Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 13th September 2018, 19:25   #1
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool I just love this club.

A really BIG THANK YOU to Allen, Matt and Pete for all there hard work that was carried out on Redfive today.

Whilst out driving yesterday the under tray decided to part company with most of the car. The only part that kept the tray in place was the bumper bolts.
I phoned Matt who said should be easy to re-attach. So I got out the tools, yes I now have tools, and had a go at re-attaching the tray. But of course with ole Red being lowered I had no chance of getting under the car. I only have a scissor jack and I knew that would not be a lot of help.

So I phoned Matt again, and he said bring up tomorrow, (today), and he would get it fixed.
I let Allen know that I was going up to Matt's and he said he would come along and help.
So having collected Allen this morning off we went at a steady speed up to Matt's. Allen said he could smell diesel, yes I know said I.

((Over the last few months I have occasionally smelt diesel but could not see it it was leaking from anywhere, but we were hoping to find out where it was leaking from)).

So we drove Redfive up onto a couple of wooden blocks, so to raise her up a bit to get the trolley jacks underneath. Allen got straight underneath and started straight away putting the tray back up. But he said that there was diesel dripping down. So Matt and I had a look under the bonnet. Matt came to the conclusion that it must be leaking on the return pipe. But first things first. Get the tray fixed up with new screws and retaining clips.

Our friend Pete turned up with his diesel ZT, he took one look under our bonnet and fell in love with the painted engine cover, Ian G had originally painted it in Dark Red with sparkles. I have never been to keen on it but was ok to keep it. But on Petes he had a totally clean and untouched cover with matching battery & fuse box cover. The last two bits on Redfive were also painted.
So we swapped the covers over.

Allen had finished underneath and now was seeking out the leak. Matt had gone off to the quacks to get his damaged leg assessed again. Both Allen and Pete found the diesel leak, the jubilee clip, connecting two pipes going back towards the tank, was loose. Allen tightened it up and now no more leak. And we had new covers on and Pete was happy with his new shiney covers.

Matt was back from the quacks. Pete left to go home. Shirley cooked us 3 some egg and bacon sarnies. Tea? Oh! Go on then.

A few years ago I was given a reversing camera, for Banana, but then I never had a Navall fitted. So Matt decided to fit it to Redfive who has no reversing sensors. But alas time was against us. So that will be fitted another day.

Allen and I left and we drove home with no diesel smell nor the under tray flapping about.

So a BIG THANK YOU, again, to Allen, Matt and Pete for helping me out yet again.

232750. Be patient Banana, we will soon be back together and enjoying the shows again.

onen hag oll

Last edited by FLYING BANANA; 13th September 2018 at 19:27.. Reason: Spellin'
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2018, 19:36   #2
P-Nut
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 190+

Our cars come with undertrays?!
Old 13th September 2018, 19:38   #3
keithst24
This is my second home

X Power Grey MGZT 180+ Auto... Bumble & 1.8T Odessey Rover 75 Contemporary SE manual

Thanked 1,801 Times in 1,403 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA View Post
A really BIG THANK YOU to Allen, Matt and Pete for all there hard work that was carried out on Redfive today.

Whilst out driving yesterday the under tray decided to part company with most of the car. The only part that kept the tray in place was the bumper bolts.
I phoned Matt who said should be easy to re-attach. So I got out the tools, yes I now have tools, and had a go at re-attaching the tray. But of course with ole Red being lowered I had no chance of getting under the car. I only have a scissor jack and I knew that would not be a lot of help.

So I phoned Matt again, and he said bring up tomorrow, (today), and he would get it fixed.
I let Allen know that I was going up to Matt's and he said he would come along and help.
So having collected Allen this morning off we went at a steady speed up to Matt's. Allen said he could smell diesel, yes I know said I.

((Over the last few months I have occasionally smelt diesel but could not see it it was leaking from anywhere, but we were hoping to find out where it was leaking from)).

So we drove Redfive up onto a couple of wooden blocks, so to raise her up a bit to get the trolley jacks underneath. Allen got straight underneath and started straight away putting the tray back up. But he said that there was diesel dripping down. So Matt and I had a look under the bonnet. Matt came to the conclusion that it must be leaking on the return pipe. But first things first. Get the tray fixed up with new screws and retaining clips.

Our friend Pete turned up with his diesel ZT, he took one look under our bonnet and fell in love with the painted engine cover, Ian G had originally painted it in Dark Red with sparkles. I have never been to keen on it but was ok to keep it. But on Petes he had a totally clean and untouched cover with matching battery & fuse box cover. The last two bits on Redfive were also painted.
So we swapped the covers over.

Allen had finished underneath and now was seeking out the leak. Matt had gone off to the quacks to get his damaged leg assessed again. Both Allen and Pete found the diesel leak, the jubilee clip, connecting two pipes going back towards the tank, was loose. Allen tightened it up and now no more leak. And we had new covers on and Pete was happy with his new shiney covers.

Matt was back from the quacks. Pete left to go home. Shirley cooked us 3 some egg and bacon sarnies. Tea? Oh! Go on then.

A few years ago I was given a reversing camera, for Banana, but then I never had a Navall fitted. So Matt decided to fit it to Redfive who has no reversing sensors. But alas time was against us. So that will be fitted another day.

Allen and I left and we drove home with no diesel smell nor the under tray flapping about.

So a BIG THANK YOU, again, to Allen, Matt and Pete for helping me out yet again.

That's what they call a proper job Bob
Born Monday, 16th June 2003 @ 14:30:35
This vehicle was the 9,196th ZT to run off the production line, out of 18,894
This vehicle was the 576th ZT 180 + to be made out of 828
This vehicle was the 871st ZT in XPower Grey (code: LEF) to be made out of 3,143 XPower Grey ZTs
keithst24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2018, 19:46   #4
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-Nut View Post
Our cars come with undertrays?!
Yes, you take them off and store them behind your shed, or take it to Halfords in Birmingham for a service and they sell them on eBay after failing to refit them

Would tomorrow late afternoon suit you to have a look at your ABS problem by the way?

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2018, 19:52   #5
rockerbox
Avid contributor

MG ZT/T

What a superb day out !!!

Can't wait to be a retired old fogey

the above post in no way reflects the true nature of the pee taking poster
rockerbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2018, 20:21   #6
P-Nut
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 190+

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
Yes, you take them off and store them behind your shed, or take it to Halfords in Birmingham for a service and they sell them on eBay after failing to refit them

Would tomorrow late afternoon suit you to have a look at your ABS problem by the way?

Brian
I'll be home from 3 if that's OK?

(Another reason to love this club)
Old 13th September 2018, 20:23   #7
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-Nut View Post
I'll be home from 3 if that's OK?

(Another reason to love this club)
More than like nearer half four by the time I finish up the day job Jack

See you tomorrow then

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2018, 20:34   #8
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Quote:
half four by the time I finish up the day job
Bloomin part timers
Old 13th September 2018, 20:36   #9
Bogbrush82
I really should get out more.......

BMW X3 2.0D

Quote:

Brian
You're suggesting that Halfords in Birmingham actually take the time to remove it properly?!?
Old 14th September 2018, 12:30   #10
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool We have photo's

As per norm I had a camera with me. Redfive has a New MG badge.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_8981.jpg (139.6 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_8984.jpg (139.5 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_8990.jpg (141.3 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9001.jpg (136.8 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_8964.jpg (132.0 KB, 50 views)

232750. Be patient Banana, we will soon be back together and enjoying the shows again.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote