Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 3rd September 2011, 15:20   #1
Domparker

Rover 75 TDI Tourer

Default Floor mats and Boot liner advice please

Hi all, a first post from myself as just joined today. I am picking up my 75 next week... 2004 04 plate connie tourer in blue with just 36000 miles on it... im delighted. Its going to serve as a day to day car so I can put my Mercedes SL away in the garage... as the SL isnt much good for DIY / trips to the dump, collecting anything larger than an afterthought or snow... the list goes on... and I am moving house later this month and will be doing extensive DIY over the next few years...however I digress.

I need to get a set of floor mats and a boot liner. Seems that there are lots available and Halfords top end range seems (quite thick mats) at £39.99 seem the best I can find, they are made secifically for the car. As far as a boot liner is concerned I found a place on Ebay selling them for £34.49 http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ROVER-75-E...item3a475471f6 however the only neg feedback in hundreds was from a 75 estate owner saying his didn't fit !! typical.

So, I want quality rather than value here, can anyone suggest the best place for perfect fit floor mats or boot liners based on the experience of you guys here. I thought this may be a better soure of good info than just going for the first thing I saw on ebay etc. Any suggestions appreciated to a new biy. Many thanks : Dom
Domparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2011, 20:47   #2
Banjo
Posted a thing or two

MG6 Magnette 1.8 Tci SE

I have the heavy durry Halfords rubber floor mats for winter use - I have found that they stay where you put them and fit very well in my ZT saloon. As for boot liners for the Tourer, Iam sure someone will be along to advise regarding those.
Banjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2011, 21:05   #3
Domparker

Rover 75 TDI Tourer

Thanks Banjo, thats much appreciated. It is going to be a kind of workhouse but also my regular drive so big thick carpet mats are the order of the day with a nice HD rubber boot liner... Thanks for your advice though.. any more offers? Many thanks : Dom.

I have now managed to source both floor mats and boot liner from Ebay... also, thanks to the forum a replacement luggage cover handle (BMW part). Thanks guys, will likely be back again and will let you now how the new purchases erform. Best wishes : Dom

Last edited by Domparker; 4th September 2011 at 00:04..
Domparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2011, 12:41   #4
capese21
This is my second home

MG ZTT 180 Sports Auto.

Wink

Quote:
I found a place on Ebay selling them for £34.49 http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ROVER-75-E...item3a475471f6 however the only neg feedback in hundreds was from a 75 estate owner saying his didn't fit !! typical.
These liners are ok. It is though a universal one so of course it has to be cut to fit correctly!!

I bought a pair of Genuine MG Rover rubber mats. They to had to be cut to fit depending on if you wanted them for a left or right hand drive car.

Easy enough with a sharp craft knife. The negative says " I had to cut it to fit with a Knife" a bit unfair to the seller imho and it would not put me off buying one. Next door neighbour bought one for his BMW and once trimmed it looked ok to me.

Ed
capese21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2011, 13:30   #5
RoverAlicante
Avid contributor

Rover 75

I have one of those boot liners from the link I bought about a year ago in the UK. They are very good but don't fit perfectly in the boot. But they are very tough and hard wearing as you would hope!!
RoverAlicante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2011, 15:23   #6
markvh
Loves to post

MG ZT-T

I fitted the same one as the link over the weekend, needed very little trimming to get a good fit (took about 10 mins). Really thick heavy duty rubber and looks the part now that its fitted.

I was a little disapointed at having to trim it to fit, but happy overall.

mark

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
markvh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2011, 14:00   #7
gsteph
Regular poster

Citroen C3 Picasso

Default Tourer load space mat

I bought my tourer rubber boot liner from the X part online shop, it fit perfectly
and has given me five years service and still looks like new, can't remember the price, but I was happy at the time.
gsteph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2011, 14:43   #8
Matt
Regular poster

Rover 75 2.0 auto Connoisseur se

Hi, I have a brand new unwanted tourer boot liner from this company www.boot-liner.com (search under Rover 75 Estate) which i need to sell, only problem is it is heavy duty rubber and weighs a lot so postage would be high (am in Aylesbury). I have no connection with this company but they have been very good on orders i have made.
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2011, 14:52   #9
oldcarguy
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Conn SE Tourer

I also have one from the company in the OP and I think it is of good quality but doesn't fit perfectly around the sides, this maybe because Rover changed the side panels on the facelift model. Other than that I think it will serve me well.
oldcarguy is offline   Reply With Quote