Notices

Closed Thread

Old 24th May 2016, 22:30   #31
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Another item from today’s Times:

J-C Juncker says the EU will use sanctions against any far-right or populist governments that are swept to power or office on the wave of popular anger against migration.

The power to do this was granted and passed into EU law in 2014. That was well publicised wasn’t it? Sanctions means force. It seems the definition of democracy, and the subjugation of nations to a non-elected secret committee that is beyond question, can be varied to whatever the Council wants. What price democracy now? The importance of this and it's significance is impossible to understate.

Source:
pistonheads > gassing station> news, politics &economics> Unelected EU Commissioners
(A brief leader – the rest requires a payment)
Old 24th May 2016, 22:43   #32
damienp
This is my second home

skoda estate

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraymond View Post

After seeing Frau Merkel opening the door to anybody and then cosying up to Erdogan (not the nicest man on the planet) with murmurs of reviving Turkey’s application for EU membership, added to the blatant lies and abject panic of the Remainders, I’m afraid to say my mind has changed to one of Leave for our own security.

We do not carry the casting vote in Council, we are, in spite of existing EU trade and the wider world economy, a minor political partner under the axis of Germany and its junior captive lacky France.
In my mind, your 2 paragraphs here are what the EU is all about. Germany, and what IT thinks is best for everyone.
Old 25th May 2016, 04:21   #33
topman
This is my second home

MG ZT-T 190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borg Warner View Post
Guess the bookies are more accurate? Didn't they get it right with the election last year and the Scottish referendum?
I don't know about the election but they were spot on for the Scottish referendum. They had the outcome accurately forecast for a long time before. Some even paid out before the voting had finished.

I think they are a good gauge of what is going to happen.
i think it will be 55%/45% to remain.

http://www.qwghlm.co.uk/toys/dailymail/

Last edited by topman; 25th May 2016 at 04:26..
Old 25th May 2016, 04:57   #34
barney bear
This is my second home

rover 75 Connoiseur diesel called Rosey

Thanked 2,001 Times in 1,424 Posts

Quote:
AAArrrrghggghhh pet hate alert, pet hate alert. ITS REVERT no BACK.

Oh I feel so much better now.

Sorry.
Gggggggrrrrrrrrrrrr pet hate alert, pet hate alert. Being corrected by grammar nazi's for no other reason than to make themselves feel intellectual

Does it really matter if I put BACK after every word? No, it doesn't as long as MY post makes sense.

Ooooh that feels better
Old 25th May 2016, 05:57   #35
Kennyeth
This is my second home

No more Rover

Thanked 1,308 Times in 998 Posts

Can we keep on topic? There has been some interesting posts and I am almost made my mind up which way I`m going.
Ken.
Old 25th May 2016, 10:41   #36
Borg Warner
I really should get out more.......

None

We could listen to both sides of the argument until the cows come home, be evermore confused, annoyed, exasperated and still be undecided. Flipping a coin may help some, for others looking into the tea leaves at the bottom of the cup may work? Whatever the decision the hard work starts afterwards and it is vital for the good of the country that both sides come together.

Somehow I doubt the latter.
Old 25th May 2016, 11:36   #37
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Quote:
We could listen to both sides of the argument until the cows come home, be evermore confused, annoyed, exasperated and still be undecided. Flipping a coin may help some, for others looking into the tea leaves at the bottom of the cup may work? Whatever the decision the hard work starts afterwards and it is vital for the good of the country that both sides come together.

Somehow I doubt the latter.
The main cause of confusion, annoyance and exasperation is the misuse of taxpayers funds (possibly illegal) to further a false debate, the deliberate misrepresentation of figures to bolster a thinly disguised attempt to hoodwink, and a refusal to engage equivalent opponents in open debate.

I'm referring to the storm of doom from the Remainders, the Leave side have thankfully largely refrained from reacting in similar fashion so far. Long-standing relationships have been destroyed already and probably, showing the deep disgust at what has been happening, forever.

The Civil Service and other government agencies have been mobilised to support Cameron's position, again possibly illegal. Thankfully that misuse of state machinery will stop on Friday when Purdah starts (the prohibition of such abuses).

If both sides would only issue genuine and reasonable opinions, arrived at through honest study of known values, rather than deciding what they secretly really want and then producing preposterous fairy stories to achieve it, we would all be better off.
Old 25th May 2016, 12:59   #38
Borg Warner
I really should get out more.......

None

That’s the problem in a nutshell Ray. The Remainders appear to have taken the high ground here by the use of such "dodgy tactics" shall we say? As we know such tactics tend to be believed so much more easily.

Anyway, we have today received out polling cards. We are good to go as they say in the movies.
Old 25th May 2016, 13:25   #39
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

The BBC are suggesting they have opened some web pages (?) to disseminate the truth from the myths and down right lies being propagated by both sides of the debate. How unbiased that might be, I don't know.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
Old 25th May 2016, 13:35   #40
bobthebuilder
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur SE

Smile A contrary view

I have yet to receive my voting card.

I am clearly in a minority of one here, but in for a penny, in for a Euro.....

Leaving the Euro is utter, utter madness. If we do, we will become an isolated and irrelevant small country at the edge of Europe. Barred from contributing to any European decision making, and there will follow years of economic stagnation whilst the government does little but negotiate a never ending sequence of trade deals. And the Europeans will do everything in their power to stitch us up.

And apparently stating the truth about life outside the EU is scaremongering? Well wouldn't you rather know now than find out the hard way in a few years?

Whereas the totality of the Leave thinking is 'of course we can do it alone, we are British'.

People also forget the wide range of employment laws that are protected by EU legislation. You trust a Tory government to look after your best interests?

Will any more major industrial companies build factories in the UK knowing exports have to subject to TBD trade deals?

Think the French will care one hoot about the 'Jungle' at Calais if we leave the EU? They will see it as a UK problem and nothing to do with them anymore.

Tax reform will stall meaning it's even easier for Google etc to pay a pittance of UK tax.

The list goes on. And I've not heard of a single credible economic report stating any benefits of leaving.

Worst of all, if the Leave camp win, we get Boris 'self-interest' Johnson as PM!

We are stronger together, and I sincerely hope the Remain side wins. Over and out
Closed Thread