Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 28th August 2019, 07:23   #11
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool Time just flies past.......................

............................................... well, not really. Time stays still it’s just us getting older that time seems to move past at an alarming rate.

26 years ago today I stood before the registrar in Queen Victoria House in Barkingside Essex and said “I do” to my Val. Thank goodness she said “I do” as well. Not a day goes by that I do not forget that day. Made me the happiest man alive. Well things have changed now, Val took the hands of the Angels just over 9 years ago. As they life goes on.

Now in my new home I sit and ponder about the what if’s. But what has happened has made me stronger. And moving on as been slow, painfully slow. But today is the first day of my new life.

Yesterday I discovered a new garden centre, well Allen told me where it was. Tartan Down is the name of the centre, so down this narrow lane and into the garden centre. Not a commercial site but a privately run garden centre. All the plants are under huge poly tunnels. Spoke to a very nice man, the owner it turned out, about hanging baskets. Needed two to start with. He explained that it was the end of the season for the summer ones and advised me to come back in 6 weeks for the autumn ones would be ready.

I have taken down part of the trellis work around one of the lounge windows. The previous house owner had built his own trellis and had hung it on 4 brackets that sit about 8 inches from the wall. So that’s why I wanted the hanging baskets. I have kept the lower part of the trellis in place as I have a pretty Chinese Lantern plant growing there.
After leaving the garden centre I went to Callington via the narrow country lanes. Only met 3 cars on the way. Needed some shopping and there is a nice Tesco’s in Callington.

Collected from Debbie yesterday the last of the broken tiles and some hardcore, this ready to go into the greenhouse once the triffid dies off, sorry courgette plant expires. Then went round to Allen’s as he had a huge bag of slate for me to have, again to fill in the holes in the greenhouse. Allen was welding up the ballast plates for his boat he is rebuilding.
Tea? Said Val. Oh! Go on then. And Debbie must have heard the kettle whistling as she popped in on her way to the tip.

We sat and chatted before Debbie and Val left, going to the tip and collecting some gas from Screwfix for Allen to use. I also left Allen to finish off his welding.
Parked the Bear up outside the garage and unloaded the slate, had to half empty the bag before I could lift it.
Then got the Dyson vacuum cleaner and gave the Bear’s boot a clean.
Parked her back up in her parking space and went indoors to make some tea.

Then it was time to prepare dinner. Sausages, mash and corn on the cob. Makes a change to have corn instead of cabbage.

Thanks for reading and the kind comments.

232750. Be patient Banana, we will soon be back together and enjoying the shows again.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote