Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > News Bulletins > Discussion
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 31st January 2018, 12:54   #10
rustymotor
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Tourer

I can remember a time when it was very difficult to trade in Europe, if we ever took a machine over for demo we had to use a Carnet document which covered duty free import/export in to each country you passed through. Also, each and every country was using it's own currency another head ache. We dealt with an Italian company in euros long before it was in regular use.

Trade within the EU had become so much easier than it was before, even so you had to declare sold goods to VAT using form VAT 101 and include the EU companies VAT number and sales amount and send in to HMRC. I recall being fined for late filing due to waiting for their VAT number, in the end one VAT man told me, just send the form even the info is missing to avoid the fine.

Then we had BS and ISO, we had to ensure equipment met with the ISO standards also had a cost to doing that, often found our standard was higher than the ISO standard.

There has been a whole lot of benefit to UK business being a member and I assume many fear what might happen on exit, it does appear to me that there is no credible plan to put peoples minds at rest, much in the same way there was no clear directive which the electorate could base a good decision on prior to the referendum.

Last edited by rustymotor; 31st January 2018 at 12:56..