Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 7th September 2018, 20:17   #21
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sworks View Post
But by your own admission it should of had on handbrake and brake back plate
err no, I said the handbrake could be better, it was within limits so it passed, near side head light adjusted. no documented advisories. where do you get back plate from

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2018, 20:44   #22
BigRuss
Premium Trader

75 CDT Tourer,2.5 Launch Saloon, Omipro MG/Rover (T4)

Thanked 1,340 Times in 661 Posts

Quote:
I’m always surprised when people say they have no advisories, I’d expect them the age of these cars.
My daily driver has passed it's last 3 MOTs that I've had since owning the car with only 1 advisory and that was only for a screw in the tyre tread that didn't puncture the tyre

Not bad for a car with 190,000 miles on the clock, but it's not a Rover

Russ

Replacement Key Service
http://https://the75andztclub.co.uk/...d.php?t=244732
Full T4 Testbook diagnostics available.
Diesel ECU repair and replacement.
Options enabled or disabled as required.
Diesel X-Power 135 and 160bhp, Rover 1.8T 150 to 160
MG 160 V6 to 177 upgrades available
P.M. for details.
BigRuss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2018, 21:21   #23
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
err no, I said the handbrake could be better, it was within limits so it passed, near side head light adjusted. no documented advisories. where do you get back plate from

macafee2

Sorry my mistake, rear heat shield not brake disc, not sure how I mis read that other than it’s been a long day. I’m not having a go but it’s rare that these cars have no advisories. If the tester had a word with you about the hand brake being better then it maybe should of been an advise? Pass, fail or advise are the options and it sounds as though you’ve been advised without it been added onto the system. Heat shields are also part of the test so anywhere else and you could of had two advisories, maybe testers are stricter round here.

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
sworks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2018, 00:50   #24
deltic08
Avid contributor

52 ZT 190 Solar Red. 54 ZT 190 SE Ignition Blue. 54 ZT 190 SE Rio Red. 05 ZT 1.8T Aurora

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
Plenty of brake pipe Ray, and plenty of arms, I just didn't fancy lying on my back to do the job on the drive

I'll be heading south tomorrow morning to Fencehouses..........I bet you can't guess who's ramp I'm using to do the job

Brian

P.S. this is the car with not enough pedals for my liking
I know what you mean. Only had one automatic in 54 years of driving and it was nothing but trouble with the auto box. 3500 Vanden Plas EFI SD1 if you were wondering. It was on the Rover stand at the 1983 Motorshow as a new model. Don't know how many were made but I have only seen one other since 1983 and that was parked in Ripon Market Place about 1986.
I still have it stored.
I would repair then the new owner has peace of mind the car is in good order and both you and MGRover maintain their reputations.
If you have plenty of arms can I borrow one? I only have one since I had my stroke!
Give my regards to DJ.
Adrian.

Last edited by deltic08; 8th September 2018 at 01:19..
deltic08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2018, 01:03   #25
deltic08
Avid contributor

52 ZT 190 Solar Red. 54 ZT 190 SE Ignition Blue. 54 ZT 190 SE Rio Red. 05 ZT 1.8T Aurora

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
I thought Dave was moving ?
He went off to look at new premises the last time I was there six or seven weeks back but don't know where. Sixty miles further south I hope.

Last edited by deltic08; 8th September 2018 at 01:09..
deltic08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2018, 08:08   #26
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Sorry my mistake, rear heat shield not brake disc, not sure how I mis read that other than it’s been a long day. I’m not having a go but it’s rare that these cars have no advisories. If the tester had a word with you about the hand brake being better then it maybe should of been an advise? Pass, fail or advise are the options and it sounds as though you’ve been advised without it been added onto the system. Heat shields are also part of the test so anywhere else and you could of had two advisories, maybe testers are stricter round here.
i was surprised about the heat shield but I repaired it yesterday. The handbrake holds on 3 clicks but perhaps not as good as it could, perhaps it should have been an advisory but and I say this with a smile, I can brag of no documented advisories. When looking at a car I do look at mot history and love the adverts of well maintained when mot history shows lots of advisories and fail issues

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2018, 16:24   #27
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts
Cool Job done

Well the car is now sporting two new upper arms, and after I cleaned the grease from from the front brake pipe and looked at the perfectly sound green pipe underneath, shook my head and walked away

Nothing was seized, and it really was a case of three bolts per side on this occasion......an hour and a half to remove the old and refit the new

So I whizzed a coat of clear cavity wax over the brake pipe as I had 1/2 litre still in the gun after giving the new arms a good dose inside prior to fitting.

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2018, 17:12   #28
Mickyboy
SERVICING AND DEALER DIAGNOSTICS

MG ZT CDTI 135 + & MGZT CDTI AUTO 160 & ROVER 75 TOURER CDTI 160 TROPHY YELLOW

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,141 Posts

Quote:
Well the car is now sporting two new upper arms, and after I cleaned the grease from from the front brake pipe and looked at the perfectly sound green pipe underneath, shook my head and walked away

Nothing was seized, and it really was a case of three bolts per side on this occasion......an hour and a half to remove the old and refit the new

So I whizzed a coat of clear cavity wax over the brake pipe as I had 1/2 litre still in the gun after giving the new arms a good dose inside prior to fitting.

Brian
Well done top stuff mate
Mick
Jobs done : new UBP, Spy hole mod, Rear hub(wheel bearing),plenum cleaned and emptied, Inline thermostat fitted,Full service, In car Digital tv/DVD Bluetooth Satnav etc, Replaced UBP, Restored headlights,Fixed airbag connection.replaced HP pump,replaced rear light seals,changed intercooler O rings.

Jobs to do: ,replace drivers lock,.
[/SIZE]
Mickyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2018, 18:08   #29
Dawn
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT 180+ auto

Thanked 1,128 Times in 504 Posts

Quote:

Brian
This car is quite obviously a deathtrap and should be handed over to me immediately for disposal....
Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2018, 22:04   #30
Comfortably Numb
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

Does the back end not need an alignment check after changing the arms, Brian?
Comfortably Numb is offline   Reply With Quote