Mg Zt 190

R.I.P. Rotrex.
championdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2013, 12:30   #112
lady zed
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon

Thanked 1,210 Times in 716 Posts

George - Let us know the funeral arrangements when the family have them. It would be nice to have a small convoy of 75's/ZT's to see him off.
Old 15th February 2013, 12:36   #113
ianinfrance
Gets stuck in

Triumph TR7 2.0 dhc + ford ranger XLT+ VW Passat 2.5 V6 Tdi

Just a short note to record my sincere condolences to all who knew him. I have memories of reading his posts on the other forum but knew him little.
I would like to be included with those who have expressed their sympathies to his family and friends.

Rest in Peace sir.
ianinfrance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2013, 13:07   #114
Longbridge Loony
Loves to post

MG6 GT SE & Rover 25 IE

R.I.P Rotrex and may God be with your family and friends at this sad time.
Old 15th February 2013, 13:31   #115
CFR Cowen

75 Saloon

I met Tam once. He stopped by my house to collect a set of wheels that he was going to drop off to someone on his travels. He was a really nice guy with a knowledge and enthusiasm for these cars like I've never seen before. He was all over mine checking out every aspect of it and then was kind enough to let me have a quick look over his ZT. He really knew his stuff and would help anyone in any way he could. We swapped numbers and I called him once more (as he had implored me to do if I was ever stuck) asking for a bit of advice which he was only too happy to give. It worked and I was very grateful.

A top man and as many have said before, far too young to be taken from us. I wasn't going to post on this thread, I was going to just remain anonymous and remember a nice man who once helped me just because he could, in my own way. But, I suppose all these wee stories and anecdotes will form new memories for those who knew him and give some idea to those who never had the privilege, of what he was like.

A top man. Rest In Peace, Tam.

Cheers
John

Last edited by Reebs; 15th February 2013 at 15:37.. Reason: reference removed
CFR Cowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2013, 13:50   #116
tambour
Regular poster

2002 Rover 75 CDT Club & 1999 Rover 75 CDT Connoisseur SE

Sad news. Send our condolences to his family.
tambour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2013, 14:03   #117
Villa Villan
I really should get out more.......

ZT-T 160 1.8T

God Bless.
Old 15th February 2013, 14:54   #118
BarryH
Passed Away

Rover 75 CDT Saloon

Sad news,my respects to his family.
I never met Tam but had bought things from him and had spoken to him on the phone.
BarryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2013, 15:06   #119
MASTIFF2
Gets stuck in

ROVER 75 CDT TOURERS X2 !

Default Re In memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by cossie dunc View Post
George, a brilliant memory. That was the thing with tam I would pop out for a cup of tea and a wee chat and 8 hours later we would have solved all the worlds issues and dreamed up some new projects for us to do in the summer

Ill never forget the first time I met him, back in the olden days tam was a French car breaker so anything Peugeot/Citroen tam was the man. I popped into his yard to collect some parts I'd pre arranged to collect.

The price was 50 quid I only had a 100 pound note. I handed it to him and said sorry I've not got anything smaller you'll need to give me 50 back. He smiled at me and took the note and ripped it in half then handed me one Half and walked off.......................we laughed about that for years
Dunc he did that to so many people over the years since then, I've watched many a jaw drop when handed half a note (from a pound upwards!)

Hard to believe but when I met Tam he had very little interest in cars, we were both into bikes ,Short, chubby (he had spikey hair then !) but God
he could ride a bike. Tam being Tam he had to know the ins and outs of all things mechanical on every bike he had, he was never to pround to ask somebody if he didn't know how something worked, but thereafter you could guarantee he could tell you EVERYTHING about whatever it was.and it wasn't the Harley Davidson type bikes, Oh no not for Tam,Tam loved speed (as anyone trying to follow his ZT to the Hawes will tell you). It was the biggest Japanese 1100cc tuned to destruction monster you could find, ( Tam those are racing slicks and you're on the road, "aye but if you don't stop nobody notices, the're only £20 from the racing guys and the're really sticky !") . We barrelled around the North of Scotland regularly destroying tyres over a weekend ("once you pass Crainlarich open the throttle full, put a clothes peg on it and try and keep up! ") . I can remember stopping for Fuel after following Tam for two hours of madness and our hands shaking so much with adrenaline that we couldnt get the fuel nozzles into the petrol tanks, followed by much giggling and hilarity while sat at the end of Loch Ness watching the sun go down.

Some of the best days of my life.

I bought my Rover Tourer from him (amongst countless other cars and bikes because you always knew you would get a good one) and he led me to this forum. When he moved to Rovers he did it like everything else he did, find out everything and make it the best it can be then tell anyone else who wants to know how to do the same.

The world is a poorer place without him

Brian

Last edited by MASTIFF2; 15th February 2013 at 17:04..
MASTIFF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2013, 15:18   #120
ChuffinEck
Loves to post

Rover 75 Contemporary SE with LPG

I only chatted to Tam the one time, but I will never forget the man's enthuisiasm and knowledge of our car's, and his enthuisiasm was infective, I hope those who have suggested a "guard" of 75's and ZT's are able to do this, if his family are agreeable, my thoughts go to them at this sad time, Farewell Tam.
97 Rover 214
99 Rover 420
02 Rover 75 Conney SE Tourer Diesel
04 Rover 75 Conny SE Tourer 1.8
02 Rover 75 Club SE CDT Saloon

Current Cars..............
05 Rover 75 Contemporary SE 2.5 V6 (LPG)
04 Conny Se Saloon 1.8
03 MG ZT 1.8
ChuffinEck is offline   Reply With Quote