Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 7th December 2018, 21:36   #11
alanaslan
Gets stuck in

75 Tourer Automatic conn, 75 Saloon Automatic Conn, The Monograme Spice Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busboy View Post
Can any member recommend an LED bulb to replace both my inner sidelights and the Dipped/Main beam?
I use my car quite a lot on these Dark Mornings/evenings and find the light output somewhat lacking, the sidelights are more like candles on these cars, my car is a facelift and I am looking for a quality bulb(s) that will work with the Cambus.

I can do you a pair of side light led bulbs that are error free, fell over them yesterday in the garage drop me a PM with your address and stuff and I will stick them in the post. Sorry can’t help on the dipped beam and main beam.
I should have a set of LED main beam lamps but they would need resistors fitted to not give an error message. If I can see them in the mess that used to be my garage I will send them along with resistors with the side lamps.
If you are lucky and I find the bits that will sort out your main beam and side lamps.
I am afraid my Tourer got the dipped beam LED H7s. I have to say I did not notice a lot of difference from by discharge bulbs that I took out. Hence why I never fitted the new main beam bulbs the discharge lights are good enough.
Kind regards
Alan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
alanaslan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2018, 17:33   #12
sewerman
Gets stuck in

MG ZT+ CDTi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullnose75 View Post
I used these switchback DRL's mate. Am well happy with them so far. I cut and lengthened the wiring (soldered and heat shrink tubing) between the LED's and their gold resistors so I could fix the resistors more securely to metal framework of the Rover and not leave them dangling about in mid air.
Then wired the DRL's up via a five pole changeover relay so that they are on whenever ignition is in the run position (ignition feed to relay from fusebox in car behind glovebox) Then spliced a wire into sidelight wiring to run to relay to trip relay and turn off DRL's whenever sidelights come on. Think I wired the relay 85 to Earth. 30 to Ignition live. 87a to DRL's. So DRL's are on whenever ignition is on/engine running.
And 86 to sidelight feed to trip relay and turn DRL's off whenever sidelights or sidelights and headlights are on.
Paul
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-PY21W-...72.m2749.l2649
Thanks Paul
I understand the relay to turn the drls off when sidelights are on

Now stupid question time I can't make out from the Web if when the drls are on and you indicate do the drls flash on and off alternately to the indicators or is there a delay in the system so the drls stay off until the indicators stop ?

Cheers Scott
sewerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2018, 17:38   #13
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewerman View Post
Thanks Paul

Now stupid question time I can't make out from the Web if when the drls are on and you indicate do the drls flash on and off alternately to the indicators or is there a delay in the system so the drls stay off until the indicators stop ?

Cheers Scott
The orange light replaces the white light as the indicator flashes, then reverts back to white. HTH's
suzublu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2018, 20:04   #14
Bullnose75
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Tourer 2.0 V6 LPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewerman View Post
Thanks Paul

Cheers Scott
Yep,they work like those you see on more modern/newer cars mate.
Ie - when you turn indicator on with DRL's on the white DRL led on that side goes out and the amber Led one flashes, White DRL led on that side comes back on when indicator goes off (switchback LED's)
Amber indicator LED's work as normal when sidelights/headlights are on (DRL's off)
Bullnose75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2018, 21:37   #15
sewerman
Gets stuck in

MG ZT+ CDTi

Quote:
Yep,they work like those you see on more modern/newer cars mate.
Ie - when you turn indicator on with DRL's on the white DRL led on that side goes out and the amber Led one flashes, White DRL led on that side comes back on when indicator goes off (switchback LED's)
Amber indicator LED's work as normal when sidelights/headlights are on (DRL's off)

Cheers will look in to it as i think they'll look good on a zt mk1 bumper
sewerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2022, 20:53   #16
maciejk
Avid contributor

99 Rover 75 CDT

hey guys, i wanted to replace my standard positioning lightbulbs and get some W5W LEDs , do they have to be cambus or not? will they throw out a missing lightbulb code?
Old 14th November 2022, 08:02   #17
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciejk View Post
hey guys, i wanted to replace my standard positioning lightbulbs and get some W5W LEDs , do they have to be cambus or not? will they throw out a missing lightbulb code?
You need canbus led bulbs for the sidelights 😎

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk
suzublu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2022, 06:35   #18
choice.locks

Rover 75 connoisseur

Default Headlight bulb led replacement

To replace the projector bulbs H7 type on a facelift d ti 75.These from Amazon uk worked for me (Teguangmei 2Pcs H7 55w HID Xenon Conversion Kit 6000K Headlight Bulbs + Two Slim HID Ballast 12V )I cut the 2 wires coming from headlamp bulb and cut and attached the 2 spade terminals to these using wago connectors. I then put the ballast and cam bus converters into the bottom of headlamp shell and replaced rubber cap. I have had no car flash me when using and the easier on the eyes white light lights up the same distance on dipped as main beam. If my garage raises any objections on mot I can swap back in the h7 bulbs instead.
choice.locks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2024, 21:43   #19
goltho
Can't help myself

Rover 75 CDTi 2005

Quote:
I used these switchback DRL's mate. Am well happy with them so far. I cut and lengthened the wiring (soldered and heat shrink tubing) between the LED's and their gold resistors so I could fix the resistors more securely to metal framework of the Rover and not leave them dangling about in mid air.
Then wired the DRL's up via a five pole changeover relay so that they are on whenever ignition is in the run position (ignition feed to relay from fusebox in car behind glovebox) Then spliced a wire into sidelight wiring to run to relay to trip relay and turn off DRL's whenever sidelights come on. Think I wired the relay 85 to Earth. 30 to Ignition live. 87a to DRL's. So DRL's are on whenever ignition is on/engine running.
And 86 to sidelight feed to trip relay and turn DRL's off whenever sidelights or sidelights and headlights are on.
Paul
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-PY21W-...72.m2749.l2649
So here we are just over 5 years since you posted this, and I've just completed my installation earlier today. They went in a treat, plus I fitted two new clear indicator lenses as the old ones were minging & half-full of water. The sidelight cut-out feature with the relay is pretty smart. I piggy-backed off fuse 4 in the engine compartment so they're powered by the ignition. So thanks for putting this up.

Dougie.
• Built 08/02/2005 @14:57 hrs: Registered 26/08/2005
• 122nd of 141 built that day
• British Racing Green Pearlescent (HFF)
• Sandstone leather with black piping (SPJ)
• 137,000 miles
goltho is offline   Reply With Quote