Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 6th November 2017, 11:40   #51
TomRS
Posted a thing or two

Mk1 ZT 190 - Mk2 ZS 180 - Mercedes E63 AMG S - Ford Ranger Hawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by CivilSteve View Post
Head porting on N/a enignes is a tricky thing to get right and can very easily make things worse. There's a lot of fine tuning in the factory to maximise volumetric efficiency through inlet pulse timing/exhaust scavenging and a bad porting job can really mess this up. Do they have a flow bench at all ?

Exhaust cam on the inlet I think is the proposed idea, never seen it done or heard much about it in practise. Think the cost of messing with the Kv6 puts alot of folks off.

I'd be very interested in testing the de-flapped vs working manifolds. Think I know which will perform best but the results would be the true teller.

When I'm finishing up with the ECU side I'll drop folks a message and to check the very generous offer still stands
purposes/design of new models/maintaince
Yes mate offer would still stand, i'll keep the car in one chunk and then we'll get it mapped and you can test both inlets then i'll pull her apart and ruin it hahaha!
i also have a panel filter and a k&n that can be tried to see if they make any differences!

Either of the KV6's are available to you if needs be mate got the one im talking about (120k very well cared for, regular oil changes and driven hard) and my lovely other halfs which is only on 82k, im easy i'll do anything to help out a good cause and this would certainly benefit the club as barring kMaps and the flash maps the traders use thats about it, and no one has touched the KV6 which is to me anyway the most lackluster motor! (not including the 1.8nasp hahaha)
Having a proper rolling road and being fairly central country wise gives a great basis for business.
So yes your welcome to either of them, as long as you dont mind me watching and asking questions as tuning is genuinely very interesting to me and i enjoy the whole process.

As for the head work, they have a flow bench and the company has been going for 60yrs he's very good at what he does and has built some fantastic engines for myself and dad... his last was a full rebuild on a Alfa 3.0 V6 12v which with some work and a proper tuning session made 233whp or about 260 at the flywheel.

Anyway i digress, we'll chat more about the cams/head work when i bring the car down to you guys.
But offer stands and i look forward to seeing you guys, if you drop me a message when you need me i'll give you my number and we'll go from there.

Thanks very much!!!

Last edited by TomRS; 6th November 2017 at 11:45..
TomRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2017, 21:08   #52
CivilSteve
Avid contributor

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomRS View Post
Yes mate offer would still stand, i'll keep the car in one chunk and then we'll get it mapped and you can test both inlets then i'll pull her apart and ruin it hahaha!
i also have a panel filter and a k&n that can be tried to see if they make any differences!

Either of the KV6's are available to you if needs be mate got the one im talking about (120k very well cared for, regular oil changes and driven hard) and my lovely other halfs which is only on 82k, im easy i'll do anything to help out a good cause and this would certainly benefit the club as barring kMaps and the flash maps the traders use thats about it, and no one has touched the KV6 which is to me anyway the most lackluster motor! (not including the 1.8nasp hahaha)
Having a proper rolling road and being fairly central country wise gives a great basis for business.
So yes your welcome to either of them, as long as you dont mind me watching and asking questions as tuning is genuinely very interesting to me and i enjoy the whole process.

As for the head work, they have a flow bench and the company has been going for 60yrs he's very good at what he does and has built some fantastic engines for myself and dad... his last was a full rebuild on a Alfa 3.0 V6 12v which with some work and a proper tuning session made 233whp or about 260 at the flywheel.

Anyway i digress, we'll chat more about the cams/head work when i bring the car down to you guys.
But offer stands and i look forward to seeing you guys, if you drop me a message when you need me i'll give you my number and we'll go from there.

Thanks very much!!!
Hi,

That would be most handy and really help speed up the process for us! Plus the opportunity to do some comparison testing will be handy for the KV6 community.

No problems here with you asking questions/taking an interest Makes the whole thing a bit more fun

Will drop you a message when ready.
CivilSteve is offline   Reply With Quote