Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 19th April 2014, 16:20   #1
ninaandphil
Avid contributor

MG ZT CDTi

Default Another MGZT set of pics!

08/06 - Latest updates

Hi all. thought it was about time I posted a few pics of my MGZT....

I had a 75 V6 2.5 until recently, but my daily commute added up to 300+ miles per week and I felt I needed something a little lighter on my wallet!

This is my replacement, a 2.0 Diesel.... It's not as refined but boy it's a lot cheaper to run..

She was on Ebay, a Trophy Blue non-runner with a failed clutch and a ding on the rear drivers door arch.... Only 100K on the clock - a bargain was had....

She already had a custom chrome exhaust system, a 160 remap, tinted rear windows and slotted / grooved discs... ( Thanks D** )....

So far I've replaced the clutch to get her going, had the damage repaired and a respray along the drivers side.. ( Total cost of everything less than £1K )

I've added Power folds, replaced the tatty Xenons with newer ones, added front light washers, MG7 tail lights, replaced the fogs with DRL's, added rear parking sensors and cos I like it, added a bit of chrome bling!! ( window surrounds, under door runners, torpedoes, rear and front number plates, front lower grill )..

Inside I've re-colored / repaired the drivers blue leather bolster, changed the badge on the steering wheel, changed the gear knob, added illuminated sun visors and auto dimming mirror, painted the window switches and climate facia, added a Harman sound system and a rear powered sun blind...

Shortly changing all exterior badges and wheel badges to Blue / black and adding a double Din Sat nav... lots more to do!

Hoping to get to my first meet ( South West ) at Weston in May'''

Hope you all like her ...

mg1v2.jpg

Latest tinkering!
Here's my latest additions for anyone who cares!! In goes a Sat Nav / CD head unit, I painted the surround in Trophy Blue...

As I have used the chrome trims off my old 75 around the windows, I had to get a post project drive rear quarter panel set, as the Rover rear quarter panel badges were wrong.... I decided to add these enamel MG badges, the colour isn't bang on, but it's close enough....

Also added the same to the boot, and some stick on badges to replace the wheel centres...
Attached Thumbnails

08/06... couple of new bits, some bling side indicators and a matching enamel grill badge... no cash left this month due to tax and MOT.. done 6K since I purchased her in January, only needed track rod ends and roll bar links at the front, so I'm happy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mg2v2.jpg (119.5 KB, 144 views)
File Type: jpg mg4v2.jpg (113.3 KB, 150 views)
File Type: jpg mg5v2.jpg (128.5 KB, 143 views)
File Type: jpg Indicator.jpg (125.0 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by ninaandphil; 8th June 2014 at 18:14.. Reason: Updates
ninaandphil is offline   Reply With Quote