Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Double Din Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 23rd July 2014, 14:00   #1
Geraint
Regular poster

Rover 75 CDTi Manual

Default Head Unit problem

Hi all

My head unit failed to load and after many tries and took it to Jeff in Clacton by appointment. Within 30 mins all solved and now working fine - Jeff is an old fashion type craftsman that used to be everywhere, but unfortunately are now far and few between (anyone tried PC World with a computer problem).

Through the forum - thanks again Jeff for your service and welcome.

On a side note, the journey, with a few short runs afterwards in London, was 226 miles, mostly on cruise control at 70 & 50 mph (speed restrictions on the M25) and filled up to day with 21.61 litres - very pleasing for cdti manual

Geraint
Geraint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2014, 14:03   #2
doopydug
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

What was the problem ?
doopydug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2014, 14:14   #3
Geraint
Regular poster

Rover 75 CDTi Manual

Default Head Unit

Just stuck on Android flashing and that was it - this was after the ignition was turned off and on without the unit closing down -stalled in traffic and slight panic moment.

I tried to load the software but no go. May have been that's the the software which I loaded onto an sd card was in a file and not the root system on the card - please do not ask me to explain that it what Jeff said, but even so Jeff's fingers were to quick for me to follow as he re-installed the system.

When I left him he had doubled checked all was fine and due to time constraints I refitted the unit myself the next day - pictures taken on my iPad to ensure all was the same as original.

Geraint
Geraint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2014, 14:45   #4
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geraint View Post
Hi all

My head unit failed to load and after many tries and took it to Jeff in Clacton by appointment. Within 30 mins all solved and now working fine - Jeff is an old fashion type craftsman that used to be everywhere, but unfortunately are now far and few between (anyone tried PC World with a computer problem).

Through the forum - thanks again Jeff for your service and welcome.

On a side note, the journey, with a few short runs afterwards in London, was 226 miles, mostly on cruise control at 70 & 50 mph (speed restrictions on the M25) and filled up to day with 21.61 litres - very pleasing for cdti manual

Geraint
Your more than welcome Sir, was a pleasure meeting you