Notices

Old 21st August 2017, 13:03   #132501
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
Good morning Phil, I hope you're well. Just as I'd done one lawn the rain started.
Thanks Ian, the toothache I had this weekend has now gone. For a dentist to do a home visit, the charge starts off at £100 and the practice was closed. I did brushing, flossing, Corsodyl and had anti-biotics for bad teeth. Not sure about going to the dentist as they are robbers and purveyors of pain, the mouth is feeling great again.

The hover mowers are nice and easy to use. Hopefully the weather will brighten up and you can get back out
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2017, 15:01   #132502
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Afternoon, I'm still alive! Been up and down to the Lakes, Ging wanted the girls here for a while but was finding them a handful. Don't have my laptop and hate trying to read and post on the forum using my phone! Persisted to post this.

Just as well I was here, we got some devastating news, Ging's brother and his wife were killed in a crash back in the Philippines. He had a business delivering fish, they were passengers in a small truck, driver momentarily dozed off, realised he was heading towards some pedestrians, swerved and hit a parked tipper truck at considerable speed. It was one of those small flat fronted pickup things and the passenger side took the full impact, we've seen photos, the driver's seat is the only recognisable part of the cab. The driver got away with cuts and bruises, they didn't stand a chance. They had four young kids, the youngest only eight. Its such a senseless waste I'm having a hard enough time coming to terms with it, Ging is devastated. She has spoken to the youngest a couple of times . . . . guys I don't want to ever witness a conversation like that again "Mummy Ging, I'm too young not to have a Mama and Papa".

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2017, 15:17   #132503
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post
Afternoon, I'm still alive! Been up and down to the Lakes, Ging wanted the girls here for a while but was finding them a handful. Don't have my laptop and hate trying to read and post on the forum using my phone! Persisted to post this.

Just as well I was here, we got some devastating news, Ging's brother and his wife were killed in a crash back in the Philippines. He had a business delivering fish, they were passengers in a small truck, driver momentarily dozed off, realised he was heading towards some pedestrians, swerved and hit a parked tipper truck at considerable speed. It was one of those small flat fronted pickup things and the passenger side took the full impact, we've seen photos, the driver's seat is the only recognisable part of the cab. The driver got away with cuts and bruises, they didn't stand a chance. They had four young kids, the youngest only eight. Its such a senseless waste I'm having a hard enough time coming to terms with it, Ging is devastated. She has spoken to the youngest a couple of times . . . . guys I don't want to ever witness a conversation like that again "Mummy Ging, I'm too young not to have a Mama and Papa".
Didn't you write up a couple of weeks ago Steve, that Ging is working away running a care home and your not around that much because of all of the driving or did I read that wrong?

That's terrible news about Gings brother and wife being taken like that and so tragic for the children to lose their mum and dad at such an early age. It's hard on Ging and yourself. Words are so meaningless at times like this, but we are thinking of you all and send you our condolences.
Jessica and Phil
Old 21st August 2017, 15:34   #132504
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Didn't you write up a couple of weeks ago Steve, that Ging is working away running a care home and your not around that much because of all of the driving or did I read that wrong?
That's right Phil but I'm not daft enough to keep driving up and down, not when I have free rail travel!

What hasn't helped is how Ging's sister chose to go into graphic detail about injuries etc when she told her then some cousin's wife sent photos of Doy and Ping in their coffins! I can kind of understand why she thought Ging might want to see them but . . . . well, shall we say body preparation isn't the same as here, the facial injuries were all too obvious.

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2017, 16:18   #132505
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Quote:
That's right Phil but I'm not daft enough to keep driving up and down, not when I have free rail travel!

What hasn't helped is how Ging's sister chose to go into graphic detail about injuries etc when she told her then some cousin's wife sent photos of Doy and Ping in their coffins! I can kind of understand why she thought Ging might want to see them but . . . . well, shall we say body preparation isn't the same as here, the facial injuries were all too obvious.

Sorry to hear of your terrible news Steve, That must have been a real shock, My condolences to you both.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2017, 16:47   #132506
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:

Sincere condolences to you and the family Steve,what a horrible thing for all concerned.
Old 21st August 2017, 18:27   #132507
reworht
This is my second home

Honda HR-V 1.6 i-DTEC SE Navi 5dr Diesel Hatchback

Thanked 2,156 Times in 1,497 Posts

So sorry to hear that sad news Steve, please accept Angela and I's sincere condolences.

Rodney - you plonker!
... but more commonly known as Rod !
reworht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2017, 18:44   #132508
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Quote:

Her sister probably thought that Ging would want to see and know everything. But who am I to say, as everyone handles grief differently and there are no rules to it. I expect that both of you did your best to offer as much help and support as you could, despite being so far away. A phone call like that, is something we all dread. Thank you Steve for letting us know you are okay. I am sorry for your loss.
Old 21st August 2017, 18:51   #132509
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Evening all,

So sorry to read of the tragedy in your family Steve.
Heartfelt condolences from Ros and I.
Old 22nd August 2017, 06:10   #132510
stevenicks
This is my second home

MG ZT 180 Auto / Rover 75 2.0 Diesel

Thanked 1,666 Times in 1,264 Posts

Morning everyone, the forecast is for nice weather today and the blanket of mist is slowly beginning to lift. Should be a nice day for pottering outside.... Or steak day at wetherspoons .

Steve
stevenicks is offline   Reply With Quote