Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 30th August 2010, 11:05   #31
Pumpwater
Loves to post

Rover 75 CDTi Firefrost Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roverowner View Post
Don´t think the tourer is a harder ride than the saloon
Mine is, I swapped a mk1 saloon for my tourer, the mk1 was by far the better car (regrets! regrets!)
Pumpwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2010, 11:11   #32
muey
Loves to post

75 connoiseur se hi-line tourer cdt

Hi all, all i can say is don't get mum in laws in the back. Thier stilltto things are a sure fire door skirt remover ! And park well away from the biggest car park you can find, she can dink a door from 100 yards away ! (we go in Joanna's 307) I like her really .
muey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2010, 21:40   #33
Hattman
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Tourer

Hi, we have the tourer. I'm a single dad of one, so accept your situation is very different to mine.

However, if you want to move people and kit around in comfort, with diesel economy, you just can't beat the mighty tourer. We have travelled the UK from top to bottom, and enjoyed lots of what france has to offer, next year we plan on Italy.

Easy to drive, easy to park, cheap to run and so so practical....

Good luck with whatever you decide on....
Hattman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2010, 08:11   #34
pipenslippers
Avid contributor

MG ZT-T 260 SE

If you can get the Tourer MK1. Its the reason I got one. Plenty of room for kids in the back ! By estate car standards (and Saloons) its one of the finest looking specimens on the road.

P

One Kid + one "on the way"

Last edited by pipenslippers; 31st August 2010 at 08:16..
pipenslippers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2010, 20:20   #35
Paul_1978
Avid contributor

Rover 216 SLi (1995 R8)

Thanks again for all the replies. I've had all on talking the missus into getting the saloon. She is already worried about parking it etc. I don't think a Rover 75 is a lady's car, but she has acknowledged we need a bigger motor than what we have now, and we don't want a people carrier!

I've been and looked at a couple of 75s and I reckon the boot in the saloon is bigger than my SEi hatch.

Also, the seats still go down in the 75 too don't they?

We looked at baby seats this weekend and found the narrowest toddler seat to be 16" wide. My oldest will be able to go in that.

It will only be a squeeze whilst all 5 of us are in the car, but if it's one adult and the three kids, one of the car seats will be able to go in the front I guess.

A neighbour has got a Rover 75 and has agreed to let me try our car seats in it and we can then see how much room there is for a third.....

I'm determined to sort it one way or another because I've got my heart on a 75, and as a Rover driver now I want to stick with a Rover becuase I've always likes them. Other cars really don't do it for me.
Paul_1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2010, 08:57   #36
Roverowner
Retired

CDTi Tourer 2005

The biggest problem will be when you all use the car. That means 2 kids and an adult in the back. It should work but as I said will be a bit tight. Don´t forget to -disarm- the passenger airbag though
Roverowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2010, 12:06   #37
EnEnGee
Posted a thing or two

CDT Tourer (SORN) & 2.0 V6 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_1978 View Post
Thanks again for all the replies. I've had all on talking the missus into getting the saloon. She is already worried about parking it etc. I don't think a Rover 75 is a lady's car, but she has acknowledged we need a bigger motor than what we have now, and we don't want a people carrier!
My wife loves the 75, so much that now we have another one!

We had a 214SLi when our daughter was born, and it was a bit of a squeeze getting everything in. After deciding we needed a larger car, we looked at a few peope carriers (Galaxy, Zafira, etc), which were roomy but they didn't inspire. We took a chance on a 75 tourer around 6 weeks after the collapse of the company. We haven't looked back, although we only have the one daughter who is out of car seats now and only uses a booster cushion. Iwould think with three kids, the back of the 75 will be a bit cosy. The tourer (or ZT-T if MG is your thing) is a flatter rear seat than in the saloon, which are a bit more sculpted, so that might be more your thing, if child seats are going in.

Good Luck.
EnEnGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2010, 12:22   #38
MN190
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT 190+

Have a ZT and there are 2 adults and 3 kids, now aged 15, 13 & 11.
The eldest being bigger than my wife at 5ft 9" and yes its a tight squeeze but no more so than other cars in the same class.
I could never find anything other than a people carrier that could take more than 2 kids seats in the back at the same time. So we used to end up with one in the front and two in the back with my wife.
The downside on the people carriers is if you use all the seats then there is no room for any luggage.

Last edited by MN190; 6th September 2010 at 17:58..
MN190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2010, 13:41   #39
AndyV
Avid contributor

Rover 75 1.8T Connoisseur SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_1978 View Post
Also, the seats still go down in the 75 too don't they?
To answer this - Yes, the rear seat back does fold down, but its one piece, not split. The seat base is fixed. Also some of the lower spec cars don't have this feature, so do check for this when viewing cars. The tell-tale sign is the big red rectangular push-buttons next to the headrests. Some cars also have a fold-down hatch in the middle, for carrying skis I believe! I find the folding seat back gives enough room to carry quite large bits of wood, pipes etc. - naturally wrapped in a blanket so as not to damage the leather!
AndyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2010, 13:51   #40
kevin
I really should get out more.......

ford focus ghia

having had both tourer and saloon, I would go for a tourer if I had 3 kids. more room for all the bits you need to take when going away.
but now my kids are working man, a saloon is all I need.
kevin is offline   Reply With Quote