Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 23rd August 2015, 19:50   #31
KRISTLEE
I really should get out more.......

None at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wullie480 View Post
I think you need to put a packer along the ally bumper bar this will lift the nose of he bumper which should help.
Cheers Wullie,

I have been toying with the idea of doing something like that to see if it makes a difference. At the moment I have some rubber spacers between the bumper and slam panel around the bolt holes but as you can see they might as well not be there.

Lee.

DONE: HAD A CRAZY IDEA THAT I HAD TO GET RID OF MY MG ZTT DUE TO NOT HAVING A DRIVE AND HAVING TO PARK ON A BUSY STREET WITH A VIEW TO GETTING ANOTHER ONE AT A LATER DATE WHEN I HAVE A DRIVE.

ENDED UP REALISING IT REALLY ISN'T PRACTICAL NOT HAVING A CAR TO GET AROUND AND I NOW OWN A VW EOS 3.2 V6 INDIVIDUAL (1 OF 20 REMAINING IN THE UK WITH THAT ENGINE AND TRIM COMBO) EVEN THOUGH I STILL LIVE ON A BUSY ROAD WITHOUT A DRIVE
KRISTLEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2015, 21:19   #32
ianbstag
Loves to post

MG ZT 260 V8

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRISTLEE View Post
Biggest problem I have is I can only attach it with the four bolts along the slam panel as there is nothing else and the slots that go in the wing keep popping out unless I spend an hour trying to get something in the wheel arch holes also
Do you have the infill panel? http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-DPG000160

On mine, you sort of "stretch" the bumper over the top of this, then tighten the other bolts. It seems to lift the middle of the bumper without affecting the sides.
ianbstag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2015, 22:33   #33
KRISTLEE

None at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianbstag View Post
Do you have the infill panel? http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-DPG000160

On mine, you sort of "stretch" the bumper over the top of this, then tighten the other bolts. It seems to lift the middle of the bumper without affecting the sides.
Where does this fit?

On mine the bumper just bolts directly onto the slam panel...two bolts either side close to the top headlight bolts.

Lee.

DONE: HAD A CRAZY IDEA THAT I HAD TO GET RID OF MY MG ZTT DUE TO NOT HAVING A DRIVE AND HAVING TO PARK ON A BUSY STREET WITH A VIEW TO GETTING ANOTHER ONE AT A LATER DATE WHEN I HAVE A DRIVE.

ENDED UP REALISING IT REALLY ISN'T PRACTICAL NOT HAVING A CAR TO GET AROUND AND I NOW OWN A VW EOS 3.2 V6 INDIVIDUAL (1 OF 20 REMAINING IN THE UK WITH THAT ENGINE AND TRIM COMBO) EVEN THOUGH I STILL LIVE ON A BUSY ROAD WITHOUT A DRIVE
Old 23rd August 2015, 22:47   #34
ianbstag
Loves to post

MG ZT 260 V8

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRISTLEE View Post
Where does this fit?

On mine the bumper just bolts directly onto the slam panel...two bolts either side close to the top headlight bolts.
On the slam panel in the middle, where the normal bumper has fixings, but the premium doesn't.

It supports the top of the grill/surround. Without it, I would imagine the top would be a bit "floppy".

I'll try and get a picture for you tomorrow.

EDIT: have a look here: http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=112447

Last edited by ianbstag; 23rd August 2015 at 23:21..
ianbstag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2015, 07:12   #35
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

I have the answer to your front end woes

Just have a look HERE bud

Much better than a cracked missing bits premium bumper, and it has the fog lights and indicators too.....bonus

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2015, 07:18   #36
Scaramanga

Firefrost 75 CDTi Conn SE manual Tourer

These Halos look great!

Im gonna have to do this at some point they really look great on our cars

On my to do list for sure.

Am i right in thinking you provide a fitting service Klarzy?
3. Midnight Blue 2.5 V6 auto Saloon- 'The 5th Gear Car' - Now owned by another forum member
4. Firefrost CDTi manual Tourer
Lee

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Scaramanga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2015, 07:20   #37
KRISTLEE

None at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianbstag View Post
On the slam panel in the middle, where the normal bumper has fixings, but the premium doesn't.

It supports the top of the grill/surround. Without it, I would imagine the top would be a bit "floppy".

I'll try and get a picture for you tomorrow.

EDIT: have a look here: http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=112447
Cheers mate,

I had no idea about this, I will get one ordered up now.

I have been having a nightmare also getting get my foglights to hold in position as I mounted the bolts using a hot glue gun which is fine for a while but eventually weakens...a tin of body filler is getting bought today.

Much appreciated for the link.

Lee.

Old 24th August 2015, 07:26   #38
KRISTLEE

None at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scaramanga View Post

Am i right in thinking you provide a fitting service Klarzy?
He probably does but to be honest they come well packaged and are easy enough to fit straight from the box. Klarzy includes a comprehensive how to so you can't go wrong incorporating the halo wiring into the car...all in all start to finish 45min or so...the hardest bit is feeding the wire through the bonnet cable grommet into the cab lol.

Lee.

Old 24th August 2015, 07:34   #39
KRISTLEE

None at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
I have the answer to your front end woes

Just have a look HERE bud

Much better than a cracked missing bits premium bumper, and it has the fog lights and indicators too.....bonus

Brian
Cheers mate,

I was looking at that bumper and was very tempted just to get it and finally give up on mine but I really like the large grille appearance of the bumper I have...besides you know me I like pushing myself to the point of giving up completely then doing a 360 lol...now I have the car running I can spend a bit more time on the cosmetics and getting things looking better.

Lee.

Old 25th August 2015, 18:31   #40
KRISTLEE

None at the moment.

Default Happy Now?

Hi All,

Many thanks for the advice about attaching the bumper correctly, I received the correct attachment for my bumper from Rimmers today so now my bumper sits loads better (I know it's not perfect but it's as good as it will get and I can finally live with it...once the fogs are in place also lol)...I hope that you are happy now, I know I am lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0011.jpg (133.5 KB, 17 views)

Lee.