Notices

Old 28th April 2020, 19:31   #11
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briodyjl01 View Post
The provisional calendar for the BTCC has been released ! Lets go RACING!!!!
Not happy for me.......Tickets and Hotel booked for Croft this year. Now moved from August to October which we can't do.

Was due to meet up with friends on here as well......Hopefully will be able to transfer our hotel booking and race tickets to next year instead.
Old 28th April 2020, 20:48   #12
Briodyjl01
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer, Rover 75 Saloon

Croft is my normal visit. I have tickets ect for it too. Fortunately we can get there without staying anywhere. If you managed to go this year I’ll see you there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat View Post
Not happy for me.......Tickets and Hotel booked for Croft this year. Now moved from August to October which we can't do.

Was due to meet up with friends on here as well......Hopefully will be able to transfer our hotel booking and race tickets to next year instead.
Old 28th April 2020, 20:50   #13
Briodyjl01
Gets stuck in

In the toca package with the support races there some pretty good racing. The best action for me has to be ginetta juniors. That is wheel to wheel good racing and then at the end of the day you have to remember how old they are. I’ve seen better driving in that than the actual btcc. Plus one of the drivers who race in that now races in F1

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
For me the best racing is Rally and motorcycling. The control over vehicle is just that more special and in the event of Isle of Man TT, they know there is no run off area, Rallying as with IoM TT, to go flat out around a blind bend or big jump is not only skill but nerves of steal.

macafee2
Old 28th April 2020, 21:12   #14
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briodyjl01 View Post
Croft is my normal visit. I have tickets ect for it too. Fortunately we can get there without staying anywhere. If you managed to go this year I’ll see you there!
Our local circuits are Snetterton and Brands Hatch which we usually visit one or the other every year.
Our special Jolly is usually to Knockhill but this year we thought we would do Croft for a change.
Looking unlikely that October would be doable for us .
Hope that we can defer our tickets and hotel for next year, although that will mean missing out on Knockhill!

Far worse problems to be had at the moment though.

Enjoy it this year and if our situation changes and we can make it, I’ll post up here.
Old 28th April 2020, 22:02   #15
Briodyjl01
Gets stuck in

I’ve been to brand a few times. That’s my dads favourite circuit when he was a child he grew up not that far from brand and could hear v12 stock cars every Sunday morning. I’m from Yorkshire but my family are from Kent. As a treat when we was down last seeing family I happened to fall over the weekend of the last race where dan hung it up on the fence. What a day that was! Title contender on the fence and clips on their roof in their last race what else could a btcc fan want. A mix of sun and rain.

The light was fading and stood by the bridge on the long straight watching the cars thunder past under the bridge and into the distance. The hearing about dan....a fellow Yorkshireman (from Morley in leeds/ 10 minutes from where I grew up in Beeston).

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat View Post
Our local circuits are Snetterton and Brands Hatch which we usually visit one or the other every year.
Our special Jolly is usually to Knockhill but this year we thought we would do Croft for a change.
Looking unlikely that October would be doable for us .
Hope that we can defer our tickets and hotel for next year, although that will mean missing out on Knockhill!

Far worse problems to be had at the moment though.

Enjoy it this year and if our situation changes and we can make it, I’ll post up here.