Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 28th December 2023, 14:17   #31
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool Home from the hospital…………….

……………………………. After my check up and it’s not the news I was hoping for. My leg is still badly swollen and very bruised. So I’m back into a soft cast and need to go back in 7 days time. If the swelling has gone down then a hard plaster cast will be fitted. If the swelling hasn’t gone down then I will be admitted for surgery.

Getting into Allen’s Citroen was like a major exercise, I even had help from the army. Ok so Steve is home on leave but he held onto me whilst the car was repositioned enabling me to get in. I’m a bit cack handed so nothing is straight forward to me every time.

Derriford is a huge hospital, my first visit. Covers bloomin acres. The fracture clinic is on level six which believe it or not is ground level. There are 5 levels below the main entrance and a further 7 levels above.

Still I’m home and in the warm. Val made me a cuppa. I’ve been onto social services and am now waiting for the lady in charge to come and see me about the injections.

233,625. That’s meet no.4 done.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2023, 22:03   #32
Raven Black
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 saloon

Default Ankle

Such rotten luck Bob, so sorry not better news about the ankle, hang in there, it will get better, am sure. At least you have help which is great.
Old 29th December 2023, 18:37   #33
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool

Clare from Adult Social Services came along last night and showed me how to inject myself. I eventually did it but it was hard work. I have a thing about needles.

I have to rest as much as possible, no more dashing about and doing various jobs. I now have to sit on the bed for the minimum of 7 hours per day. That’s going to be blooming hard for me.

After she left I cooked my dinner, didn’t feel like doing a lot so I settled for chicken n chips in the air fryer. Not sure what caused but I had an upset stomach all night.

This morning I had a visit from the community nurse who also showed me how to inject myself, as it now appears that I have to both injections myself.
After she left my neighbour Gerry came over and took both sets of car keys. Oh! My! What a lovely sound as he fired up Banana. I have missed that sound, missed driving my favourite car. He also started up the wee Fiesta but the sound of Banana was the best.

Marion popped in for a chat, and she said I had a look of happiness on my face. I pointed out it was the sound of Banana ticking over. We chatted till Gerry came back with the keys. Gerry said that his wife Karen would come over and stab me twice a day with the injections as she is a former nurse.

After Gerry and Marion left my next visitor was Kelsey who popped in to ask me if I wanted to get her to put my recycling out. Yes please and she got on with the task. Back indoors and she made me a cuppa.
It was like Piccadilly Circus this morning with so many people coming in.
Next was Allen, it’s his birthday today, and Val came in with my shopping from Tesco’s. And they got everything.

And Karen arrived to “stab” me. The injections have to be done at certain times of the day. I’m keeping a record of the “stabbing”. So after Karen left I had my dinner, beef casserole done in the slow cooke. I prepared this all in the morning.

Watching the telly before bed.

onen hag oll
Old 30th December 2023, 11:44   #34
xsport
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 club se

Get well soon bob. best regards ... xsport
xsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2023, 12:43   #35
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsport View Post
Get well soon bob. best regards ... xsport
Many thanks. Gradually getting there.

onen hag oll
Old 1st January 2024, 09:58   #36
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool

The ladies from New Life have been in this morning and have fitted one of my armchairs with purpose built fitted raiser blocks. Plus they have brought in an adjustable height foot stool. After a few height tests they tightened it all up. Then they turned the chair and the foot stool so I can look out on half of my back garden.
That small job has made me feel a lot better. And now I planned to get dressed, and get back into the habit of getting dressed of a morning.

Had a bit of a funny turn this morning. Possibly caused by me turning too quickly as I needed the loo urgently this morning, I’ll leave it to your imagination as to what I needed. But after awhile I was able to continue over to get my breakfast, take tablets, make tea and have a wash.

The swelling has gone down on the leg as there is a gap at the top just under the knee and I’m able to get my hands around my thigh better. Plus my toes look a better colour. Still wiggling them. Doing a 100 wiggles at a time, up to six times a day. Too much and my foot starts to ache, which is a good sign.
I have cut right back on the painkillers. Now just taking two before bedtime. I was on up to eight a day. So more improvement.

Karen is still coming in and “stabbing” me on a twice daily basis. And she makes me a cuppa so I’m keeping hydrated. Drinking plenty of liquids. Had no falling down water for nearly 3 weeks now.
I went to bed at 20.30 last night and only woke up in the New Year when the fireworks went off. Back to sleep after a wee and woke up when my new alarm clock went off, that’s the boiler starting up at 06.30.

So Happy New Year to all my readers.

onen hag oll
Old 1st January 2024, 10:02   #37
coolguy
Coolguy

Rover 75 CDT Tourer Auto, Rover 75 2.0 Connoisseur Auto, MG ZT 2.5 Auto and MG ZT Cdti Auto (Monogra

A Happy New Year, Bob, and a healthier one as well - and to all other readers as well of course.
coolguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2024, 10:36   #38
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolguy View Post
A Happy New Year, Bob, and a healthier one as well - and to all other readers as well of course.
Thank you. I hope 2024 is good for you and family.

onen hag oll
Old 2nd January 2024, 13:38   #39
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool

Thought I would have fish cakes and chips for tea. Cooked ok in the air fryer I sat down to enjoy my food. The fish cakes were cod n parsley. I cut one open and took a bit. Mmm!!! It didn’t taste right so I cut open the second one and that tasted blooming awful. They were both “off”. Tipped them away and just ate a few chips but the taste was in my mouth.

Not the best nights, many a visit to the loo not helped that I kept feeling sick.
But I made it to this morning ok. Still got the blooming awful taste in my mouth. Have tried to get rid but it has only just started to fade. So no more fish cakes for me.

Got dressed ok, back into my shorts ready for the summer. This morning we had torrential rain and this afternoon the sun is shining. The builders are due here Friday to sort my outside wall out. Got another chap coming tomorrow to give me an estimate on a new boiler.

Had the physiotherapist on the phone asking about my progress, told him that I’m back to the hospital this coming Thursday. He is going to phone me on Friday to see if I’m in a hard cast or not. I think I will be as the swelling has gone down a lot, and the colour of my leg has returned. Plus the toes look healthy.

So all in all I’m getting there. Hopefully I might be able to get up to bed in a week or so’s time.

onen hag oll
Old 2nd January 2024, 18:28   #40
3disco
3disco

ROVER 75 CONN TOURER CDTI and ZTT V8 SE LPG

Hi Bob,rather late to this thread sorry to hear your tales of woe but it sounds like hopefully you are over the worst and the newyear is kinder to you so stop lazing about and get out to some shows!
3disco is offline   Reply With Quote