Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Events and Meets
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 18th July 2013, 22:28   #1
paul d
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon & Saab 93 'vert

Default Meets status

Could someone please explain to me what exactly constitutes an official club meet.

Regards

Paul
Old 18th July 2013, 23:13   #2
Dragrad
This is my second home

None * DROWNED

Thanked 1,664 Times in 1,081 Posts

An explanation is here

Basically the only "official" Club Meets are the Nationals held twice a year around the country, and all the criteria of the Insurance is met. There are other restrictions as to the number of meets allowed under the Insurance criteria, which does limit the amount of "official" meets that are allowed under the policy. This is why the Club cannot "endorse" more meets as being "official". And hence the need for the disclaimer as per the link above, to any other meet organised by members, be they Regional Secretaries or ordinary members Not the best scenario, but is the reality of life and one we have to live with

I hope that this goes someway in answering your question

Andrew
Ich Dien
Problem solving is... lateral thinking

SEARCH FIRST ...ASK LATER...

Dragrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2013, 00:01   #3
Ian G
This is my second home

Small

Thanked 2,991 Times in 1,431 Posts

Of course being non official also means that the club doesn't have to supply the RSs with any support..
Cheers Ian
Old 19th July 2013, 00:18   #4
Dragrad
This is my second home

None * DROWNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfive View Post
Of course being non official also means that the club doesn't have to supply the RSs with any support..
Cheers Ian
Admittedly, Not a situation we are 'happy' with, but discussion threads are available to see the history

However the Club has provided some support in the past with use of Club materials etc. You only need to ask... We do what we can.....

Andrew
Ich Dien

Old 19th July 2013, 05:30   #5
paul d
Posted a thing or two

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragrad View Post
An explanation is here

Basically the only "official" Club Meets are the Nationals held twice a year around the country, and all the criteria of the Insurance is met. There are other restrictions as to the number of meets allowed under the Insurance criteria, which does limit the amount of "official" meets that are allowed under the policy. This is why the Club cannot "endorse" more meets as being "official". And hence the need for the disclaimer as per the link above, to any other meet organised by members, be they Regional Secretaries or ordinary members Not the best scenario, but is the reality of life and one we have to live with

I hope that this goes someway in answering your question
Thanks for that

Does explain somewhat. Just think it's odd that that we have RS's that apear to be "official" but nothing they can organise is! & possibly why not a lot goes on in some areas, as it is as i know from personal experiance a minefield (getting the right insurance for the right thing) Also it can be costly & not exacty fair on organisers if they end up out of pocket due to small turnouts for some meets if you try to spread the cost around the attending members.

Could it be possible to review this situation as it may mean more meets in "quiet" areas & more people willing to help out Or attend.

Just observations & sugestions, not critisism. Moving forward can only be benificial IMVHO

Regards

Paul
Old 20th July 2013, 22:46   #6
Dragrad
This is my second home

None * DROWNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul d View Post
Thanks for that

Does explain somewhat. Just think it's odd that that we have RS's that apear to be "official" but nothing they can organise is! & possibly why not a lot goes on in some areas, as it is as i know from personal experiance a minefield (getting the right insurance for the right thing) Also it can be costly & not exacty fair on organisers if they end up out of pocket due to small turnouts for some meets if you try to spread the cost around the attending members.

Could it be possible to review this situation as it may mean more meets in "quiet" areas & more people willing to help out Or attend.

Just observations & sugestions, not critisism. Moving forward can only be benificial IMVHO

Regards

Paul
Ideas for moving forward are always welcome However Insurance costs are something else For example, I have been effectively running a one day event for the last 15 years in my home town...... A food festival, stalls and people selling their wares in a car park, Insurance cost for the day £890.00 Astounding, as all risk assessments have been done, and measures set in place to lower any risk factor to practically zero. In 15 years, we've had one bee-sting I know not the same as a local RS meet would be, but the risk assessments are not that far off.... People and cars .... risk of death by being run over etc.... and as for "official" nano meets I'd hate to think what the premiums would be ....

However I will raise the issue again with the Team and see what can be done

Andrew
Ich Dien

Last edited by Dragrad; 24th July 2013 at 00:12.. Reason: typo
Old 21st July 2013, 04:40   #7
paul d
Posted a thing or two

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragrad View Post
Ideas for moving forward are always welcome However Insurance costs are something else For example, I have been effectively running a one day event for the last 15 years in my home town...... A food festival, stalls and people selling their wares in a car park, Insurance cost for the day £890.00 Astounding, as all risk assessments have been done, and measures set in place to lower any risk factor to practically zero. In 15 years, we've had one bee-sting I know not the same as a local RS meet would be, but the risk assessments are not that for off.... People and cars .... risk of death by being run over etc.... and as for "official" nano meets I'd hate to think what the premiums would be ....

However I will raise the issue again with the Team and see what can be done
Again thanks for the info.

I do understand that in todays "claim culture" insurance is a minefield & i'm not expecting change overnight. If a little more discusion can happen Brilliant.! as you never know do you..!

On a lighter note, you're in the area where my dad's side of the family come from so you're a lucky person Beautiful around Cardigan. My wife & i will be over that way shortly so maybe we could meet up for a chat. PM me if you're up for it

Regards

Paul
Old 22nd July 2013, 21:37   #8
rich17865
This is my second home

Transit Connect

Thanked 1,619 Times in 1,095 Posts

I am very pleased to be the RS for the North West, and pleased with the support from the club too.

We (the North West members) organise meets, that are freely advertised on here, the club allows us to promote them as much as we please, disclaimers a plenty obviously, but only to protect the club.

Our meets nearly always have a £0 outlay and rely on regularly attending members and new members coming and going too. It is not everyone's cup of tea, but it is friendly enough and many choose to come along whenever possible.

Everybody there is aware it is an unofficial meet, and that they are responsible for their actions and safety. There is no charge for entry, but we do encourage people to go into the pub and buy food and drink as they let us use their car park for free. We have tools and spares out at almost every meet. There is no need for insurance, or club official meet status, this wouldn't change the turnout, or what happens there. If anything it my put some off as we couldn't have the tools out!

As an RS, all I have to spend to organise an event that has to be paid for by the members is maybe some of my time, a few phone calls and maybe some emails. It is the least I can do to support this great club.

Recently, the Charity Event that we organised in the North West attracted almost 70 vehicles and over 80 people, raising almost £1800. The club kindly offered to allow the sale of club merchandise with 50% going to charity, the club also donated some raffle prizes too, people say that the club doesn't give anything back to the members, I contest this whole heartedly.

In Summary, there is nothing wrong with the RS structure or how it runs. Quiet areas are simply down to an idle RS.

Last edited by rich17865; 22nd July 2013 at 21:54..
rich17865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2013, 22:17   #9
eurorover
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

It is not a club it is a business that does not support the cars
eurorover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2013, 22:30   #10
rich17865
This is my second home

Transit Connect

Thanked 1,619 Times in 1,095 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eurorover View Post
It is not a club it is a business that does not support the cars
I have to disagree, as Christopher recently has put £75 towards the manufacture of replacement powerfold worm gears.

Not too long ago, offered 50% of merchandise sales at the North West Charity Event to go to charity. He also offered raffle prizes.

Perhaps a little fact finding would be a benefit to you before stirring the pudding.
rich17865 is offline   Reply With Quote