Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Technology Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 4th April 2020, 23:02   #1
david75
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 2.5 V6 Conn SE, 04; Rover 75 1.8 conn, 02

Default best free video editing software?

Any suggestions on the best free video editing software?

PC, windows 10

Particularly interested in being able to have several 'pictures within the picture' at the same time, preferably each with its own audio track.

Here's why:

I play in a music group and in the current lock-down we can't get together so I'm thinking about a project to get several players to record and video themselves separately, send them to me, and I then edit them all together as a 'virtual ensemble'. I can do this as audio, but I want to do it with video so that each player gets their own 'window' in the frame.

There are lots of examples of people doing this at the moment (on facebook, etc) but I don't know what software or Apps they use

As I said, preferably free, or failing that, then 'cheap'

thanks.
david75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2020, 01:14   #2
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by david75 View Post
Any suggestions on the best free video editing software?

PC, windows 10

Particularly interested in being able to have several 'pictures within the picture' at the same time, preferably each with its own audio track.

Here's why:

I play in a music group and in the current lock-down we can't get together so I'm thinking about a project to get several players to record and video themselves separately, send them to me, and I then edit them all together as a 'virtual ensemble'. I can do this as audio, but I want to do it with video so that each player gets their own 'window' in the frame.

There are lots of examples of people doing this at the moment (on facebook, etc) but I don't know what software or Apps they use

As I said, preferably free, or failing that, then 'cheap'

thanks.
Hi David

Yesterday, I met 43 fellow photographers using a free app called Zoom

We gathered together online to listen to a guest speaker and to see his work with the app’s on board audio and video tools.

Available for all devices.

The lecture was recorded “live” and posted on YouTube for people who were not able to make the lecture. The app has built in tutorials.

You asked about video software for Windows. Send a pm to Jimbo. I am sure he will be able to help as he is a Windows home movie guru. I seem to remember he uses video software made by Sony.

I use iMovie, a free app which has multiple track and pic in pic capability, but it’s Mac.

Last edited by Gate Keeper; 5th April 2020 at 01:17..
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2020, 20:47   #3
david75
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 2.5 V6 Conn SE, 04; Rover 75 1.8 conn, 02

After a bit of research into what is available, I have discovered openshot, which works on Windows, has a few good video tutorials, and is free...

I have downloaded it and it seems reasonably intuitive to use, and looks to have the features I need, so I will try it out for my music project in the coming days/weeks
david75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2020, 06:12   #4
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by david75 View Post
After a bit of research into what is available, I have discovered openshot, which works on Windows, has a few good video tutorials, and is free...

I have downloaded it and it seems reasonably intuitive to use, and looks to have the features I need, so I will try it out for my music project in the coming days/weeks
Thanks for the feedback David, it is appreciated

I hope everything works out. Having made 100+ videos over the years as a hobby, I have found they are time consuming and to make a video blend and look good for others to see requires patience, but once you’ve mastered the software and understand how to apply it, you’ll be pleased with the results

You could use YouTube to host your project. When you’ve finished please post the link to your project as I’d like to see how you got on. To post up on YouTube, you will need to create an account, it’s free.

For my dash camera recordings, I use an ID called “Good Citizen”

Any music I download is usually accredited at the end to recognise the musicians and to keep to copyright law......https://youtu.be/gZmHrL4HJyU

Good luck!

Last edited by Gate Keeper; 10th April 2020 at 06:21..
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote