Notices

Old 7th March 2018, 16:01   #137861
stevenicks
This is my second home

MG ZT 180 Auto / Rover 75 2.0 Diesel

Thanked 1,666 Times in 1,264 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
I just logged onto find you feeling poorly Ian. I had hoped the weather in the UK was going to warm up for everyone and those bugs were disappearing. I spoke too soon.

We have had monsoon rains all last week. Today it’s dry, hot and sunny but no mains power all day. Usually it’s from mid-March for 2 months we get the long rains. Everything is beginning to green up again. I took some photos around the property...the cows sheltering from the sun, the farm cat, the pool is waiting for me clean it...... Do look after yourself

Very nice photo's Phil, thank you for sharing

Steve
stevenicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2018, 16:05   #137862
stevenicks
This is my second home

Hot Toddy and a large bowl of Lancashire Hotpot will sort you out Ian, followed by a good kip

Steve
Old 7th March 2018, 18:17   #137863
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
Good afternoon Phil I hope you're well, Great pictures Sir, that pool looks inviting in the sunshine.

Thank you for the kind words. I feel sick (my stomach is rumbling like a washing machine), light headed but no rest for the wicked, our daughter is in hospital for the day for a Sinus op under general anesthetic & needs picking up from hospital when she comes around.

My sisters Staffy dog who had £thousands worth of spinal operations & hydro treatment is not doing too good, I've been ferrying them to vets & veterinary hospitals (she doesn't drive) & the vet says to prepare for the worst.

I'll be glad to get back in me bed later.
Hopefully Ian your back home by now, resting up and taking good care of yourself. You have had a busy, busy day. I remember what you said about the sickly Staffy when it first had the op. I admire you for going the distance and helping your sister and the little dog through the bad times in all weathers. What a shame the battle has to come to this, a brave little dog

After Christmas we stayed for a few days in a house on Mount Kenya. Living on the mountain with the owner of the house, were her 2 dogs, both not very old and quite lively but great company, a German Shep and a Staff. So friendly once we got to know them....I do hope you feel better soon, Steve the Strat as well.

Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2018, 18:57   #137864
hrissim
Gets stuck in

75 MK1 2.5 V6 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
I just logged onto find you feeling poorly Ian. I had hoped the weather in the UK was going to warm up for everyone and those bugs were disappearing. I spoke too soon.

We have had monsoon rains all last week. Today it’s dry, hot and sunny but no mains power all day. Usually it’s from mid-March for 2 months we get the long rains. Everything is beginning to green up again. I took some photos around the property...the cows sheltering from the sun, the farm cat, the pool is waiting for me clean it...... Do look after yourself

Hi, Phil - Thank You for sharing this with us!
I`m just curious with the swimming pool almost professionally /~11 years in building swimming pools & SPA industry - from a "naked" field to after warranty maintenance / - what is your filtration system and what kind of chemicals do you use to keep the water clean?

PS: - Your cat is an Egyptian kind of . The features.

Last edited by hrissim; 7th March 2018 at 20:38..
hrissim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2018, 00:04   #137865
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrissim View Post
Hi, Phil - Thank You for sharing this with us!
I`m just curious with the swimming pool almost professionally /~11 years in building swimming pools & SPA industry - from a "naked" field to after warranty maintenance / - what is your filtration system and what kind of chemicals do you use to keep the water clean?

PS: - Your cat is an Egyptian kind of . The features.
The 50,000L salt water pool is about 12 years old Hristo and it is heated by solar. If it is too hot, we switch it off. I hate getting into a pool that is too hot...

We test the ph and alkalinity of the water ourselves. The filtration system is in the pump house, part of it involves running the water through a sand filter. When needed, I do a backwash of about 30 seconds and then a brief rinse to keep the loss of water to a minimum. If it starts to go green, I will throw in some salt. The salt water passes through a chlorinator. The bottom of the pool is kept clean with a suction device called a Barracuda. I also brush it and the walls with a long handled net and brush. Because of the sun, I wear a big hat. I find it therapeutic and relaxing, cleaning the pool.

The pool is illuminated by floodlights for swimming on a hot night.....on the odd occasion we get a snake in the water and I get to catch it and make sure it gets back to the forest out of harms way.

The cat is one two, they help keep the rats and mice away from the cows feed and the squirrels have been chased back to the forest. They used to get into the roof and make a noise, but since we had the cats, all that had stopped. We have 5 dogs here. Dogs and cats, all get along
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2018, 06:25   #137866
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Morning all from Sunny Devon. Got 5 properties to view today. 2 in Saltash, 1 in Liskard, 1 in Plymouth and t'other one in Plymstock. Wait till the neighbour's hear the Bear arrive.

233,431. That’s our second meet done, no.3 next weekend.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2018, 06:58   #137867
freddie
Passed Away

75 cdti connoisseur se saloon

Thanked 1,921 Times in 1,345 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA View Post
Morning all from Sunny Devon. Got 5 properties to view today. 2 in Saltash, 1 in Liskard, 1 in Plymouth and t'other one in Plymstock. Wait till the neighbour's hear the Bear arrive.

Morning Bob sounds like you have a busy day.

LADY IN RED
freddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2018, 07:00   #137868
freddie
Passed Away

75 cdti connoisseur se saloon

Thanked 1,921 Times in 1,345 Posts

Morning all been raining but suns out and its windy.

Morning again Jay

LADY IN RED
freddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2018, 07:02   #137869
stevenicks
This is my second home

Morning Bob, good look with the viewing and have a good day sir

Steve
Old 8th March 2018, 07:14   #137870