Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 27th May 2007, 08:59   #1
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts
Default ipod help

I got an ipod for my birthday but cant get it to work. I downloaded quick time and itunes but what do i do next? When i click on the itunes icon on my desk top nothing happens. Going to try removing and reinstalling but dont know what i've done wrong.Do i need to open an account before it will work?
Thanks for any help
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2007, 11:19   #2
Teflon
This is my second home

Lagoon 2.0 V6 75 Conn SE Saloon

Thanked 2,920 Times in 1,570 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sworks View Post
I got an ipod for my birthday but cant get it to work. I downloaded quick time and itunes but what do i do next? When i click on the itunes icon on my desk top nothing happens. Going to try removing and reinstalling but dont know what i've done wrong.Do i need to open an account before it will work?
Thanks for any help
Sounds like something is wrong with the iTunes install, as it should be very straightforward. Best place to go for help is here: http://www.ilounge.com/ The site has a large forum, with support on all aspects of ipods and iTunes, so I'm sure someone will be able to get you sorted.

Hope it all works out,

Cliff
Teflon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2007, 15:17   #3
Departed
Retired

--

What happened when you plugged the iPod in? Did the computer see it as a new piece of hardware and pop up 'new hardware found'?

What does the screen of the iPod do when you plug it in. Does it charge, does it say 'do not disconnect'?

If you look in explorer, does your iPod appear as an extra disc drive?

Soory for lots of questions back, but they may help diagnose where the problem is.
Departed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2007, 10:39   #4
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

thanks for your help, finally got it sorted, i had to download quick time first then i tunes. i think my problems might be down to me not having enough memory in my pc as when i 'click' the itunes icon nothing happens unless you wait about 5 mins then it appears and works. Instructions were useless but seems to work now. What a fantastic bit of kit!!
Thanks again
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote