Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 5th April 2012, 16:35   #1
mamasboy
RS South East

Ford fester... blah....

Default Advice needed on getting the most from Sky TV

I'm close to end of first year with Sky TV/Phone/Broadband. In general i'm happy enough but as a consumer i'd always like more. So should I be on the phone negotiating a better deal for the coming year or am I best cancelling then having new contract in wifes name if thats possible? Any hints, advice welcome (apart from getting shot of Sky)
Old 5th April 2012, 16:44   #2
spyder
This is my second home

75 CDT Auto Tourer , Rover 45 , Astra, Zaffira, Chev Captiva

My wife joined netfix-watched through the kids Wii in their room. It really does work, just not sure how much broadband it does use.
We have sky, but without the movie channels. Sky movies £32 .Netfix £6 for decent movies-even the complete top gear.
Not yet sure if one can plug the sky box into the router to access netfix.
Sky will hopefully counter this in some way or another.

Craig
Chrome skull caps, EGR cleaned (original housing), Mondeo lower mounting, 12V outlets in the armrest and tourer boot, cat fixed, working FBH, Lidl plenum covers, DD with reverse camera.New speakesr/Tweeters with MDF rings. wood dash, Memory leather seats, wooden finished steering and handbrake, Xenon headlights.
spyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2012, 19:34   #3
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

I pay a fortune per month to Sky, Full package with HD and 3d activated and internet. We have just connected the skybox to the router to get anytime + which is free and very much worth having. I believe you can either access netflix or it's on it's way? Can't see any reason to change really. Not sure if you can change names as a new member as the address will be the same..

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2012, 21:11   #4
whitevanman
This is my second home

2001 Connie SE CDT, 2002 2.0Petrol Laguna SportHatch

Apparently sky anytime plus is now available to all, not just to those that have broadband with them.

Do the usual, quote their deals, they are advertising unlimited calls & internet for £20ish including line rental. This is the only thing I took off them as their broadband round here is shocking, mine is now with talktalk @ £20ish pm for a yr then £28ish including line rental and unlimited calls, just ask them to match it.

Car: Connie SE CDT Manual, Mods: O-Rings, Silicon intercooler hose, Stainless EGR Bypass, BMW PCV Mod, 160 Upgrade, DD Unit, Projector Headlights, Powerflex Bottom Mount, Remote Clutch reservoir, SS Compensator; Inline Stat To Come: cat gut (when replacing iffy section). Meteors after refurb..
whitevanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2012, 21:19   #5
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamasboy View Post
I'm close to end of first year with Sky TV/Phone/Broadband. In general i'm happy enough but as a consumer i'd always like more. So should I be on the phone negotiating a better deal for the coming year or am I best cancelling then having new contract in wifes name if thats possible? Any hints, advice welcome (apart from getting shot of Sky)
We have had the Sky satellite only two or three times, but no longer. When you threaten to go, they always come back at you with a better offer. They continued to pestering us for years with the better offers.

We now make do with Freeview and Freesat, which offers more than we have time to watch. For broadband and phone we have subscribed to Tiscali, which has been generally pretty good (fast and reliable).

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2012, 22:11   #6
Shaun233
Avid contributor

Rover 75 saloon

Talking

I have just Hal to have a new box installed paying a small fortune to sky each month as we have the full package inc HD and 3D 4 weeks after having the new box I noticed that the pay monthly HD channels were not working and I had been paying for them for that month may only be £10.00 extra but still didn't recive what I had payed for rang sky asked for £10.00 to be knocked off our next bill the guy at the end of the phone said that he was not allowed to do it so I said put me through to cancellations spoke to the woman at cancellation and explained she knocked me 25% of our bill for the next 12 months that's a saving of about £16 per month
Shaun233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2012, 14:01   #7
Typhoon190
This is my second home

MG ZT-T 190 Monogram Typhoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT View Post
We have had the Sky satellite only two or three times, but no longer. When you threaten to go, they always come back at you with a better offer. They continued to pestering us for years with the better offers.

We now make do with Freeview and Freesat, which offers more than we have time to watch. For broadband and phone we have subscribed to Tiscali, which has been generally pretty good (fast and reliable).
Totally agree. Was paying £20 per month to Sky for the very basic TV package. Really nothing much extra than repeated programs that I paid my £12 TV license for the previous year.

Phone up to cancel, and wait for the deals to be offered. It's a massive con IMO.
Typhoon190 is offline   Reply With Quote