Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 20th April 2017, 17:53   #1
Nunfa1
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Tourer 2.5V6 Auto Con SE

Default Dilema

Hello again everyone, long time since I was on here.
I've reached the stage that everyone has or will get to, does she stay or go?
Part of the reason I logged on was to see hoe long ago I bought the car, nearly 5 years it would seem. In that time it's been fantastic, last MOT needed a rear spring and new bushes but that's all it's ever needed along with a rear box section last year. All just wear and tear really.
Things started to change last year though. My wife only passed her driving test a couple of years ago and would never would drive the Rover but then wrote her own car off. Now with no other choice she started driving it. No prizes for guessing that she loves it!
Problem is now she's using it all the time it's getting incredibly expensive to run, barely get 250 miles to a tank.
So, do we buy a 3rd car? My own commuter car is an MR2 roadster & she won't like driving that. Or do we replace the 75?
She thinks the problem is my MR2, but it really isn't. I think having 3 cars is sensible, both have a back up if necessary, but I'm having a hard time trying to convince her of that.
Any suggestions?
Nunfa1 is offline   Reply With Quote