Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 20th December 2018, 08:46   #143591
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Morning all, it's a grey wet morning here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by w44nty View Post
Its that time of year again,Xmas shopping for mrs w44nty's prezzie:icon_questio n:

This year I am torn between a new Fishing Rod or a state of the art Fishing Reel

Hmm I wonder what she would like best or maybe the both,what I do know is, she is not fond of anything piscatorial,so she might throw them at me and then I could have them

Good idea Steve I've always found buying the missus an electric drill or a tool set, comes in handy for all those odd jobs she wants doing.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2018, 09:01   #143592
Rev Jules
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by w44nty View Post
Its that time of year again,Xmas shopping for mrs w44nty's prezzie:icon_questio n:

This year I am torn between a new Fishing Rod or a state of the art Fishing Reel

Hmm I wonder what she would like best or maybe the both,what I do know is, she is not fond of anything piscatorial,so she might throw them at me and then I could have them
Just go out and buy them, and say thank you very much for my Chrissy present,

Rev
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2018, 10:32   #143593
reworht
This is my second home

Honda HR-V 1.6 i-DTEC SE Navi 5dr Diesel Hatchback

Thanked 2,156 Times in 1,497 Posts

Morning all - apologies for my absence over the last couple of days - I've been rather preoccupied, both mentally and physically. The family illness situation with my sister hasn't improved - in fact, even after visits to her GP, the Pleural Clinic, and her Oncologist, things are on a downward path. Whilst she has been prescribed steroids to try and get some of her strength back, plus very strong painkillers, she now spends a lot of each day hooked up to her oxygen supply.
We will try and keep a cheerful mood around us over the Christmas period, but it won't be easy I fear.

A bit like w44nty, I'm now on the usual hunt for SWMBO's Christmas present. I did buy a new set of screwdrivers in Aldi the other week, and wondered whether she would appreciate her own personal set, rather than having to ask for the key to my toolbox every time she wants to borrow one of mine?
I seem to remember that she actually paid for them in the shop - so that would offer TWO benefits -
1. Her Christmas present hasn't cost me anything
2. It's a practical, useful present

I have bought her ONE gift she asked for - a decent quality MP3 player. This is mainly so that she can listen to her type of music (anything from the 70s) in the car, without having to "put up with" MY type of music (Irish Country, Country & Western - with the emphasis on Western).

Just had a brainwave - I could give her a voucher, authorising her to switch the central heating on for a maximum of 1 hour per day until the end of December (this year that is) - now that would be a really generous prezzie

Rodney - you plonker!
... but more commonly known as Rod !
reworht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2018, 11:23   #143594
Nick Greg
Posted a thing or two

Honda Insight Hybrid

I have bought my wife a Dremel kit....because she actually asked for it bless her!
Nick Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2018, 11:47   #143595
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by reworht View Post
Morning all - apologies for my absence over the last couple of days - I've been rather preoccupied, both mentally and physically. The family illness situation with my sister hasn't improved - in fact, even after visits to her GP, the Pleural Clinic, and her Oncologist, things are on a downward path. Whilst she has been prescribed steroids to try and get some of her strength back, plus very strong painkillers, she now spends a lot of each day hooked up to her oxygen supply.
We will try and keep a cheerful mood around us over the Christmas period, but it won't be easy I fear.

A bit like w44nty, I'm now on the usual hunt for SWMBO's Christmas present. I did buy a new set of screwdrivers in Aldi the other week, and wondered whether she would appreciate her own personal set, rather than having to ask for the key to my toolbox every time she wants to borrow one of mine?
I seem to remember that she actually paid for them in the shop - so that would offer TWO benefits -
1. Her Christmas present hasn't cost me anything
2. It's a practical, useful present

I have bought her ONE gift she asked for - a decent quality MP3 player. This is mainly so that she can listen to her type of music (anything from the 70s) in the car, without having to "put up with" MY type of music (Irish Country, Country & Western - with the emphasis on Western).

Just had a brainwave - I could give her a voucher, authorising her to switch the central heating on for a maximum of 1 hour per day until the end of December (this year that is) - now that would be a really generous prezzie
I know will not be easy over Christmas for you but at least your sister will not be alone.

If helpful I could send you a Jiffy bag filled with Gluten free Cornish Pasty fumes for your wife to open Xmas day, that will give her some Happy Memories of Cornwall. There would be no charge for this service.

233,431. That’s our second meet done, no.3 next weekend.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2018, 12:25   #143596
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Another 'orrible gloomy rainy day here, it's chucking it down.
Shepherds pie made for tea with buttered sprouts

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2018, 12:26   #143597
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Raining heavy here, has been for past hour, doesn't look like its going to stop soon. Forecast is for the same tomorrow morning, so its correct it means I will have to nreak up for Christmas one day early. How utterly disappointing that will be. Not!
Old 20th December 2018, 12:42   #143598
stuartm1962

MG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
Morning all, it's a grey wet morning here.

Good idea Steve I've always found buying the missus an electric drill or a tool set, comes in handy for all those odd jobs she wants doing.
My god, why haven't I thought of this before. The wife would love a new socket set and perhaps some car polish

Last edited by Reebs; 20th December 2018 at 14:33.. Reason: website link removed
stuartm1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2018, 13:14   #143599
reworht
This is my second home

Honda HR-V 1.6 i-DTEC SE Navi 5dr Diesel Hatchback

Thanked 2,156 Times in 1,497 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA View Post
I know will not be easy over Christmas for you but at least your sister will not be alone. Thanks you Bob

If helpful I could send you a Jiffy bag filled with Gluten free Cornish Pasty fumes for your wife to open Xmas day, that will give her some Happy Memories of Cornwall. There would be no charge for this service.

Thanks for the offer Bob - after my annual presentation night at the Club last night, my house is inundated with fumes today

Rodney - you plonker!
... but more commonly known as Rod !
reworht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2018, 13:43   #143600
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

We had to delay our departure. A problem with one of the 4x4’s, the Landy. Today a fuel pump had to be replaced and this evening Land Rover are visiting with a diagnostics machine. A fault with the electronics on the accelerator pedal.
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote