Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 25th June 2016, 22:14   #1101
neilbaker86
Gets stuck in

MG ZT

I was referring to the demand for a 2nd referendum, not the outcome of the 1st.

People just seem to be becoming increasingly desperate over this issue all the time. And I wonder where it will all end.
Old 25th June 2016, 22:22   #1102
spyder
This is my second home

75 CDT Auto Tourer , Rover 45 , Astra, Zaffira, Chev Captiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraymond View Post
Spyder, there are some amongst us that don't believe the majority of Leave votes were based on the supposed 'immigrant' question. When some figures are known to be phoney, as some undoubtedly were, then all figures are regarded as being invalid. Many objected to the principle of the EU and the lies originally told to us rather than the obvious immigrant and economics straw man arguments.
That is certainly the reasoned response that many people my age (over 50's) have given me, especially the more informed and/or educated. I have also taken time to ask other sectors of the population, where the whole "immigrants taking our benefits" comments have been raised. A possible problem that neither vote would stop, in my opinion.

As I am here for the long haul and have young children to think about, the economic future of the country is my primary concern in this whole affair. Emotions aside I do believe that I share that concern with many, no matter which way they voted.
Chrome skull caps, EGR cleaned (original housing), Mondeo lower mounting, 12V outlets in the armrest and tourer boot, cat fixed, working FBH, Lidl plenum covers, DD with reverse camera.New speakesr/Tweeters with MDF rings. wood dash, Memory leather seats, wooden finished steering and handbrake, Xenon headlights.
Old 25th June 2016, 23:49   #1103
wraymond
I will find or make a way

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

They only elect leaders on a personal contact basis. The whole system is built on networking and 'contacts' and the favours circuit. Rees-Mogg is popular only in the real world because he appears to tell the truth and comes across as genuine and a toff. To the insiders he is a traitor because he does tell it like it is, the best PM we'll never get.
Old 26th June 2016, 01:44   #1104
Dragrad
This is my second home

None * DROWNED

Thanked 1,664 Times in 1,081 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthebuilder View Post
Agreed (the Le Touquet Treaty?). But with the UK out of the EU, Calais is now the end of the EU immigration 'pipe' and I can't see them liking it. The French could include this issue in the two year 'divorce' negotiations that are triggered once Article 50 is invoked.
The mayor of Calais is already spouting this... Even though the agreement for the Border "police" being on French soil is NOT an EU issue. It is an agreement between France and Britian

Andrew
Ich Dien
Problem solving is... lateral thinking

SEARCH FIRST ...ASK LATER...

Old 26th June 2016, 06:53   #1105
Simondi
Regional Secretary

MGTF, MG ZS EV Exclusive

Thanked 3,563 Times in 1,857 Posts

I've no doubt there will be lots more chat regarding the EU over the next few months and years. This thread was started to discuss the government's leaflets and the campaign that followed .

Thanks to all who contributed to the debate, if only our politicians could do the same in a similar fashion.
Closed Thread