Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 2nd January 2011, 18:44   #1
steve811
Banned

Rover 75 Tourer CDT Connoisseur SE

Default New 75!

Just to say hi and post a few questions about my nice new 75. Last week I sold my old 600 (on Christmas day!) and on Wednesday picked up a CDTI Club SE with 80K on the clock on 02 plate. Having looked on the forum I am convinced that sticking with Rover was a good choice, going to diesel was a good move and I am already pleased with the car. However, as usual with all secondhand cars it is not until you dig deeper that you find the snags!

First one is the usual, both front door locks are playing up! The drivers will not unlock from the remote or the inside (cable is connected and works) and the passengers will not unlock from the remote. I have ordered a new lock unit from Ebay as I could not get the old one to work, hopefully that will cure the drivers. The question is, can these things be repaired? I could not see any way to get into the mechanism, and if I could I would have to see if I could repair it. I do have some mechanical aptitude having been an aircraft engineer when I used to work for a living, but as a civil servant I don't get my hands dirty these days unless it is for myself!

The second thing is a bit stranger! I went out today and bout some wood flooring packs, they only just fitted in the boot, and I went to drop the rear seats to give me more room to slide them in. To my surprise the seats appear to be fixed, no mechanism to drop them, and they are not split 60/40. The manual does not say whether this was an option or if the fixed rear was standard and a hinged rear was an optional extra.

Last but no least is the standard (Harmony I think) radio. As I understand it the aerial is the rear screen heater. Here in South Wales The radio is a bit hit and miss reception wise and I wondered if a better aerial would improve things? I also fidn the sound very flat and lacking bass and coloratura . Is there a better alternative? I don't mind changing it but do want to keep the nice lines of the dash.
steve811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2011, 18:57   #2
chrissyboy
This is my second home

lovely little ford focus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve811 View Post
Just to say hi and post a few questions about my nice new 75. Last week I sold my old 600 (on Christmas day!) and on Wednesday picked up a CDTI Club SE with 80K on the clock on 02 plate. Having looked on the forum I am convinced that sticking with Rover was a good choice, going to diesel was a good move and I am already pleased with the car. However, as usual with all secondhand cars it is not until you dig deeper that you find the snags!

First one is the usual, both front door locks are playing up! The drivers will not unlock from the remote or the inside (cable is connected and works) and the passengers will not unlock from the remote. I have ordered a new lock unit from Ebay as I could not get the old one to work, hopefully that will cure the drivers. The question is, can these things be repaired? I could not see any way to get into the mechanism, and if I could I would have to see if I could repair it. I do have some mechanical aptitude having been an aircraft engineer when I used to work for a living, but as a civil servant I don't get my hands dirty these days unless it is for myself!

The second thing is a bit stranger! I went out today and bout some wood flooring packs, they only just fitted in the boot, and I went to drop the rear seats to give me more room to slide them in. To my surprise the seats appear to be fixed, no mechanism to drop them, and they are not split 60/40. The manual does not say whether this was an option or if the fixed rear was standard and a hinged rear was an optional extra.

Last but no least is the standard (Harmony I think) radio. As I understand it the aerial is the rear screen heater. Here in South Wales The radio is a bit hit and miss reception wise and I wondered if a better aerial would improve things? I also fidn the sound very flat and lacking bass and coloratura . Is there a better alternative? I don't mind changing it but do want to keep the nice lines of the dash.
hi and welcome to the club .. re the door locks when they play up is a new solinoid that is needed ,but it is fitted in the lock so its new locks your need ,, the seats i think was an option ,but im sure someone will know for sure .. the radio the next one up is a better unit called the symphony ,,,, got a better bassy sound to it .... as for the aerial id have a look t see it aint come loose from the radio ,never normally get a problem with them... im sure someone will be along to advise you 100% re the seats ....
Old 2nd January 2011, 19:10   #3
steve811
Banned

Default Thanks.

Many thanks, have not got any pics of the car but if anyones interested it is Ebay item 330511429460. The seats threw me, never had a car where the back seats don't fold!
Old 2nd January 2011, 19:15   #4
2Diesels
Trader

ZT 260SE, Connoisseur CDT

The back seats either have a push button at each end on the top or if not there should be hidden straps which I believe are accessed from the boot
2Diesels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2011, 19:28   #5
steve811
Banned

Couldn't see any straps nor buttons, will have a proper look tomorrow if it is dry!
Old 2nd January 2011, 19:35   #6
BIG LEK
Banned

Rover 75

just checked mine there should be a red slider on the middle part of the seat when you look in through the boot that drop's the middle part,and inside the car were the rear seat belt come's over the top corner of the seat there should be a button that presses down to drop that part and the same on the other side

Last edited by BIG LEK; 2nd January 2011 at 19:43..
BIG LEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2011, 19:52   #7
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

HI Steve811
Welcome to the site and the 75 here is a link to your car i can load two pics for you if you want, and a link to a nice set of leather seats cream with piping. Arctic
http://tinyurl.com/23uxcwx

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2011, 20:25   #8
steve811
Banned

Thanks Big Lek, and Artic. One of the reasons I did not want leather seats is that I had them on the 600. In the winter they were ****** cold and in summer I stuck to them! I also wanted dark colour seats as I sometimes wear mucky clothing, and no matter how hard I try I get something on the seats or carpets! And I have kids, nuff said!
Old 2nd January 2011, 21:17   #9
Brush 1
Passed Away

rover 75 club se

if u check between the seat back and bottom of seat their should be a webbing strap at either side, pull that and it unlocks seat back, be careful of the hinge tho if not alined properly the seat wont lock when up. i,m sure there a few threads on here bout that problem
Brush 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2011, 00:42   #10
Reebs
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 Conn SE V6 / MG ZT 260 SE V8 / MG ZT 180 SE V6

Thanked 6,851 Times in 2,537 Posts

I can confirm that for your year of car, only the Connoisseur SE model had the one piece folding rear seat with load through facility, so your Club SE won't have the two release buttons either end of the rear seat back. But as has been said already have a look for the straps underneath.
Reebs is offline   Reply With Quote