Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Events and Meets > Regional Events Forum: The North West
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 25th October 2011, 12:51   #1
Scouse1958
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 2.5 Dealer Launch

Default Nano Meet ?

Hi Guys does anyone know of a place members could work on cars
to do mods at somewhere big enough for cars to be worked on
and to show them how to do them and for toilets nearby if they need to be used,

Paul
Scouse1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2011, 13:26   #2
baconbuttyman
Banned

You need to be looking at privately owned land for this type of thing really, cant see many pubs or public car parks allowing this sort of thing, not really the thing people want to see is a load of car parts all over the place at their local pub or eatery etc.
Thats why i did this last year
baconbuttyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2011, 13:43   #3
Scouse1958
Posted a thing or two

Thank You Mick thats gived me a few ideas now what to look for and what to do on the day

Paul

Following on some great advice from Baconbuttymans post
think would need to ask if other members can help with doing
mods on a car for other members,So Guys help me out here
if you can help put your names forward

Paul

Last edited by Dragrad; 21st October 2012 at 02:44.. Reason: Consecutive posts
Old 25th October 2011, 14:27   #4
scouseeric
Passed Away

75 contemporary se cdti

Paul, iirc one of the members with a garage up Blackburn/ Darwin way was offering his services on the lines of Andy's over in Donny. I cant remember who it was though!.....Anyone? hth

Eric
scouseeric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2011, 14:28   #5
James.uk
Passed Away

2002 Pale Blue. Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur auto. 170K miles

As Andy Willi and John are only in Doncaster, it would be much much easier to pop along to one of their Nano meets as they have both the facilities and the expertise innit..

It's also worth bearing in mind that only a few special people have both the knowledge needed at nano meets, and are willing to spend a lot of their free time helping people sort problems out. So really, the fewer Nano's there are, the easier life is for those special people innit..

We have to be carefull that people don't start using the nano meets simply as a means of getting their cars done on the cheap innit... Our "experts" don't deserve to be treated like that..
James.uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2011, 14:36   #6
Scouse1958
Posted a thing or two

Quote:
Originally Posted by James.uk View Post
As Andy Willi and John are only in Doncaster, it would be much much easier to pop along to one of their Nano meets as they have both the facilities and the expertise innit..

It's also worth bearing in mind that only a few special people have both the knowledge needed at nano meets, and are willing to spend a lot of their free time helping people sort problems out. So really, the fewer Nano's there are, the easier life is for those special people innit..

We have to be carefull that people don't start using the nano meets simply as a means of getting their cars done on the cheap innit... Our "experts" don't deserve to be treated like that..
Hi James i know what you mean but for small jobs like walnut dash and things like that surely that helps everyone,

yes why i asked surely members here as well have that knowledge as well
to help fellow members and get to know them and if you dont ask area does not move forward small mods is what i meant i dont see any harm
in that to be honest,

I know they dont need to be treated like that why i asked for ideas and to show a member how to do the job so they can do it themselves and dont think a lot of members would think like that why i asked for ideas on here

Paul
Old 25th October 2011, 15:31   #7
derekosb
Occasional interested visitor

Kia SOUL EV

Quote:
Originally Posted by James.uk View Post

I have to disagree James.

Doncaster is in a different Region and Paul is "trying" to start something for the North West. Anyway, no-one is suggesting treating the "special" members in a poor way, that is down to the membership.

Anyone attending a nano has to be prepared to get their hands dirty. If you just want your car fixed, take it to a garage and pay someone. Nano's are there for "members" of what is an "Owners CLUB" to get together and share their experience and knowledge, to increase the knowledge base within the club, and assist in keeping more of the cars on the road. This will become more and more important over time. This club will be a very different place in 10 years time for example when the youngest cars will be 16 years old and the oldest 22.

No one can force a member to offer their "services" at a nano. The offer comes because a member wants to help and share their knowledge.

Good on Paul for looking to see if there is any interest in this for your region.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scouse1958 View Post
Hi James i know what you mean but for small jobs like walnut dash and things like that surely that helps everyone,

yes why i asked surely members here as well have that knowledge as well
to help fellow members and get to know them and if you dont ask area does not move forward small mods is what i meant i dont see any harm
in that to be honest,

I know they dont need to be treated like that why i asked for ideas and to show a member how to do the job so they can do it themselves and dont think a lot of members would think like that why i asked for ideas on here

Paul
I think it would great if you can get something up and running Paul as I get the impression from the other nano's that they generate a really positive "Club" atmosphere where everyone mucks in and members all help members.

Good luck with it and hopefully people will be interested.

Regards,

Derek

Scottish Members Guestmap here.
Just click on your location to add a marker.
derekosb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2011, 15:33   #8
baconbuttyman
Banned

I agree, would be good to have a "local to you" way of getting mods done.
baconbuttyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2011, 15:36   #9
Parker
This is my second home

Jaguar XJ 3.0 V6 Auto (X350) & Hyundai Tuscon 2020

Paul, this is a good idea to get members who have a bit of know how to impart their expertise to those members who are a bit nervous in levering out a plastic dash for example and dreading damaging their rich looking real walnut one.

This kind of Nano meet with basic maintenance can help members with

Bonnet Mod
Plenum Checking
Orange Clip Replacement
etc. etc.

Major maintenance as you have already noted in your post would be a headache and quite frankly is not what the nanos are about.

Good luck with sorting something in your region but start small and build I suggest

Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2011, 15:39   #10
Scouse1958
Posted a thing or two

Quote:
Originally Posted by scouseeric View Post
Paul, iirc one of the members with a garage up Blackburn/ Darwin way was offering his services on the lines of Andy's over in Donny. I cant remember who it was though!.....Anyone? hth

Eric

Hi Eric i tryed his website but its down and dont have his number
to get in touch with him

Paul