Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 19th May 2007, 11:30   #1
Rob_N

2001 CDT SE Auto

Default CD Player Unit Replacement

Hi..

I have a 2001 CDT Club SE which is fitted with a 6 CD unit in the glovebox. I am currently getting the 'No Disc' error message and I am told that this means either getting the unit repaired (if possible, and how long would it last before it goes again?) or replacing it with a second hand or new unit. A second hand unit would probably be the same age as mine and be just as likely to break down in the future. A new unit might be OK, assuming I could find one, but OFC, there is the issue of price.......

My question is: Is it possible to replace the CD player with a digital unit of some kind (Ipod or similar???) which could still be controlled by the head unit?? I definitely don't want to change the head unit as nothing else would look right in the car.

I can't believe that I'm the only person who's ever had this problem o how have you all got over it? Any help/advice greatly appreciated.

Rob
Rob_N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2007, 12:43   #2
Mike
This is my second home

Rover 75 V8

Hi Rob,

A fair few have had this problem with their changer, including me. I had mine repaired and have had no problem since. Often it is simply a case of freeing up the motor that drives the CD pick up mechanism - it jams . This is a common issue with Alpine Changers.

Otherwise you can buy new other makes of changer with an adapter to make them work with the OEM head unit. A search for 'Connects 2 changer' on here should get you all the information you need.

hth

Mike