Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 21st November 2011, 16:16   #1
twaters63
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon

Default DVB-t problem with install

Hi folks still no joy with getting power to my DVB unit it's powered from the yell/grey wire on the grey ISO block and black obviously to earth nothing! tried another live feed from fusebox in glove compartment! anyway I've now read somewhere that there is a green wire that is part of this install that has to go to earth otherwise it won't work!!!! can anyone shed some light on this and also the yell/red/white connectors have I put them in the right place on the unit I've put them in the middle (RCA) and not in the aux
Everything else is a dream so just a bit flummoxed here
Old 21st November 2011, 23:48   #2
Radioguy
Banned

None

Quote:
Originally Posted by twaters63 View Post
Hi folks still no joy with getting power to my DVB unit it's powered from the yell/grey wire on the grey ISO block and black obviously to earth nothing! tried another live feed from fusebox in glove compartment! anyway I've now read somewhere that there is a green wire that is part of this install that has to go to earth otherwise it won't work!!!! can anyone shed some light on this and also the yell/red/white connectors have I put them in the right place on the unit I've put them in the middle (RCA) and not in the aux
Everything else is a dream so just a bit flummoxed here
Tim

1/ Connect the Handbrake wire to Earth
2/. Make sure whatever you are connecting to the Box has 12V live , Do you have a tester?
3/. Connect to your AUX IN

Sean
Radioguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2011, 10:59   #3
twaters63
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon

Cheers mate I'll re do all wiring I have a tester yes and need to wire up the brown brake wire and re seat DVB plugs from RCA to Aux! Wednedsay now before I can do this but keep you all posted pretty sure this is more likely to be my wiring folks

Last edited by twaters63; 26th November 2011 at 12:21..
twaters63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2011, 12:05   #4
Rev Jules
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts
Default hand brake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioguy View Post
Tim

1/ Connect the Handbrake wire to Earth
2/. Make sure whatever you are connecting to the Box has 12V live , Do you have a tester?
3/. Connect to your AUX IN

Sean
Sorry to be a numpty what is a hand brake wire!!!

Julien

any news of our radio,s yet!!
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2011, 14:45   #5
twaters63
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon

It's a brown wire which comes out of the loom supplied with the DD Unit from Sean has a label on it marked EARTH! It's function is to stop you using the tv whilst in motion hence its supposed to be wired to the handbrake! You can just send it earth though but as I have found out it does have to be connected hope this helps mate

Last edited by twaters63; 24th November 2011 at 16:21..
twaters63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2011, 13:27   #6
StuBlake13
Loves to post

2003 Rover 75 CDTi Club SE Tourer Dover White

Quick question but where is everyone using as the place to earth the dvb unit and the antenna? Also at the moment I have my antenna resting on the dash is there a better place for it? I can't get it to stick to my rear screen as the wiring isn't long enough (yes I know I can extend it all if I wanted but more hassle than whats its worth imho) so just wondered if there is somewhere a little less obvious.
StuBlake13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2011, 17:30   #7
twaters63
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon

which antenna you on about the winged DVB-T antenna? the small mag mount antenna is not used in this install been replaced with the powered one!
The only other antenna is the GPS one which goes on the dash or some people seem to say it works perfect attach to the steel bar behind the DD Unit (Gold Connector one end to back of DD Unit)