Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Events and Meets > Regional Events Forum: London & The South
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 1st January 2015, 16:26   #21
windrush
This is my second home

December 2004 Rover 75 2ltr CDTi Connoisseur SE HL Tourer

Thanked 3,015 Times in 2,347 Posts

[hopefully Lilian and I will be there VinnieI][/I]
Club Member No. 96 / Forum User No. 111
REGISTRATION to the club as a member FREE, FULL MEMBERSHIP is £10

WE WILL REMEMBER THEM
windrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2015, 18:26   #22
maxxpump
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDT

Me and James Will make it to your event this time as we had all sorts of severe mechanical problems last time and could not make it. We will definitely try to make it in this instance and we will be there to make amends!
Old 1st January 2015, 19:06   #23
Yeti
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT190+, MG ZT-T Diesel

Default 10th meet at The Star, Leatherhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof25 View Post
Thats fine didz I think the main offenders will get the point, if you want to build up a successful meet you dont makes jokes about others cars. If I want to be insulted i have a family for that lol See you on the 11th hopefully

This is yet another not so subtle dig at me. Obviously you believe others would do better, so I hereby pass the buck over to you to continue this meet or not. I hereby wash my hands of this now, as had too much abuse from certain quarters on this site. I apologise for the short notice to all my genuine supporters who can give and take the jokes, much as I have done with my car etc. Good luck with it in the future. Signing off for good.
Old 1st January 2015, 19:14   #24
windrush
This is my second home

December 2004 Rover 75 2ltr CDTi Connoisseur SE HL Tourer

Thanked 3,015 Times in 2,347 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeti View Post
This is yet another not so subtle dig at me. Obviously you believe others would do better, so I hereby pass the buck over to you to continue this meet or not. I hereby wash my hands of this now, as had too much abuse from certain quarters on this site. I apologise for the short notice to all my genuine supporters who can give and take the jokes, much as I have done with my car etc. Good luck with it in the future. Signing off for good.
Now that is bad news Vinnie not what I and many others want to hear Please reconsider
Club Member No. 96 / Forum User No. 111
REGISTRATION to the club as a member FREE, FULL MEMBERSHIP is £10

WE WILL REMEMBER THEM
windrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2015, 20:54   #25
shiner
Regional Secretary London South & West

Suggest this stops here. Vinnie, you do realise people appreciate your efforts. Mike you understand vinnie means no harm, whilst the Rover jibes get to you, perhaps he will see this now. Bottom line your both in the same club. We're not all the same and like different things.
See you at the meet guys, be good if your there vinnie.
If vinnie can't make it, I will step on so things go ahead.
Andy

Andy
T4.KV6 belt special tools
[2002 MG ZT 2.5 177 manual Starlight silver
2004 MG ZT-T 1.8T 160 manual green
shiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2015, 21:25   #26
Rev Jules
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts
Default Jibes

Hi Vinnie,

What on earth is happening to you, let these things go over your head, you and I have had banters about our cars and never had bad feelings towards each other,
I still think you should have that letter box filled in, it is not big enough to take large letters. lOL,.

Would love to see you Sunday. Don't let us down

Julien
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2015, 08:07   #27
Woof25
Passed Away

Rover 75 Saloon CDti Se A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeti View Post
I am sorry you feel the need to withdraw from the meet yeti, it isnt a dig just pointing out 75 owners as proud of the cars as ZTs owners are, and its the only meet I attend where this happens most find something complimentary to say. I will miss our chats but you must decide for yourself of courseod luck
Woof25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2015, 08:25   #28
Woof25
Passed Away

Rover 75 Saloon CDti Se A

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiner View Post
Suggest this stops here. Vinnie, you do realise people appreciate your efforts. Mike you understand vinnie means no harm, whilst the Rover jibes get to you, perhaps he will see this now. Bottom line your both in the same club. We're not all the same and like different things.
See you at the meet guys, be good if your there vinnie.
If vinnie can't make it, I will step on so things go ahead.
Andy
Thank you andy for stepping into the breach if v innie chooses to make good his intention to leave. I agree that we are all different but I note some who came to the meet once never returned, was it due to the banter I wonder, just a thought.

Out of the 14 meets including Harrisops48 two I have only missed one on Armistice Sunday I like yeti wish it to suceed, but if my presence is the problem then I can withdraw from the Star and meet friends at the Ely and any other meet you set up in your areathough given your busy life maybe a local assistant might be a good idea.

I hope to see you all on the 11th including yeti, and to all others I apoligise if I have offended any of you by my posts that was not my intention

Be well all
Woof25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2015, 12:38   #29
maxxpump
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDT

Default Hope it still happens as ive never been to a meet before

Hopefully it will be a good day out that I can meet some other rover and MG owners! Hopefully I can get some useful info about mods and repairs. Hopefully there are not too many unconstructive comments about how my car looks or weighs up next to X's pristine car (this is why I'm doing up my connie, this is why I'm a member of the OC, I need tips and support...not bad feelings (don't need to drive fifty miles for that!)).

Me and my mate will try this meet out and see what happens!
Old 2nd January 2015, 12:49   #30
shiner
Regional Secretary London South & West

Be good to see you

Andy
T4.KV6 belt special tools
[2002 MG ZT 2.5 177 manual Starlight silver
2004 MG ZT-T 1.8T 160 manual green
shiner is offline   Reply With Quote