Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 14th July 2008, 11:42   #11
Pete
Owners Club Director

Rover 75

I wouldn't even look at the pre-season games as these hardly give any indication about the squad and tactics. Certainly not at this time of year anyway. They're just fitness run-outs.

As for Hereford, we lost to Wrexham. Ho hum.

Follow The Club On Twitter
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2008, 17:01   #12
rockinpaul25
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Connoisseur SE CDTI

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by superporky View Post
Still unbeaten then!

Can you tell I`m an optimist? :lol:
Yes still unbeaten
COME ON YOU BLUES
Old 14th July 2008, 19:59   #13
rockinpaul25
Avid contributor

So what do you think of this Mark ???

Marcus Bent's move from Charlton to Cardiff City is off after the striker requested to talk to Birmingham about a move to St Andrews.
Cardiff had agreed a fee with Charlton for the well travelled front man and had also concurred on personal terms with the player ahead of a scheduled medical on Monday.
However, having got wind of interest in his services from Birmingham, Bent has had a change of heart as he considers a future away from the capital.
No deal

Cardiff, upon hearing news of Bent's U-turn, have withdrawn their offer and the deal is now dead.
A club statement read: "Shortly before Marcus Bent was due to arrive for his medical and complete his move to Cardiff City, we were informed that he had changed his mind and asked Charlton permission to speak to Birmingham.
"Whilst at this stage we are unaware of whether he has been given permission to talk to Birmingham City, we only want players who are committed to Cardiff City Football Club and therefore have withdrawn from the deal."
Old 14th July 2008, 20:06   #14
rockinpaul25
Avid contributor

Found this also

Neil Warnock says Birmingham City have entered the hunt to sign Crystal Palace midfielder Ben Watson.
Palace are willing to listen to offers for Watson, who has just 12 months remaining on his current contract.
Chairman Simon Jordan confirmed earlier in the week that discussions are being held with a number of clubs regarding Watson.
Queens Park Rangers have been long-time admirers of Watson, but Birmingham are also showing an interest in the 23-year-old.
Wait and see

Warnock confirmed there have been bids for the home-grown talent, but Palace's valuation has yet to be matched.
"We've offered Ben the biggest contract at the club at the moment, but he and his agent have made it clear they won't sign," Warnock told the South London Press.
"QPR and Birmingham have made good offers, but they are short of our valuation.
"We'll have to wait and see what happens in the next few weeks."
Old 15th July 2008, 14:41   #15
superporky
Regular poster

rover 75 saloon 1.8 petrol.

Forssell scores 10 (ten) goals on his debut for hannover in a 23 - 0 pre season friendly win!!!!!!!!!!
Old 15th July 2008, 16:44   #16
rockinpaul25
Avid contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by superporky View Post
Forssell scores 10 (ten) goals on his debut for hannover in a 23 - 0 pre season friendly win!!!!!!!!!!
Typical
Old 16th July 2008, 21:11   #17
rockinpaul25
Avid contributor

Thumbs up Second Striker for Blues

Birmingham have completed the signing of Marcus Bent from Championship rivals Charlton.
Bent appeared to be on his way to Cardiff only for the player to turn his back on the Welsh side after Birmingham made an offer for his services.
The 30-year-old has signed a three-year deal after agreeing personal terms and passing a medical at St Andrews.
Bent spent last season on loan at Wigan Athletic and impressed during his time at the JJB Stadium.
However, he failed to secure a permanent move to Wigan and Blues boss Alex McLeish has swooped to snap him from under the noses of Cardiff.
Anger

Bent's decision to snub a move to Cardiff in preference to Birmingham has earned him an angry rebuke from Bluebirds chairman Peter Ridsdale.

"You don't expect people to as good as look you in the face and give every indication everything is fine, and then say 'no'," Ridsdale told the South Wales Echo.
"At 10pm on Sunday evening I rang to check and everything was fine. I asked whether there was any risk that it could change and we were assured Marcus Bent was delighted with the move. The deal was done and the player was due in Cardiff for his medical to start (Monday afternoon). At around 1pm I was contacted and told he wasn't going to be at the medical.
"I have spoken to Marcus and he says a move to the Midlands suits him better. Why didn't he tell us that before? But we must stay calm and be professional. We will bring in the missing links to complete the squad as quickly as we can."
Ridsdale added: "We have been let down and not by Charlton Athletic, who did everything right and are a club I have major respect for."
Old 16th July 2008, 21:38   #18
richie69
Regular poster

Rover75 Saloon

Marcus bent great signing at ,least i can watch is mrs if it all starts going wrong.was on holiday when we gave forrsell away was told by the villa fans i have had to be humilated by all season that he had gone. When we get back up first time of asking we will proberly buy im back for 5mil typical blues.
richie69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2008, 21:46   #19
rockinpaul25
Avid contributor

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie69 View Post
Marcus bent great signing at ,least i can watch is mrs if it all starts going wrong.was on holiday when we gave forrsell away was told by the villa fans i have had to be humilated by all season that he had gone. When we get back up first time of asking we will proberly buy im back for 5mil typical blues.
I am starting to feel optimistic about the forth comming season Phillips & Bent sounds good to me supplied by McFadden & Larson
Richie dont forget that their are only 2 teams in Birmingham
Birmingham City & Birmingham City Reserves

Come on you Blues :lol:
Old 16th July 2008, 21:56   #20
richie69
Regular poster

Rover75 Saloon

Too true stay blue i just hope kelly and laursen stay but i think blackburn will get mcfadden.But will still manage.
richie69 is offline   Reply With Quote