Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 22nd January 2011, 16:26   #1
DGOODY13
Regular poster

ROVER 75 TOURER CONNY SE CDTTI

Default Why is it always the b......m.......w.....

I do 500 miles plus in a 4 day working week and see many different situations of utter stupidity on our roads what surprises me is that 90% of these idiots drive bmws What is it with them when they drive right up your backside when theres a juggernaut infront and nowhere for you or him to go until said vehicle moves!or just to get ahead as your pulling up to a roundabout, cut you up so they can get away first only for you to find some minutes later at the next junction here is mr bmw who got miles ahead of you or like in my village papworth everard where there are many traffic calming areas due to a hospital and school why does mr bmw try to get through and in doing so make you go up the kerb and you had right of way.Anyone else suffered under mr bmw? great diesel engines but not so great drivers!
DGOODY13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2011, 16:32   #2
BeeJay55
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Tourer, Connoisseur SE

. . . and don't get me started on why BMW dealers sell cars with indicators as being an optional extra !
Old 22nd January 2011, 16:49   #3
MangoMan
This is my second home

Looking....

Thanked 1,111 Times in 868 Posts

I know what you mean about Beemer drivers, but personally I think they are being replaced by Audi Drivers........
Old 22nd January 2011, 17:05   #4
J1MBO
This is my second home

Roverless & now carless

Thanked 2,428 Times in 1,301 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MangoMan View Post
I know what you mean about Beemer drivers, but personally I think they are being replaced by Audi Drivers........
Agree with you there Bill, now they seem to drive A3's.
J1MBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2011, 17:10   #5
MangoMan
This is my second home

Looking....

Thanked 1,111 Times in 868 Posts

DRIVE?! That's being complimentary......... lol.
Old 22nd January 2011, 17:12   #6
Tatts
This is my second home

MG6 TL

Not all B*W drivers are bad, but I agree with your sentiments! Yes, add Audi to the list too.

Whilst we're having a moan, I'd like to add 4X4/SUV/Crossover/Chelsea Tractors to the list. Some of the antics I witnessed during the bad weather recently was at best, dangerous. Thanks to a Range Rover I encountered on the A9 almost resulted in me going off the road due to his impatience.
Tatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2011, 17:15   #7
Yella Fella
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

None at the moment

Thanked 1,094 Times in 666 Posts

BMW drivers are rude, aggressive and prone to road rage: poll says . . .

http://topnews.co.uk/24681-bmw-drive...rage-poll-says

You have possibly read this before, but its worringly true!
A day from the diary of a BMW driver...

"The other day I was cruising along as usual coming onto one of my motorways, which was very busy with inferior cars.

First off, I couldn't believe that the volume of traffic DIDN'T slow down for me AT ALL as I came off the slip road! I had to squeeze into a barely big enough gap between two cars in order to get onto my motorway!

The driver of the car behind me did realise his mistake though and honked an apology to me with a long blast of his horn.

Unbelievably, I had to do the same again before I could get to the BMW lane.Anyway, once I was in the BMW lane and posing along at 110 mph enjoying the adulation that the inferior car drivers were giving me, I noticed an inferior car ahead of me which was not only in the BMW lane of my motorway, but was driving at a ridiculous 70 mph!Naturally, I got within a foot or so of his rear bumper and flashed my headlights to remind him he shouldn't be in the BMW lane of my motorway and to get out of my way.

Of course, once he realised it was a BMW behind him, he did just that, but I could hardly believe it when he pulled straight back out behind me!He also tried to keep up with me and when he realised I would out-run him, he put on some blue lights in his front grill and urged me to get onto the hard shoulder so that he could congratulate me on my excellent car.Needless to say, I was eager to oblige and when we had stopped, the man gave me a piece of paper confirming what I already knew - that my car goes fast!

Apparently he wants everyone to know what a superior car I have, so I had to take my drivers licence to a police station to be sent away to have some points put on! (They're not free points either - they're £20 each and I was only allowed 3.) But the man at the police station said that because I drive a BMW, it won't be much longer before I earn the full 12 points, and then I won't even NEED a driving licence, so they will take it off me!

See, now THAT'S the sort of respect you get when you own and drive a BMW!

Last edited by Yella Fella; 22nd January 2011 at 17:18..
Yella Fella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2011, 17:16   #8
Typhoon190
This is my second home

MG ZT-T 190 Monogram Typhoon

Just had this a matter of minutes ago. BMW 1 series behind, right on my rear bumper, till I decided otherwise. Bless him, he tried.
Typhoon190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2011, 17:16   #9
J1MBO
This is my second home

Roverless & now carless

Quote:
Originally Posted by MangoMan View Post
DRIVE?! That's being complimentary......... lol.
Maybe I should have said point, normally at my pride and joy and then get very confused at the turn of speed from a Rover - shock horror lol
Old 22nd January 2011, 17:18   #10
J1MBO
This is my second home

Roverless & now carless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhoon190 View Post
Just had this a matter of minutes ago. BMW 1 series behind, right on my rear bumper, till I decided otherwise. Bless him, he tried.
I know, I know they are very trying! and remember they also think it's FWD lol.