Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 13th December 2021, 13:30   #1
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts
Default Bah Humbug!

Just got back from the final shop trip! Manic! Folks driving like maniacs on the roads and in the car parks! Never seen so much plastic landfill in my life. I'm amazed at some of the tat that is being offered for sale. I think that most of the OAP poulation of Norfolk (including me) were panic buying the last few bits of "stuff" to pass on in coloured paper before the end of the month.

I gave up for the last two shops and just sat in the car whilst my beloved got the last few "bits" (of what, I don't know). It was like a scene from carry on driving seeing folks have six attempts at hitting a space, before giving up and heading to another one, exactly the same size, to practise their reversing skills. Worse still, are the ones that just drive in at an angle and just abandon them with their nearsides right up against the car next door (even if the drivers door is that side!).

I've never heard so many angry folk in such a small space before. The final straw, was the couple at the till, with the "vouchers", who spent five minutes sorting them out, only to be told that most of them were out of date and most of the others didn't apply to the "stuff" that they had bought because it was the wrong size, maker or flavour!!!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

...................... and breathe......................... and sip your tea!

................... and there's still a couple of weeks to go! Stop the world, I want to fast forward!