Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 6th November 2016, 21:11   #1
rovertone
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Conne SE Auto CDTi

Default Confidence restored!

Last year I drove to the Algarve via southern Spain towing my caravan and had so many problems (rad burst, aircon leak, crank pulley failure, overheat failed fan pcb) that it made me feel very nervous about venturing abroad again, foreign land, obsolete manufacturer, I was beginning to think my Rover days were coming to an end.

Not wanting to give up I did the round trip again last autumn without the caravan, this Spring went down with the van and returned solo, went down again in Sept solo and have just arrived back with the van in tow. Over the last 3 round trips (9000mls) the car has not missed a beat, it has been absolutely brilliant and has towed a 1450kg caravan effortlessly.
I use mainly motorway/dual carriageway running 'true' 70/75 mph solo & 55/60 mph towing and have averaged 43/26 mpg respectively which for an auto well loaded up I reckon is ok.

I am well pleased so thought I would share, not saying things won't go wrong in future but I'm back to confident motoring!
Also 2004 Rover 25 SXi CVT, 1999 Megane Cabriolet and still missing my 800 Fastback
rovertone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2016, 21:22   #2
Mickyboy
SERVICING AND DEALER DIAGNOSTICS

MG ZT CDTI 135 + & MGZT CDTI AUTO 160 & ROVER 75 TOURER CDTI 160 TROPHY YELLOW

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovertone View Post
Last year I drove to the Algarve via southern Spain towing my caravan and had so many problems (rad burst, aircon leak, crank pulley failure, overheat failed fan pcb) that it made me feel very nervous about venturing abroad again, foreign land, obsolete manufacturer, I was beginning to think my Rover days were coming to an end.

Not wanting to give up I did the round trip again last autumn without the caravan, this Spring went down with the van and returned solo, went down again in Sept solo and have just arrived back with the van in tow. Over the last 3 round trips (9000mls) the car has not missed a beat, it has been absolutely brilliant and has towed a 1450kg caravan effortlessly.
I use mainly motorway/dual carriageway running 'true' 70/75 mph solo & 55/60 mph towing and have averaged 43/26 mpg respectively which for an auto well loaded up I reckon is ok.

I am well pleased so thought I would share, not saying things won't go wrong in future but I'm back to confident motoring!
That's great to hear, a real good trip mate
Jobs done : new UBP, Spy hole mod, Rear hub(wheel bearing),plenum cleaned and emptied, Inline thermostat fitted,Full service, In car Digital tv/DVD Bluetooth Satnav etc, Replaced UBP, Restored headlights,Fixed airbag connection.replaced HP pump,replaced rear light seals,changed intercooler O rings.

Jobs to do: ,replace drivers lock,.
[/SIZE]
Mickyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2016, 06:32   #3
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

I had wondered about taking the van abroad but I think being across the water is just a long way from home. A mental thing.
Have been up and down the Motorways this year from Southampton to Nottingham and a trip from Southampton to the Peak District. Engine wise it has not missed a beat. Weabsto has come on while car is parked and may have flattened the battery and a dip beam bulb has blown.
car performs like a trouper,really please with it

macfee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote