Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 25th March 2007, 15:13   #1
lildevil
Avid contributor

Lexus IS200 (Previously - Rover 75 Saloon)

Default This could be...

....my last weekend of Rover 75 ownership :SHOCKED:
I was looking for another Rover 75 however knew deep down that I didn't really need such a big car anymore but still went looking....as I was doing just that I noticed a silver Lexus IS200 (pics coming soon....if you want to see it?) at SMC Mitsubishi in Sittingbourne. It wasn't a very bad price @ £10999 and they said they will give me £1700 for my car...sadly I just couldn't refuse bearing in mind I knew all alone I didn't really need such a big car.

So it is with great sadness I have to say goodbye to all you great, happy, helpful people on here and 4 years of mostly happy motoring with this great car! I will greatly miss this lovely car.

You guys and girls have been a great help to me with all of your great knowledge and useful advice.

Who knows I may at some point just miss it to much and get another one!

I hope that I will still be welcome at this great friendly club even if it is just for the social side?

I am really sorry for not attending any of the meets because I would have loved to....honest!

So I guess its goodbye and good luck and I hope the club grows stronger and keeps getting better. GOOD LUCK!

Regards
Tom
lildevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2007, 15:30   #2
Phil
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Connoisseur SE

Good luck Tom. I've no excuse for having such a large car, I'm 23 and have no kids. My excuse is its British and I love it. Good luck anyway and hope you come to your senses and change your mind. You could get a hell of a lot of 75 for that money you know.
Take care.
Old 25th March 2007, 15:37   #3
lildevil
Avid contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil
Good luck Tom. I've no excuse for having such a large car, I'm 23 and have no kids. My excuse is its British and I love it.
I know they are really great cars and I can't believe myself that I am parting with it and not getting another one.....somebody shoot me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
Good luck anyway and hope you come to your senses and change your mind. You could get a hell of a lot of 75 for that money you know.
Take care.
I know, don't remind me please. To be honest though as good cars they are a) I need a change b) I didn't have much luck finding what I wanted....which was a new shape 2.5 Con SE...not very easy to find you know

I will miss this club and the car there is no doubt about that....I hope I will still be welcome......

Regards
Tom
Old 25th March 2007, 16:24   #4
Tim_Burgess
This is my second home

1999 75 Connoisseur SE 2.5, 2000 75 Classic SE 2.0, 2012 Lancia Delta 3, 2016 Dacia Sandero Ambiance

Good luck with the Lexus Tom, a friend of mine has one and I've always had a sneaking admiration for them.

I changed from a 75 in March '06 & bought a Honda Accord Vtec Coupe - looked great on the dealer's forecourt, promised much, delivered little. 8 months later I realised what a dreadful mistake I'd made & swapped it (literally) for the 75 I have now.

I don't think you'll have the same experience with the IS.
Tim_Burgess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2007, 16:28   #5
lildevil
Avid contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_Burgess View Post
Good luck with the Lexus Tom, a friend of mine has one and I've always had a sneaking admiration for them.

I changed from a 75 in March '06 & bought a Honda Accord Vtec Coupe - looked great on the dealer's forecourt, promised much, delivered little. 8 months later I realised what a dreadful mistake I'd made & swapped it (literally) for the 75 I have now.

I don't think you'll have the same experience with the IS.
Thanks tim for the info they are nice...im just not 100% sure on the front end...it looks good at some angles but at the same time don't look very good at others.

Not that surprising...it would take ALOT to beat the 75. I will miss the interior of the 75 the IS interior isn't as nice...and as welcoming ast he 75s.

Regards
Tom
Old 25th March 2007, 16:43   #6
Ken
Busy doing nothing!

Tom

Do stick around you are more than welcome to stay for the social side and even to help us out with someones problems now and again. You can still come to a meet you know.............but could you park somewhere else

Only joking Tom pop in from time to time and let us know how the Lexus is going

All the best

Ken & the club :lol:
Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2007, 16:45   #7
lildevil
Avid contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken View Post
Tom

Do stick around you are more than welcome to stay for the social side and even to help us out with someones problems now and again. You can still come to a meet you know.............but could you park somewhere else

Only joking Tom pop in from time to time and let us know how the Lexus is going

All the best

Ken & the club :lol:
Thanks Ken. Nice to know im still welcome...even if I have betrayed you all LOL!
Obviously the people over on the Lexus owners club aren't nearly as happy as you people here. I much prefer this site layout and the forum software used. They use Invision so im having to adapt....and they are littered with ads

Regards
Tom
Old 25th March 2007, 16:45   #8
Tim_Burgess
This is my second home

1999 75 Connoisseur SE 2.5, 2000 75 Classic SE 2.0, 2012 Lancia Delta 3, 2016 Dacia Sandero Ambiance

Totally agree, There isn't an interior in this class of car to beat the 75.

That was one of the things that eventually got to me woth the Accord Coupe - lovely leather seats, a bit of wood (OK, Plastic wood) but the dashboard was a symphony in cheap grey plastic. I even considered an S Type Jag, but after the 75 I was really disappointed with the standard of the interior.
Tim_Burgess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2007, 16:50   #9
lildevil
Avid contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_Burgess View Post
Totally agree, There isn't an interior in this class of car to beat the 75.

That was one of the things that eventually got to me woth the Accord Coupe - lovely leather seats, a bit of wood (OK, Plastic wood) but the dashboard was a symphony in cheap grey plastic. I even considered an S Type Jag, but after the 75 I was really disappointed with the standard of the interior.
Yeah your totally right.

A question: How long will it take for a private plate transfer? I was told the same day if I take all the papers to the DVLA office by a member on the Lexus owners club.....is this correct?? At the garage I was told it will take a week for me to get the car if I keep the cars current plates (by the time the finance gets sorted) but A MONTH if I transfer the private plates I don't see why the wait??

Regards
Tom
Old 25th March 2007, 17:46   #10
GreyGhost
Banned

180+ Sport Auto

Don't be leaving Tom you are more than welcome anytime even though you are a traitor.

Meets are open to all, just the club parking space is for 75 and ZT. You'll have to park round the back with the rest of the riff raff now.

Hope the new car is a goody and treats you well. Nice choice BTW.
GreyGhost is offline   Reply With Quote