Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 9th May 2007, 18:47   #1
chrismillie

rover 75 tourer

Talking Whats The Telephone Button For???

Could Some Let Me Know What This Button On The Radio Is For Has A Pix Of Telephone When Pressed Screen Says No Phone?? How Do You Connect To It?? Also Every Now And Again Were The Milometer Is Get The Letters (err) Swithch Of And Thay Go ?? Thanks Chris...
chrismillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2007, 19:12   #2
Jürgen
Posted a thing or two

Hi Chris,

Rover intended to sell a hands free set in the early years after the introduction of the 75. But they stopped the development because the design was a little bit old fashioned AFAIK. Every few month new mobile phones enter the market and their kit wasn't a universal one. In the last year of production they offered a modern kit (Bluetooth), but then the Symphony wasn't available any more.

Now the phone button can be used to switch on or off the SLE (Symphony Loudness Enabler), if fitted.
Old 9th May 2007, 20:04   #3
apywell
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon. 2.0 Diesel Auto. Connoisseur SE.

Quote:
Also Every Now And Again Were The Milometer Is Get The Letters (err) Swithch Of And Thay Go ??
Yeah I get that too.... just today in fact. Many owners also have the same problem. I have read on here that it is a software issue but sadly no fix was done..... at least that is how I understand it. Someone will be along soon if I'm wrong......

Alan

Now has an S-Type 2.7 diesel V6 twin turbo with Jag voice, bluetooth, sat nav, front and rear park assist, electric fold mirrors etc, etc, etc.....
apywell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2007, 06:21   #4
Departed
Retired

--

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juergen View Post
Hi Chris,

Rover intended to sell a hands free set in the early years after the introduction of the 75. But they stopped the development because the design was a little bit old fashioned AFAIK. Every few month new mobile phones enter the market and their kit wasn't a universal one. In the last year of production they offered a modern kit (Bluetooth), but then the Symphony wasn't available any more.

Now the phone button can be used to switch on or off the SLE (Symphony Loudness Enabler), if fitted.
The kit supported two phones, one Nokia one Siemens. They were reasonably up to date, but admittedly would have been out of date very soon. The system was basically the same as the BMW one which sold quite succesfully, and the development was almost complete for the telephone itself. It was the development of the mounting for the handset in the armrest lid that was stopped at the last minute. And I do mean last minute. The phone system was shown at the technical press launch and was in some launch documentation.

Departed is offline   Reply With Quote