Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 21st March 2012, 13:57   #1
Rev Jules
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts
Question (Harry) steering wheel

Got my car back yesterday. after an MPEG4 was fitted. tried the wheel controls this morning for the volumne etc !! dont work, Is there a function on one of the units set up screens to bring it in to play!!

Julien
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2012, 15:41   #2
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by julienhoulton View Post
Got my car back yesterday. after an MPEG4 was fitted. tried the wheel controls this morning for the volumne etc !! dont work, Is there a function on one of the units set up screens to bring it in to play!!

Julien
MPEG4 is the TV receiver and the wheel control don not work with that, you use the TV remote to control it.

If you meant the DD - not sure of the actual order, but something like...

Looking at the radio on the screen, top right there is a house symbol, click that, then the like a cog symbol, then wade through those settings to find the a tab along the top called wheel. Once there you need to press a wheel button then press a button on the screen to tell it which particular thing you want the button presently pressed, to do. Then repeat for each of the wheel buttons. Once set, then turn pale blue.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2012, 17:43   #3
Rev Jules
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer+

Default steering wheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT View Post
MPEG4 is the TV receiver and the wheel control don not work with that, you use the TV remote to control it.

If you meant the DD - not sure of the actual order, but something like...

Looking at the radio on the screen, top right there is a house symbol, click that, then the like a cog symbol, then wade through those settings to find the a tab along the top called wheel. Once there you need to press a wheel button then press a button on the screen to tell it which particular thing you want the button presently pressed, to do. Then repeat for each of the wheel buttons. Once set, then turn pale blue.
Ok Harry .
I have tried that did not work,not worry I can live without that Strange cos the cruise still works.
anyway here is another problem got the car back last night great everything working the TV that is. Went to try it at lunchtime nothing I thought *** it. I have just about had enough of this it keeps coming up with a screen Installation guide, no matter what I do it scans and picks up absolutely nothing. Got any ideas before I rip it out and go to Halfords, this thing has cost me over £700 pounds so far .

Julien
Old 21st March 2012, 20:47   #4
Radioguy
Banned

None

Here is a Video
Sounds like the installer messed up your controls ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsQPU...4&feature=plcp

And Julien £250 to install that head unit is an utter disgrace.
Most are Do it yourselvers and the Normal cost is £30-£50

And Many techs tend to over install.

No way that should have been any where near £250

I have heard so many horror stories from guys that take these to "reputable" Shops

Hi Sean,

Good to talk to you last night and it may well have saved a lot of time and trouble too!
Have to say that this one is down to my auto electrician (who is a little stubborn at times!). He had connected the aerial into the wrong socket and now we have corrected it, it works fine.
Many thanks for all your help and I look forward to dealing with you in the future.

Hey Sean,

The b*****ds at ******** (believe me they're the best) refused to look at it because its not their unit!

Anyway I took it somewhere else and you were right, the orange wire was hanging there connected to nothing. Finally, they got it to work.
Radioguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2012, 21:17   #5
Rev Jules
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer+

Default steering wheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioguy View Post
Here is a Video
Sounds like the installer messed up your controls ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsQPU...4&feature=plcp

And Julien £250 to install that head unit is an utter disgrace.
Most are Do it yourselvers and the Normal cost is £30-£50

And Many techs tend to over install.

No way that should have been any where near £250

I have heard so many horror stories from guys that take these to "reputable" Shops

Hi Sean,

Good to talk to you last night and it may well have saved a lot of time and trouble too!
Have to say that this one is down to my auto electrician (who is a little stubborn at times!). He had connected the aerial into the wrong socket and now we have corrected it, it works fine.
Many thanks for all your help and I look forward to dealing with you in the future.

Hey Sean,

The b*****ds at ******** (believe me they're the best) refused to look at it because its not their unit!

Anyway I took it somewhere else and you were right, the orange wire was hanging there connected to nothing. Finally, they got it to work.
Sean You did not take any notice of what I had written it came back to me working perfectly, The gold box did not work it was Harrys suggestion I installed the black one , the screen is now showing INSTALL GUIDE and that is as far as I can get it . it will scan but will not pick up any TV stations or Radio stations. my guy installed this and had to strip it out again to install the black unit to the original cars aerials, I have seen the amount of work involved in doing this, we only have to look at other peoples problems in getting these units up and running with extra costs involved, so please dont tell me these can be installed with minimum cost . because they aint simple plug and play units. it is okay for some guys out there who have a certain amount of dexterity in putting these things in I dont!!

Julien
Old 21st March 2012, 21:54   #6
Shaun233
Avid contributor

Rover 75 saloon

I put my unit in in half an hour but to get it all hooked up properly with dvb tuner and steering wheel controls took be about 2 hours I'm no expert by any means but found it easy with reading a few posts on hear I agree with Sean that's Quite a lot of money for the work that has been carried out but can only speak from experience of fitting my unit
Shaun233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2012, 22:15   #7
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Quote:
Sean You did not take any notice of what I had written it came back to me working perfectly, The gold box did not work it was Harrys suggestion I installed the black one , the screen is now showing INSTALL GUIDE and that is as far as I can get it . it will scan but will not pick up any TV stations or Radio stations. my guy installed this and had to strip it out again to install the black unit to the original cars aerials, I have seen the amount of work involved in doing this, we only have to look at other peoples problems in getting these units up and running with extra costs involved, so please dont tell me these can be installed with minimum cost . because they aint simple plug and play units. it is okay for some guys out there who have a certain amount of dexterity in putting these things in I dont!!

Julien
The swap from gold unit to black, is not really that involved. Just the remote pickup head to swap and the two built in antennas to connect.

If you are getting the Install menu on screen, your A/V leads seem to be working. Go through the menu system and check the antenna power is set to on. If that is off, you will be able to receive nothing - your expert installer ought to have known to check this.

£250 is way over the top. Especially so as the guy seems not to be able to make it work.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

Old 21st March 2012, 22:19   #8
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun233 View Post
I put my unit in in half an hour but to get it all hooked up properly with dvb tuner and steering wheel controls took be about 2 hours I'm no expert by any means but found it easy with reading a few posts on hear I agree with Sean that's Quite a lot of money for the work that has been carried out but can only speak from experience of fitting my unit
Mine took 6months, in several stages to actually get everything working. The final installment was the HK system.

From scratch, with everything planned out and the benefit of hindsight, I could likely put it all in within 5 hours or so.

Old 22nd March 2012, 06:14   #9
Rev Jules
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer+

Default wheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT View Post
The swap from gold unit to black, is not really that involved. Just the remote pickup head to swap and the two built in antennas to connect.

If you are getting the Install menu on screen, your A/V leads seem to be working. Go through the menu system and check the antenna power is set to on. If that is off, you will be able to receive nothing - your expert installer ought to have known to check this.

£250 is way over the top. Especially so as the guy seems not to be able to make it work.
Like I had previously said the unit came back to me working okay. The Antenna power is set to on.

Julien
Old 22nd March 2012, 07:24   #10
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

Quote:
Like I had previously said the unit came back to me working okay. The Antenna power is set to on.

Julien
Then assuming you are in a reasonable reception area it should be working. Assuming your installer has reused the OEM pair of antennas in the rear window, how has he got them to connect to the receiver?