Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 8th March 2011, 22:13   #91
celicaman
Loves to post

Rover 75 Contemporary SE 1.8T

Mine arrived and now fitted...look very good, would post pics but I`m sure you dont want to see a pic of number plates.
celicaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2011, 00:22   #92
Scouse1958
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 2.5 Dealer Launch

Got mine today as well and look really nice with the MG ROVER GROUP logo on them

Scouse1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2011, 12:43   #93
ashb
Avid contributor

N/A

Finally got round to giving the car some attention, full clean and polish outside aswell as fitting the plates.

I never thought the rectangle plate looked that bad on the back of my ZT, but the smiley plate makes such a huge difference!
ashb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2011, 19:06   #94
CoOkIeMoNsTeR
Gets stuck in

No job = No Car :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by celicaman View Post
Mine arrived and now fitted...look very good, would post pics but I`m sure you dont want to see a pic of number plates.
I don't know you know

He who laughs last thinks slowest!

The CookieMonster fleet:-
No car anymore unless you can give me a job
I used to own a VW, but I don't like to talk about it
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
CoOkIeMoNsTeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2011, 19:39   #95
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allegroboi View Post
Took my car for the MOT yesterday, to the same place it went last year, and they pointed out my plates and asked if I had another set for the MOT, I said no and explained it had passed last year. Their reply was "if asked it was not tested with these plates" so next year will need to make sure I have a legal pair. Been running cars with this plate for years and first time its caused interest, so maybe hotting up. See pic below for spacing,

Ian
If the number plate is P80 VER, that is how it should be displayed not P 8OVER with some number plate bolts to make the 8 look like an R, anyway how come nobody has noticed you have the pre pre production 75, in remarkable condition for a '96. I personally am all for people who misrepresent their number plates in such a fashion, to have their car seized immediately, crushed into a foot square cube, and the offending plate attached to the remains, which should then be placed on the owners foot, as a paperweight for the bill from the government/police for doing the public such a valuable service of removing such idiotic tosh from our roads.
I on the other hand have no issue whatsoever, with small logo's at the footer of a number plate.
GRR.
Brian.
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2011, 19:48   #96
marinabrian

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewsemple View Post
Okay, pictures as promised. This is a close up on the logo:

This is both plates before they were fitted:

This image also shows the new grille badge just before I fitted it to the car. This is just resting on the plates in this shot but I have included it because the text is slightly more clear than in the second image:

The two plates and the badge are now on the car which makes the car look a lot fresher. The old badge was very faded. The MG Rover Group text is not 100% accurate but it is pretty close - and I should sail through the MOT with the BS marker and the Longbridge postcode.

Want some plates like this? Check out seller hardridden on eBay http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/hardridden/ - they are just £11.95 for the shaped rear plate and £9.95 for the front one including P&P.
Yes they're not bad are they?. I used hardridden to make my new smiley plate for the tourer, just to hide the fact that the previous owner had used a mixture of araldite and superglue to attempt to re attach the "sagging" standard plate, the resultant mix of goo drooled out the bottom, and reached the coffer dam, that is the chrome trim, resulting in ruined paint.
Well impressed by both the speed of delivery, and the quality is not shabby either.
Brian.
Old 12th March 2011, 08:28   #97
Allegroboi
Posted a thing or two

2.0 CDTi Tourer Connie SE auto Royal Blue/Dorchester red connie V6 with Aubergine interior

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
If the number plate is P80 VER, that is how it should be displayed not P 8OVER with some number plate bolts to make the 8 look like an R, anyway how come nobody has noticed you have the pre pre production 75, in remarkable condition for a '96. I personally am all for people who misrepresent their number plates in such a fashion, to have their car seized immediately, crushed into a foot square cube, and the offending plate attached to the remains, which should then be placed on the owners foot, as a paperweight for the bill from the government/police for doing the public such a valuable service of removing such idiotic tosh from our roads.
I on the other hand have no issue whatsoever, with small logo's at the footer of a number plate.
GRR.
Brian.
Get your point and each to their own, but my spacing is the only thing that is out, there is no number plate bolt making the 8 look like an R, my spacing is not as exagerated as you suggest it is P 80 VER. Thanks for your interest.

Last edited by Allegroboi; 12th March 2011 at 08:29.. Reason: mis-spelling
Allegroboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2011, 10:11   #98
Southern Storm
Avid contributor

MG ZT

Hey these look great. I was wondering if anyone remembers the cars that came out of the MG Xpower Sport and Racing building had different plates. No Logo's I think just the words MG Sport & Racing across the bottom. Anyone any ideas on these?
Southern Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2011, 20:22   #99
marinabrian

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allegroboi View Post
Get your point and each to their own, but my spacing is the only thing that is out, there is no number plate bolt making the 8 look like an R, my spacing is not as exagerated as you suggest it is P 80 VER. Thanks for your interest.
Then get some proper plates made then, P80 VER, not P 80 VER, by the way like your avatar, allegro special in reynard metallic?. The number plate bolt jibe was not aimed specifically at you, but the thousands of idiots that do that sort of thing, I take particular offence at this, as I received a speeding ticket from the far end of the country, because of someone misrepresenting their plate using number plate bolts. The resultant inconvenience of clearing this matter up, shall we say was considerable.
Cheers
Brian.
Old 12th March 2011, 20:27   #100
marinabrian

MG ZT

On the subject of number plates, another couple of my fleet, both registered as Rover Group Operation pool cars, 1 day & 90 cars apart.
I might just get some new plates made for these, with the MGR logo on the bottom of the plate.

I have to say I only bought the tourer, because of it's number.
Brian.