Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 7th March 2009, 21:59   #21
mark_bonsai
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 CDT Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3NDEREZ View Post
Good point that.. NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- the message centre then, I'll take the extra horses!
Get the message centre, etc fitted first with a T4 session, and THEN go to BMW :lol:

I've just emailed this guy on ebay asking how it's done and needing the codes from Omitec, and this was the response I got...

"hi mark it is done by altering the vehicle configuration to reflect the XPower option thanks for your interest"

Now what's that all about!!!

I don't think these are proper X-Power upgrades, I think he just "flashes" your ECU with a different map.
Re-mapped. EGR bypass. De-catted. 18" Apex's. ZT190 brakes & suspension. Xenon projectors. Powerfold bullets. Electric rear sun blind. Auto dipping rear view mirror. Wood and leather steering wheel. Wood handbrake handle. Full leather sports seats. Harman Kardon speakers & sub. Navall 2 double din through 500w Kenwood amp. Fully chromed front grill.
mark_bonsai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2009, 22:04   #22
eddybrown
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Club CDT & 73' MG Midget

He'll probably be flashing the ECU with the map from a 131 car, we know this works as long as the car has the options enabled in the ECU ie automatic/manual, cruise, traction etc.

It's quite easy read the ecu file from a 131 car, write it to the 116 car. You just need to get the file from a 131 car. Anybody have one from a manual car?
eddybrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2009, 22:08   #23
STUBIE
This is my second home

Back in a Rover

1st question I asked was this the Rover upgrade and his reply

"Hello thanks for your interest - yes this is a genuine MG/Rover upgrade using T4. It reprograms the Engine Management with the CDTi calibration."

Now as Raistlin states in an earlier post perhaps he broken the code and it's not official but if it's the genuine Rover upgrade via T4 that will do for me.

Stubs
STUBIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2009, 22:13   #24
eddybrown
Gets stuck in

Quote:
Originally Posted by STUBIE View Post

"Hello thanks for your interest - yes this is a genuine MG/Rover upgrade using T4. It reprograms the Engine Management with the CDTi calibration."

Now as Raistlin states in an earlier post perhaps he broken the code and it's not official but if it's the genuine Rover upgrade via T4 that will do for me.

Stubs
Fair enough,

Sounds a great deal then
Old 7th March 2009, 22:16   #25
mark_bonsai

Rover 75 CDT Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddybrown View Post
He'll probably be flashing the ECU with the map from a 131 car, we know this works as long as the car has the options enabled in the ECU ie automatic/manual, cruise, traction etc.
My thoughts exactly, as this is something I'm looking into myself. You can pick up ECU's from breakers on ebay for about £40-50. As long as they can confirm either by log book code, reg number through an insurance quote or picture of X-Power sticker on the car, that it's a 131 you're laughing. The modules to rip and rewrite the code are readily available on ebay for about £40.

I've got one and a 131 ECU sat in my workshop waiting for when I've got the time to play about with it.
Re-mapped. EGR bypass. De-catted. 18" Apex's. ZT190 brakes & suspension. Xenon projectors. Powerfold bullets. Electric rear sun blind. Auto dipping rear view mirror. Wood and leather steering wheel. Wood handbrake handle. Full leather sports seats. Harman Kardon speakers & sub. Navall 2 double din through 500w Kenwood amp. Fully chromed front grill.
Old 7th March 2009, 22:19   #26
mark_bonsai

Rover 75 CDT Saloon

Quote:

Stubs
Mmm, confusing. Everything I've ever been told about this up grade has said that the up grade code is vehicle specific, and has to be obtained from Omitec.

His replies to Stubs and myself don't really tally...
Old 7th March 2009, 22:25   #27
eddybrown
Gets stuck in

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_bonsai View Post
My thoughts exactly, as this is something I'm looking into myself. You can pick up ECU's from breakers on ebay for about £40-50. As long as they can confirm either by log book code, reg number through an insurance quote or picture of X-Power sticker on the car, that it's a 131 you're laughing. The modules to rip and rewrite the code are readily available on ebay for about £40.

I've got one and a 131 ECU sat in my workshop waiting for when I've got the time to play about with it.
I had planned this but I thought for a little bit more I can have a custom remap (£80-100 for the remapped ECU file) and then write the file onto the car yourself with the kit from ebay.
Old 7th March 2009, 22:31   #28
STUBIE
This is my second home

Back in a Rover

I'm not sure what the official upgrade does, is it vehicle specific?

If it just puts a 131 map on the ecu via testbook then surely that all that's been done here. I know there are other mapper's out there but I would think the official Rover one is the one to go for, it's also the cheapest I've seen for the map rather than the dealer rip off.

Stubs
STUBIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2009, 22:36   #29
mark_bonsai

Rover 75 CDT Saloon

Quote:
I'm not sure what the official upgrade does, is it vehicle specific?

If it just puts a 131 map on the ecu via testbook then surely that all that's been done here. I know there are other mapper's out there but I would think the official Rover one is the one to go for, it's also the cheapest I've seen for the map rather than the dealer rip off.

Stubs
I've always thought that it was vehicle specific as it has to be ordered through your dealer with your cars details. They send them to Omitec who provide the codes to be input using the T4.

Hopefully Keith the T4 expert will be along soon to clarify.:lol:
Old 8th March 2009, 00:43   #30
BigRuss
Premium Trader

75 CDT Tourer,2.5 Launch Saloon, Omipro MG/Rover (T4)

Thanked 1,340 Times in 661 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_bonsai View Post
I've always thought that it was vehicle specific as it has to be ordered through your dealer with your cars details. They send them to Omitec who provide the codes to be input using the T4.

Hopefully Keith the T4 expert will be along soon to clarify.:lol:
That is correct the Vin number of the car is sent through to Omitec who send the correct ZCS code for that particular car.

He may have sussed out that you can apply the coding as Keith has done, but it has to be for an identical car IIRC.

Or maybe he knows another way?

Russ

Replacement Key Service
http://https://the75andztclub.co.uk/...d.php?t=244732
Full T4 Testbook diagnostics available.
Diesel ECU repair and replacement.
Options enabled or disabled as required.
Diesel X-Power 135 and 160bhp, Rover 1.8T 150 to 160
MG 160 V6 to 177 upgrades available
P.M. for details.
BigRuss is offline   Reply With Quote