Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 18th September 2018, 20:03   #21
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les4048 View Post
I’m genuinely disappointed, the pedal rubbers are filthy

That should knock at least £6k off the car's value - some will be thinking I expect.
Old 18th September 2018, 20:05   #22
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts

I daren't sell mine now
Old 18th September 2018, 20:06   #23
Borg Warner
I really should get out more.......

None

Quote:
Originally Posted by mss View Post

How childish and pathetic you are, the whole lot of you (minus Mickyboy!). Sadly this includes a moderator.

Get yourselves lives with some purpose gentlemen.

These posts say more about you than the ex-member who owns the car.

I sincerely hope that more of the members with class and etiquette will visibly and publicly show their displeasure at your postings.

You are dragging down the tone and reputation of this club.

The level of pettiness being demonstrated by a small group towards a former member and his car is quite unbelievable.
Well put. Very well put.
Old 18th September 2018, 20:23   #24
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-Nut View Post
Arethere was that weird metallic gold ZT last week with mega mileage and tacky stick on wings and bumper protectors.
Oi, that was mine (Though I was not responsible for the add on's)

Old 18th September 2018, 20:31   #25
P-Nut
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 190+

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
Oi, that was mine (Though I was not responsible for the add on's)

It's nearish me! I did discover it was also on FB marketplace for less money, 80,000 miles knocked off and the gearbox changed to Auto???

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...4347598847876/

The unique spec is quite appealing, it's very 'Rover GTi-ish' but not paying £1k for a car with that many miles when there are so many lower mileage examples with leather.
Old 18th September 2018, 21:46   #26
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:

I do consider it a shame that Clyde was a well liked and respected (by many) member of the club but was set upon by a few as soon as he advertised his car.
errrm, did he not ask for opinions, creating a separate thread to do so (contravening the closure of for sale ads - for the very reason - that it and another was closed for) ?

Personally, I cannot see why he is/was asking such a high (and it is at the minute it is high) price. All the justification for such a high price is associated with running costs of a car. Throwing some cheap polish (ok relatively cheap ) onto it is not going to add value. In my opinion, it WILL add desirability, as it shows an owner who cares for their car.

If I recall, also, the common issues with our cars had not been fully dealt with, but rather postponed (the rear arms, and brakepipes - ok brake pipes are not a common issue as such).

Does this mean my car with new front suspension, complete (brand- ok a year old now) new rear suspension (inc subframe!), after next week, 5 new tyres, and new brakes (discs, calipers, braided hoses, pads and shoes), with very soon to be 100k miles on it, diesel auto (none of that pesky clutch trouble) should be worth something similar if I Hoover it out? (yes I do have a Hoover vacuum cleaner - although I think I would use the Hetty, as it gives better stripes - sorry couldnt resist). Using the auto to equate the desirability of a tourer, mine being a saloon.

On top of all that, the hundreds of photos, every receipt for parts replaced, and maintenance recorded (you will just have to trust me I did it all correctly, but as I use it as a daily, it is important to me, that I know it is done right, and not how some general mechanic thinks it should be done).

Perhaps in 10/15 years in that condition, it could be justified even adjusted for inflation - although I think it could fall due to it being a diesel. But the market sets the price, and currently there are too many cars out there in as good as, or better mechanical condition for much much less money. Buy one of those for £1000, and spend another 3-4k on a paint job (IMO and taste only (!) a better colour).

I genuinely hope he does get what he wants for it,at least something that makes him both happy and have the desire to come back waving his wad in our faces, but personally I cannot see the value.

Incidentally, I use a relatively cheap wax (£25 for 100g) and amongst other things relatively cheap prep and sealant (Auto finesse Tough coat and prep ). Not to mention the 3 gallons of snow foam and another 3 of wash, I have used on the last three years. I spend that money on the cleaning, and my time because I enjoy it and find it therapeutic. You cannot put a value on that, but you cannot expect someone else to see the cost and pay for it.

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
Old 18th September 2018, 21:56   #27
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by clf View Post

errrm, did he not ask for opinions, creating a separate thread to do so (contravening the closure of for sale ads - for the very reason - that it and another was closed for) ?

No - he did not. He alerted members to the fact that he would be advertising the car.

The rest is just you having the opinion that you do not value his car as he does.

The fact is that his car looked rather special whereas most on here do not. That makes it special and quite unique.

I should reiterate that this is not about whether a car is worth soemone's asking price. It is about what makes a group of grown up men want to spend their time disecting and criticizing another owner's asking price for his car and then announcing it on open forums. I have to confess that I don't get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clf View Post
............ but you cannot expect someone else to see the cost and pay for it.
Is that not for a potential buyer to decide as opposed to an uninvolved party?

Out of interest, how many classic car awards has you car won?

Last edited by MSS; 18th September 2018 at 22:07..
Old 18th September 2018, 22:08   #28
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
No - he did not. He alerted members to the fact that he would be advertising the car.

The rest is just you having the opinion that you do not value his car as he does.

The fact is that his car looked rather special whereas most on here do not. That makes it special and quite unique.
Maninder, ten years ago I bought my very first Rover 75, it was a British Racing Green Connoisseur SE Tourer 1800T with 42,000 miles on the clock.

I was the second owner, and the car was at the time six years old, and it is the only R40 I've bought that wasn't a rescue, and wasn't any sort of compromise.

The dealer I bought it from supplied it with 12 months MOT, six months VED, a full tank of fuel and a six month warranty.

The price, well it was a shade under £4000.

This car looked every bit as nice as Clyde's car, was ten years younger than Clyde's car, and had half the mileage under it's belt when I bought it.

It also had more options, walnut wheel, gearknob, message centre, PDC, and had quality written all over it, from the matching set of five Dunlop Fast Response tyres on unmarked alloy wheels, to the deep sea green mats protecting the carpet from my hob nail boots.

So can you remind me, what makes this particular car so special ?

Brian
Old 18th September 2018, 22:10   #29
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Quote:

lol (I did actually laugh out loud - reminded me of THIS). I have to disagree. Just because it LOOKS 'special' (and it did) , does not make it a good car (although it could be), nor does it add that much 'cost'. An hour or two with mine, can make mine look rather special (to some - it is subjective after all - to me, mine looks shiny silver - thats all just shiny silver, shiny green cars to me, definitely do NOT look special, but that is MY opinion/taste).

How a car looks will add desirability to it, when comparing it to others in the market. If I was to spend that amount, I would spend it on a new paint job for mine in a colour I like, and maintain the new paint's shininess. Sad as it is, I polish mine, not because I want to show off the colour, (hmm what colour? lol), but I enjoy seeing the depth of the lacquer over the layers of paint - which can be seen, it is like a layer of foil below a thin layer of glass when polished correctly.

Old 18th September 2018, 22:14   #30
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Quote:

Is that not for a potential buyer to decide as opposed to an uninvolved party?

Out of interest, how many classic car awards has you car won?
yes it is, but with potential buyers (could argue opinion poll participants) voicing their thoughts, and when they did not marry up with what you think, storming off is not good form.

Just the one award, from the one show I have ever attended with it.

but I am happy with the compliments and passes from the MOT (NI) tester, because it is MY car, and I like it. I couldnt give a toss what others thought of it, the cost, time and effort it gives me, makes it good value to me.

Last edited by clf; 18th September 2018 at 22:25..
Closed Thread