Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 4th July 2009, 10:08   #51
Teflon
This is my second home

Lagoon 2.0 V6 75 Conn SE Saloon

Thanked 2,920 Times in 1,570 Posts

Finally got my install properly sorted and it works great. The only slightly strange behaviour is that if you select "disc 1" to give full controll to the Ipod, the display reverts to "Disc 1, Track 1" everytime you switch on.

What this means is that if you start listening to some tracks and get up to, say, "Disc 1 Track 8", then switch the Symphony off for any reason, when you next switch on it will recommence play back from where it left off, but will now call this "Disc 1 Track 1". Can be a little confusing, but no great problem.

I have put the Ipod in the armrest with the cable routed through the centre console:

Very pleased so far - now I've just got to reclaim the space in the glove box.

Cliff

No. 4 of 6

Last edited by Teflon; 4th July 2009 at 11:48..
Teflon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2009, 21:44   #52
David Lawrence
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT-2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teflon View Post
Finally got my install properly sorted and it works great. The only slightly strange behaviour is that if you select "disc 1" to give full controll to the Ipod, the display reverts to "Disc 1, Track 1" everytime you switch on.

What this means is that if you start listening to some tracks and get up to, say, "Disc 1 Track 8", then switch the Symphony off for any reason, when you next switch on it will recommence play back from where it left off, but will now call this "Disc 1 Track 1". Can be a little confusing, but no great problem.

I have put the Ipod in the armrest with the cable routed through the centre console:

Very pleased so far - now I've just got to reclaim the space in the glove box.

Cliff
Yes Cliff, I also found some strange issues with tracks

Also with folders

When I first set it up mine was starting to play from CD2 only. The reason turned out to be that there were some hidden folders on my memory stick which the GROM could see as empty folders.

Other problems arose when i used a mixture of track names with some starting with numbers and others starting with letters.

Finally i have found that sometimes when plugging the USB stick in, the Symphony doesnt respond to any changes until I power it down by pulling the plug at the back of the GROM.

So I'm thinking of adding a reset switch to the harness because the power seems to be permanently on the GROM.

So finally I'm pleased with it, but a bit of care with the folder naming, and also the track names will serve us well in the long term.

By the way,
I found out that you can have more than 6 folders.

If you keep using the shift button after the end of the files on CD6 it rolls over to Disk 7. Not ideal because there isnt a button for it, but I made a Folder for Christmas songs, which I dont use very much and named it 07-DISK 7

I found that the user guide advice on naming folders was poor. ~It suggested using the names "DISK 1" and so on. But i found that this did not assign DISK 1 to Button 1, because the folder name starts with a letter, so in that case it assigns the first button to the folder that was created first. And in my case I modified Folder 1, before I installed it to the car so it ended up assigned to Button 6.

So my advise is to name the folders like "01-Disk 1.....02-Disk 2"

That way they assign to the correct button

It is also best if you number all your tracks in the order you want them played also because if like me you have several tracks starting with the same digits, then the G~ROM gets a bit confused.
David Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2009, 13:43   #53
Teflon
This is my second home

Some interesting stuff there David.

Like you, I am thinking of adding a reset switch to the power lead. At the very least, it would remove any danger of battery drain if the player is left connected for a prolonged length of time.

Cliff

No. 4 of 6
Old 30th July 2010, 17:36   #54
CMWI
Loves to post

Monogram Atmosphere Kinetic ZT 180 Sport Auto

Just bought the AUX in Grom box, encountered the same problem as Teflon.
Running a wire/paper clip from the K-Bus (connector 19 of the CD changer blue ISO block) to the same point on the Grom ISO block solves the problem, works a treat.
CMWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2010, 20:33   #55
Teflon
This is my second home

Interesting. You would have thought that by now they would have sorted this.

Glad you got it resolved though, it's a good system once it's up and running.

Cliff

No. 4 of 6
Old 10th October 2011, 15:08   #56
JonMs
Avid contributor

Rover 75 CDTi Tourer

Just bought a Grom with USB, Ipod and Bluetooth and fitted it to my Symphony with Lowline Nav. It works a treat but.... I still had to do the modification with the K-bus wire. If I hadn't seen the information on this forum the unit would have had to go back. I guess they don't sell many for Rover 75s.
JonMs is offline   Reply With Quote