Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Technology Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 24th April 2013, 17:56   #11
bikerdude666
Posted a thing or two

Jaguar Xe diseasal

I too use keychain, though on 1 forum I go on it seems to randomly log me out, and not remember username or password, and the same for my weebly account, luckily my weebly account is an easily remembered password.
bikerdude666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2013, 10:46   #12
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerdude666 View Post
I too use keychain, though on 1 forum I go on it seems to randomly log me out, and not remember username or password, and the same for my weebly account, luckily my weebly account is an easily remembered password.
This logging out happens here as well. I have found that if I tick the 'Remember Me' at log in and had been in the middle of writing something and get logged out, that the site will take me back to the page I was looking at or writing on, most of the time.

Passwords and how to manage them is a common problem. I am grateful to everyone's contribution including the one suggested by el bandito about 'TrueCrypt'. I think I will stick with keychain. Many thanks
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2013, 07:40   #13
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts
Default Password Alert!

In follow up, I use the keychain which protects my passwords from prying eyes and it is free.

I have received an apologetic email from adobe.com which suggested I change all of passwords as their own security systems had been hacked into. I researched the email and before I opened it, I checked the origins of the email for authenticity. The story about this sophisticated attack on the adobe 2.9 million customer encrypted database was released worldwide 1 - 2 days ago. The Telegraph, Washington Post and the New York Times reported the story that the hackers had attempted to grab credit and debit card details from the adobe customer network! Info from adobe reached me just gone midnight last night. As a result I have since changed my passwords.

I am posting this up in case fellow members have any adobe applications/products which they subscribe to or have subscribed to in the past.
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2013, 10:11   #14
TriumphStag
Gets stuck in

MK1 Connie SE 2.0CDTi Tourer

I use Keypass. It is free and encrypts your password store it a pretty much unbreakable form. Also has a nice feature where you right click the entry that you want the password for and it copies it to the clipboard for 15 seconds for you to paste it into the password prompt.

We rolled this out to over 3000 users at work as default means of storing passwords.
TriumphStag is offline   Reply With Quote