trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts
Default Daylight robbery

Ok.. this is serious.

A subject very close to my heart..

BISCUITS!

As you can see from the pictures, Lidl are now packaging custard cream biscuits like this...

Now if you package them as they used to be, you would get at least another three biscuits in there.

I feel robbed! Bl00dy Germans, they bombed our chip shops as well ya know!
Old 8th September 2019, 08:30   #2
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

I'm usually the first one for a bargain, but I detest Lidl and Aldi food, we tried a weekly shop there once; never again.
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2019, 09:28   #3
KWIL
Precise

Rover 75 Tourer 2.5KV6 Connoisseur SE

Shrinkflation strikes again.

Kelloggs now have pack sizes 375gm instead of 500gm
KWIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2019, 09:54   #4
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

CUSTARD CREAMS:? eek:, How can you eat such rubbish.
Surely you could at least stretch to Bourbon Creams. Just as rubbish, but taste much nicer.
Old 8th September 2019, 10:13   #5
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

This thread is about cheap trashy biscuits that still taste nice..,Morrison’s do their own choc hob nobs, can’t remember what they are called, but they are about the same, half the price of the real thing. Atm our local S/bury is selling the large pack of choc hobnobs for the same price as the small pack, well you just have to buy them don’t you? It would be rude not to.

Last edited by RPWC; 9th September 2019 at 07:53.. Reason: Typo
RPWC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2019, 13:18   #6
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
Ok.. this is serious. A subject very close to my heart. BISCUITS! As you can see from the pictures, Lidl are now packaging custard cream biscuits like this ... Now if you package them as they used to be, you would get at least another three biscuits in there ... I feel robbed! Bl00dy Germans, they bombed our chip shops as well ya know!
They are definitely taking the biscuit. As for the Germans, the Fokkers were everywhere but they didn't like it up them.

OUCH! Lol.
WillyHeckaslike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2019, 15:35   #7
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas View Post
I'm usually the first one for a bargain, but I detest Lidl and Aldi food, we tried a weekly shop there once; never again.
We did the same, the problem was we could not find everything we wanted so we ended up going to Sainsburys to finish off. We tried a couple of times but gave up.

We don't buy any meat from the supermarkets, we always buy meat from a butchers and we have a couple that always look after there regular customers. I also get to choose the meat cut I want not what the supermarket decides to put in a tray. A butcher will also vacuum pack it if you ask so it lasts longer. I also can buy the amount of sausages I want not a pack of 8 and a couple go to waste.
SCP440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2019, 18:02   #8
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

The only times we enter into an Lidl or an Aldi is for the non-food offers, as for the quality of food; we have found it to be somewhat questionable.

I know the stores are smaller than the average supermarket, hence the small product range, but why bother? You end up having to go to one of the more renowned supermarkets to finish a weekly shop anyway.

The whole experience has been unpleasant at times, the small amount of staff that I've seen in one of these stores are generally miserable, they only have one till/cashier operating; so the queue tends to be a mile long.

Each to their own I guess.
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2019, 08:02   #9
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP440 View Post
We did the same, the problem was we could not find everything we wanted so we ended up going to Sainsburys to finish off. We tried a couple of times but gave up.

We don't buy any meat from the supermarkets, we always buy meat from a butchers and we have a couple that always look after there regular customers. I also get to choose the meat cut I want not what the supermarket decides to put in a tray. A butcher will also vacuum pack it if you ask so it lasts longer. I also can buy the amount of sausages I want not a pack of 8 and a couple go to waste.
Therein lieth the problem for us, there are no local butchers, bakers or greengrocers in our village at all now, they have all closed over the years due to either retirement, or the convenience of the supermarket. We have no choice but to go to S/bury,Asda,Morrison or Tesco. Even the surrounding villages have none of the above, the nearest place we can get loose produce is the Grainger Market in Newcastle itself, which is about 8 miles away, and parking is not convenient, unless you use on street meters in the city centre, or the multi storeys which cost a fortune. So hat you save by buying direct form the independent produce retailer, you lose in fuel and parking costs.Th only advantage is, you buy the exact amount you want, and it lasts longer.