Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 1st April 2009, 10:01   #1
MX55HAD

75 Connoisseur SE CDTi Auto Tourer

Default Synergy 2

75 CDTi Conn SE Tourer

I have just received and fitted the Rover Ron Synergy 2 unit .

Excellent service from Rover Ron. I Ordered the unit last Friday and it arrived on the following Monday.

Fitting took less than half an hour. A doddle even for me...

I cannot begin to describe the difference this unit has made to the driving experience of my car.

With the unit set to 3 and the MAF switch on, The fuel consumption has improved by more than 8 mpg ( 43 mpg Av) the low down torque and throttle response has improved considerably.

I would highly recommend this unit to any one who is looking for improved performance/ fuel economy.
MX55HAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2009, 10:38   #2
Reebmit
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Con SE CDTi, 205 GTi 1.9 (x 2), 205 CTi 1.9, 205 GTi Mi16, Ford C-Max 2.0 TDCi Ghia, MR2 GT

Thanks Peter, thats all I need, I've also got M3enderez telling me how good they are along with the 1,000's of others on this forum, I'm trying to resist as its not what I bought the car for, BUT I do love horsepower and its getting harder and harder to resist, I may have to bite the good old bullett we'll see, but really, thanks for your comments it does make a good case for the Synergy
Reebmit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2009, 10:45   #3
shakennstirred
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 ConnSE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reebmit View Post
Thanks Peter, thats all I need, I've also got M3enderez telling me how good they are along with the 1,000's of others on this forum, I'm trying to resist as its not what I bought the car for, BUT I do love horsepower and its getting harder and harder to resist, I may have to bite the good old bullett we'll see, but really, thanks for your comments it does make a good case for the Synergy
its not just about the horsepower, it makes the car easier and a joy to drive even when your pottering about around town, because the throttle response is better

im still amazed that there are people on this forum with diesels that dont have the Synergy 2
get one mate you really are missing out
British racing green
Harman kardon stereo upgrade//SYNERGY TUNING MODULE/EGR bypass/intake mod
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last edited by shakennstirred; 1st April 2009 at 10:50..
shakennstirred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2009, 11:17   #4
M3NDEREZ
Posted a thing or two

R75 DUB Saloon Connoisseur CDT + Synergy2

See, I didn't get any increase in MPG at all, but that's because mine's permanently set to 10.. However, there's been no decrease either, and as mentioned, it makes the care more pelasurable to drive, especially with an Auto 'box - Rather than there being more stress on the gearbox, there seems to be less hunting for gears and less changes in general..

They really are a must - Get one!

STILL WANTED: Black Leather & Chrome Auto Gearknob, Diesel Cruise ECU, EGR Bypass.
M3NDEREZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2009, 11:26   #5
JohnDotCom

Rover 75 FaceLift Tourer CDTi 170BHP Auto ConnSE 2005 Model Starlight Silver

If you are using the Car Computer for MPG please bear in mind with the Synergy fitted this figure will be out by approx 10%.
JohnDotCom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2009, 15:21   #6
MX55HAD

75 Connoisseur SE CDTi Auto Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3NDEREZ View Post
See, I didn't get any increase in MPG at all, but that's because mine's permanently set to 10.. However, there's been no decrease either, and as mentioned, it makes the care more pelasurable to drive, especially with an Auto 'box - Rather than there being more stress on the gearbox, there seems to be less hunting for gears and less changes in general..

They really are a must - Get one!

My car is indeed an Auto and I agree, the whole car drives and feels different and it is certainly more pleasurable to drive. The best £180 I have spent in a long time.... An essential to Rover 75 Diesel ownership!
MX55HAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2009, 19:15   #7
Tam
Posted a thing or two

05 ZT+, 04 ZT+, 64 P6 2.0, 74 P6 V8s, 75 P6 V8, 92 214Si, 04 25 Td, 02 Defend , 05 ZR 105+ x2

Best thing i have fitted to mine also makes the manual much better to drive and improved m.p.g. ! . M.P.G. drops like a stone if you start to use the extra power to much though .
Old 1st April 2009, 19:49   #8
mcdonaa
Avid contributor

2002 ZT-T 190

Agree with everyone here - best mod you can do to a CDT/CDTi by far. Even got one for my brother's Freelander TD4.

Like its been said above - its more about the drivability of the M47 engine after fitting rather than the power increase (although this is nice too). Makes the car much more effortless to drive in traffic etc. Does Rover Ron do a mod for the heavy clutch, as that is my only small gripe with the drive!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
mcdonaa is offline   Reply With Quote