Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 4th August 2018, 12:17   #11
Robson Rover Repair
NI/ROI RS

ZT-T 190 / 75 Diesel x3 / 6 door limo / 216 Cabby / Rover 25 van

Thanked 1,046 Times in 568 Posts

Some more updates folks, total update, few crappy training videos, new way to donate and final confirmation that the fights will be held in Crown Plaza Hotel, Shawsbridge Belfast

View discretion advised. Some ugly fat guy in video.

https://youtu.be/Ivnfh6zLilE

Remember you can donate via www.justgiving.com/fundraising/colingeorgerobson or via text, text CRMM48 and £0.00 to 70070 with every penny going to Cancer Research UK.

Thank you everyone for donating so much already!!!!

Colin.
Robson Rover Repair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2018, 17:23   #12
andymc
Posted a thing or two

Wedgewood Connie SE / Black Club SE

Keep up the good work Colin - seems like you're really putting yourself through the mill!

I'm not sure how important strength-building is for your particular training needs (as opposed to e.g. cardio fitness etc), but if that's something you feel the need to work on then it might be worth discussing the Wendler programme with your trainer. In case you haven't heard of this, it's done with free weights (i.e. barbells) and focuses on four key lifts - bench press, back squat, deadlift and military press. Each day, you pick just one of those lifts to focus on as part of your overall training session - this LINK provides a pretty clear explanation. I've done it a fair few times and I've found it works really well for increasing both limb and core strength, e.g. going from a one-rep maximum deadlift of 130kg around mid-May to 155kg last week.

It's usually done in four week stints, with the fourth week being a "deload" session, so you could actually fit in two rounds of it before your fight, especially if you train four or more days per week.

NB I'm sure your trainer has told you this already, but don't forget to build in recovery time! You'll need to take a day or two per week where you're just not training.

Keep 'er lit.
A Nigerian mother of three
andymc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2018, 14:12   #13
andymc
Posted a thing or two

Wedgewood Connie SE / Black Club SE

Mentioned this to my gym coach today and he suggested working on a couple of moves, if you aren't already. First of all, good old bench press, so as to be able to push/lift your opponent off if you're trapped underneath him. Second one is the "Turkish get-up", where you lie on your back on the floor and keep one arm vertical at all times as you get up into a standing position, then go back down & repeat e.g. three or four times for each side.

Here's a short but very step-by-step video showing how to do it, although you probably won't want to start off with a kettle bell! https://youtu.be/2dx2rM1FSgE

Get the technique right first, then as you progress with it you might start doing it with a dumbbell in the hand you're holding vertically. Again, this is about helping you to resist being held down.
A Nigerian mother of three
andymc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2018, 22:31   #14
Robson Rover Repair
NI/ROI RS

First night of training for the Ultra MMA on September 29th. Training is held at IFS Belfast MMA gym, and a great friendly bunch at that.

First off all, wow, thank you, I can't beleive the total so far is £465 already (with another £85 free thanks to gift aid) and some cash donations to collect later in week. Everyone's kindness has blown me away.

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraisi...ingeorgerobson

Tough would not be the word, I absolutely died on my ass, cardio destroyed me along with the various exercises. Long long way to go, I'd say I was easily the least fit there tonight, scared me so much I came home and did 3k night run before bed!! Gonna triple my efforts now.

Thankfully these two mad men are gonna help me get there!

I will do more than my best folks, this is life and death to me. Also I will have tickets for sale as of next Thursday so let me know who wants some!!

Colin.
Old 10th August 2018, 02:40   #15
Robson Rover Repair
NI/ROI RS

Well another update for you folks, big one at that. Its a 30 minute video all about what's been happening this week, and my god has it been a busy one and it's still 3 more days left.

I will have tickets from next Thursday ready for people but will do another update then.

So you know what to do, follow the YouTube link below and don't forget to donate to my just giving page or sent a text to 70070 with CRMM48 in the info and £1.00 to £100.00 what ever you want to donate!!!

https://youtu.be/cJaZsMshZ4A

www.justgiving.com/fundraising/colingeorgerobson

Was a good nights training.
Old 15th August 2018, 04:35   #16
Robson Rover Repair
NI/ROI RS

What an emotional day it has been. Proper full length video in the YouTube link below, updates, bad night training, injuries, pain and finding perseverance from it all afterwards.

Tonight was the hardest pain and embarrassment that exercise has ever put me through and I was genuinely distressed about it when I made this video.

https://youtu.be/Amljg3FCazQ

And finally after everything else. This happened at 5am today as I'm on night shift.....

Thank you everyone so very much. Folks I had such a bad day training, but seing this has really made me emotional and so grateful. I will do this and give my best.

Send a text to 70070 with CRMM48 in the info and £1.00 to £100.00 what ever you want to donate!!!

www.justgiving.com/fundraising/colingeorgerobson
Old 25th August 2018, 22:06   #17
Robson Rover Repair
NI/ROI RS

Quick video about tickets this week.

Anyone that wants tickets for the evening of fights on September 29th I need the cash now so I can buy them and get them to you.

I would prefer payment of £20.00 per ticket via PayPal to [and I will post it out to you.

Due to needing to sell 20 tickets minimum I need the cash or payment up front as I don't have that kinda money of £400.00 sitting about.

Tickets will be limited so don't miss the chance to seemy get my butt kicked!

https://youtu.be/EVjRntOIjLY

#mma #ultramma #fighting #amature #beginner #gettingfit #colin #robson #cancerresearch #cancer #research #hippocharged

Last edited by Robson Rover Repair; 1st July 2019 at 13:52..
Old 25th August 2018, 22:52   #18
Bogbrush82
I really should get out more.......

BMW X3 2.0D

As a twice cancer survivor, I would donate the hell out of this if I had the money, but I don't get paid 'till Wednesday.
Old 30th August 2018, 00:34   #19
Robson Rover Repair
NI/ROI RS

Right folks. Tickets for sale for my fight.

If I don't get at least 10 tickets paid for by Sunday I won't be aloud to fight and I will be put out of training.

Unfortunately those are the rules with Ultra MMA so if you want want a ticket you need to pay me before the weekend is over.

Just pm me or comment below and I will message you.
Old 30th August 2018, 22:35   #20
75v6russ
Regular poster

75 saloon

hats off to you
sadly i cant be there
£100 going your way
pm me how paypay friends, postal order ,cheque etc

good luck

russ
75v6russ is offline   Reply With Quote