Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Factory Fit Highline & Lowline Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 27th August 2023, 12:02   #1
Kearton
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T CDTi

Default Radio not switching off

Folks,
I have a couple of issues. Can you help?

Model
ZT-T 2004

Kit
Hi-line sat nav Mk 4, BM 54 radio & digital TV unit + Harmon Kardon amp & speakers.

Issue
I have a problem whereby, if I switch the engine off when the radio is on, the radio stays on. Neither the audio controls on the head unit nor the steering wheel work. As it stands, it is steadily draining the battery. The sat. nav menu functions (right hand knob) do still work.

I had the car serviced recently, and the reverse parking sensors and their control unit replaced. I now recall the mechanic saying that he had to remove the sat. nav. unit & power amplifier to do this.

I originally thought the issue was with the head unit, but now I'm thinking that the connection between the HU and the amp. & radio have somehow been disrupted, so the HU controls can't tell them to switch off.

Secondly, as well as replacing the parking sensors & controller, the reversing switch was replaced. That fixed the reversing light issue, but the parking sensors still don't work, & there is no beep on selecting reverse. (The 'lights left on' warning, and batt. back-up alarm sounder both still work. )

Questions
  1. Are there any specific connectors behind the sat. nav. & amp. that I should check?
  2. Are there any other wires in that area that might explain the parking sensors not working?
  3. Any other advice / suggestions?

All help appreciated.

Last edited by Kearton; 27th August 2023 at 12:09..
Kearton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2023, 14:26   #2
Geoff130
Loves to post

MG ZT 190, Rover 75 CDTi, Honda VFR 750, Honda CB550F

Check the I-bus line, it provides control signals to the sat nav, radio and PDC controller. It's a white wire with red stripe and yellow dots on it, usually causes probles where it's got wet.
Geoff130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2023, 17:59   #3
Kearton
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T CDTi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff130 View Post
Check the I-bus line, it provides control signals to the sat nav, radio and PDC controller. It's a white wire with red stripe and yellow dots on it, usually causes probles where it's got wet.

Thanks Geoff. I'll get it checked.
Kearton is offline   Reply With Quote