Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 1st February 2009, 18:34   #31
bobthethird
Avid contributor

Rover75 CDT Saloon Auto

I am having exactly the same problems as yourself, the only difference is that I connected 12v to pin one which overrides the temperature sensor. Then use that 12v to power a 12v led from Maplin http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?moduleno=35738. I am currently working on a timer circuit for both fbh and ATc so that I can use the non-latch facility of the remote. I have the same remote as you.
bobthethird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2009, 19:18   #32
Greeners

MG-ZTT

Thanked 1,249 Times in 1,036 Posts

Have a read of this thread...lots of info in it
Greeners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2009, 13:25   #33
nielg

rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikTheGeek View Post
I know this has been discussed to death, so apologies, but I can't find the answer I'm looking for.

I've just purchased a 12v remote switch with key fob from Maplin. I know I need to short pin 3 to make the FBH fire up as I've tested it by manually shorting pin 3 to gnd.

But: my remote switch can be set to momentary or latching switching. So a single press can turn on and another press turns off; or it turns on for the duration of the press and as soon as you stop pressing, turns off.

Which option do I need? Once its turned on, does it stay on until you disconnect pin 3? In which case latching. Or is it timed? If I use latching, will turning the engine on for a journey, then stopping override it and switch it off?

If latching, I'll have to rig up some sort of indicator too so I don't accidentally leave it on and flatten my battery...

tnx for any advice or suggestions (other than spending loads on a proper Webasto one!)

Nick
Hi nick,
Talking about remote controls for the webasto i have just seen a GSM REMOTE control system called GSM-AUTO on the net and they have developed a system for remotely controlling pre heaters in cars from a mobile phone or land line take a look it loos good link is
http://www.gsm-auto.com
nielg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2009, 14:08   #34
NikTheGeek
Gets stuck in

2002 Range Rover P38

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielg View Post
Hi nick,
Talking about remote controls for the webasto i have just seen a GSM REMOTE control system called GSM-AUTO on the net and they have developed a system for remotely controlling pre heaters in cars from a mobile phone or land line take a look it loos good link is
http://www.gsm-auto.com
A little pricey for a switch, but cool. You can't get much better than sitting in your office at work and phoning your car to turn on the heater!!
NikTheGeek is offline   Reply With Quote