Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 22nd February 2020, 20:58   #10851
Mark Murphy
Regular poster

Rover 75, and Mg zt 1.8T

I used my original injectors, no stressing of wires or modification, except the map sensor hole, i had to enlarge it. This manifold is an early one with vcc on it.
Mark Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2020, 21:02   #10852
Mark Murphy
Regular poster

Rover 75, and Mg zt 1.8T

Quote:
Originally Posted by clf View Post
could it have been the seal that was going wrong or some other air leak?
No, because i have just renewed the head gasket, i noticed t is a smaller hole for the coolant in the plastic manifold
Old 22nd February 2020, 21:18   #10853
Rich in Vancouver
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
Emptied my tools out of the ZT, and filled it to the brim with all manner of stuff, door cards, a couple of wings, two dozen IPK dial faces, a box of LSM, a box of diesel ECM, a couple of V6 bits, a pair of powerfolds with switch packs and looms, and a complete saloon Harmon Kardon setup and other stuff I no longer need or want, then drove to the tip.

On my return I have started to strip my shed out of the Marina hoard, the scrapman has just taken three A series engines, six steering racks, three propshafts, two type 65 Borg Warner gearboxes, and five brand new exhaust systems, along with two new fuel tanks, and a couple of new wings.

I bet the weigh in won't know how rare or indeed what these parts are worth, I'm not bothered, there will be two K series engines out there tomorrow, and a Torsen PG1 gearbox along with three R65U.

Next week I'm dragging the cars off the front, and down to the scrapyard, my wife deserves better, and I'm going to give it to her .

Brian

You cannot take this stuff to the grave, it doesn't make you feel better hoarding stuff, it doesn't matter how rare or valuable
I see your side of it, but living in a place with absolutely NO 75/ZT parts available reading about the powerfold bits being scrapped made me feel a little bit ill. And, having just rebuilt a PG1 (Which I would have loved to put an LSD diff in) well, just Darn!
Old 22nd February 2020, 21:20   #10854
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Murphy View Post
No, because i have just renewed the head gasket, i noticed t is a smaller hole for the coolant in the plastic manifold
what I meant was that if you had a failed or failing IMG, or it was leaking air, by replacing the manifold, you will have cured the fault, rather than the VVC manifold producing a better idle.

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2020, 08:26   #10855
Dawn
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT 180+ auto

Thanked 1,128 Times in 504 Posts

Quote:
Emptied my tools out of the ZT, and filled it to the brim with all manner of stuff, door cards, a couple of wings, two dozen IPK dial faces, a box of LSM, a box of diesel ECM, a couple of V6 bits, a pair of powerfolds with switch packs and looms, and a complete saloon Harmon Kardon setup and other stuff I no longer need or want, then drove to the tip.

On my return I have started to strip my shed out of the Marina hoard, the scrapman has just taken three A series engines, six steering racks, three propshafts, two type 65 Borg Warner gearboxes, and five brand new exhaust systems, along with two new fuel tanks, and a couple of new wings.

I bet the weigh in won't know how rare or indeed what these parts are worth, I'm not bothered, there will be two K series engines out there tomorrow, and a Torsen PG1 gearbox along with three R65U.

Next week I'm dragging the cars off the front, and down to the scrapyard, my wife deserves better, and I'm going to give it to her .

Brian

You cannot take this stuff to the grave, it doesn't make you feel better hoarding stuff, it doesn't matter how rare or valuable
Oh Brian I would have paid for powerfolds!
Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2020, 10:23   #10856
Mark Murphy
Regular poster

Rover 75, and Mg zt 1.8T

Quote:
Originally Posted by clf View Post
what I meant was that if you had a failed or failing IMG, or it was leaking air, by replacing the manifold, you will have cured the fault, rather than the VVC manifold producing a better idle.
The manifold gasket had already been replaced, i think maybe it was leaking, misshapen over time maybe.
Old 23rd February 2020, 10:53   #10857
squire
Posted a thing or two

MGB GT, 2 Morris Minor Travellers

Red face

Quote:

Brian

Oh Brian, if only I'd known and loved nearer I'd certainly relieved you of some of your spare, especially the A series engines . However, I can understand your philosophy, at the moment my wife kind of understands why get spares when I can if I have the spare cash, lol.
squire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2020, 16:07   #10858
sewerman
Gets stuck in

MG ZT+ CDTi

gave up trying to remove the rear flexi pipe on the caliper despite using the proper flange spanner curtousy of Arctic couldn't release the flexi to solid pipe so put a call in to the mechanic .

Then washed the ZT as it look like I'll be driving it for a few days more .
sewerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2020, 18:50   #10859
Saga Lout
This is my second home

MG ZT and Rover 75,

Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,037 Posts
Default Hello.

Quote:

Brian

I hope you're OK, this has the feel of a man facing a firing squad.
Saga Lout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2020, 05:34   #10860
alanaslan
Gets stuck in

75 Tourer Automatic conn, 75 Saloon Automatic Conn, The Monograme Spice Tourer

Today the spice got her front wheels changed to ones with winter tyres on them so that is a pair of Crown 15" wheel with 195 winterhawk tyres on them. Also the blye box with the snow chains are now in the back.
All being well that should keep the snow away.
Alan
alanaslan is offline   Reply With Quote