Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 1st May 2017, 10:10   #61
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennyeth View Post
But then it leaves the victim with no means of communication. Ken.
Nay, nay, nay Mr Wilks.

Not withstanding preferred channels proxies on a forum are quite commonplace and it can get quite amusing if and when they try to reverse the role of victim. You know, "why he say this and why he say that when sun shine out of ..." ZZZzzzzz.

Not inferring that's you Ken.
Old 1st May 2017, 10:14   #62
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

I think perhaps the mods should now quarantine this thread, as Keith said earlier, Alan has not been on to respond to this,and may be ill or having family troubles. OP has done his best to contact Alan, and I think now th mods should get involved,and perhaps we should refrain from commenting until Alan has had a chance to respond.
Old 1st May 2017, 10:22   #63
mgzrjake
Loves to post

MG ZTT 135+ diesel, MGZS 180 saloon MK2

Default 6 weeks

I think perhaps the mods should now quarantine this thread, as Keith said earlier, Alan has not been on to respond to this,and may be ill or having family troubles. OP has done his best to contact Alan, and I think now th mods should get involved,and perhaps we should refrain from commenting until Alan has had a chance to respond.

really is 6 weeks not long enough ? and he's also been on here
Old 1st May 2017, 10:27   #64
Kennyeth
This is my second home

No more Rover

Thanked 1,308 Times in 998 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyHeckaslike View Post
Nay, nay, nay Mr Wilks.

Not withstanding preferred channels proxies on a forum are quite commonplace and it can get quite amusing if and when they try to reverse the role of victim. You know, "why he say this and why he say that when sun shine out of ..." ZZZzzzzz.

Not inferring that's you Ken.
Notwithstanding my usually sharp mind I am failing to understand what you have just said
Ken.
Old 1st May 2017, 10:29   #65
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgzrjake View Post

really is 6 weeks not long enough ? and he's also been on here
Even though I am in East Africa, I will do my best to make contact with Alan. I have his details.
Old 1st May 2017, 10:30   #66
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooney View Post
You can't load funds to your PayPal balance with a debit card in the UK now.

The card provider will never know how the money was sent - here's why:

Look at any bank statement you have where you've used PayPal. If you fund your payment with any type of card that payment shows as a PayPal payment to whatever the recipients PayPal name or trading name is.

If you look at a payment funded by instant bank transfer (essentially a direct debit payment where the funds are released to the seller immediately, but don't come off your available bank balance until two to three days after the payment is sent), you'll see there's no recipient name - that's because with an IBT the funds are uploaded to your PayPal balance then used to ''cash'' the IBT you sent.

When it comes to disputing a debit card payment it couldn't be easier.

Find the payment in your bank account, make a note of the amount, date and recipient name.

Contact your bank and ask to be put through to the chargeback team (more likely to be referred to as the disputed payments team)

Once through to them ALL you have to say is :

''With reference to the payment made on (date) to (recipient) - I have not received the item I paid for. I have attempted to recover the money using PayPal's buyer protection policy but unfortunately they weren't able to help. I would like you to dispute this payment with PayPal on my behalf as the payment recipient has failed to supply me with the goods I paid for and is therefore in breach of contract''

The bank will send a form which is completed honestly - in other words, I sent this payment in return for (item name) - I never received the item. The card issuer will then credit the card holder's account.

Here's the non science part - PayPal don't defend chargebacks. They'll look at the request, put the funds on hold in the seller's PayPal account (creating a negative balance if needs be) and then, after a brief ''investigation'' will tell the seller that as the payment wasn't eligible for seller protection they'll need to upload the funds to their account to restore it to a zero balance. The seller will be given significant time to restore their balance, but won't be able to send payments until they do, and any payments they receive will go towards reaching a zero balance. If the account remains in a negative balance it will be limited, then restricted, then locked. At the point it is locked it becomes a debt collection issue, PayPal using pit bulls in England and Wales to recover debts.

The important thing to remember if faced with this situation now - choosing to negate your PayPal buyer protection by sending a specific type of payment does NOT mean you have negated your legal rights.

There is no need to tell the bank why your buyer protection claim failed - they don't care so there isn't any reason to say you sent the money via friends and family.

The distinction here is PayPal's - they are aware that people help sellers evade fees by using friends and family. They take the view that the fees the seller pays are essentially the premium the buyer pays for their ''insurance policy''

It's like paying insurance on a 1.8, failing to declare you've swapped in a V8 then expecting the insurance company to still payout when some Johnny No Friends wipes you out whilst uninsured and drunk.

You can't claim from your insurer but you sure as heck can sue Johnny No Friends.

Dishonest sellers rely on people giving up when PayPal deny their claim - that's why they choose the friends and family option in the first place.
I hear what you say Rooney, and yes your method can and has worked. But! the OP's card provider will ask what the PayPal payment was for, and will want copies/evidence of the PayPal transaction (these can be sent via email, or copies via the post service).

I've carried out several Chargeback disputes and claims under Section 75 over the years, and its not as straight forward as you make-out. I'm actually going through a Chargeback myself right now, this is with a small online business. I've just finished supplying all recorded evidence that my card issuer has requested, and its nothing I didn't already know, the process is always the same.

I suggest the OP to give his bank/card issuer a phone call as soon as possible, there is no need to walk into a local branch, the claim can be actioned with just one phone call. Firstly his bank/card provider will need to inform the OP of their T&C's and how they can or cannot help him, its a very complicated process, and this is where many people become confused regarding 'Chargeback' using debit cards via PayPal. .
Old 1st May 2017, 10:35   #67
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPWC View Post
I concur. Allowing debate to continue serves no useful purpose.

In general, an individual's' character does not change overnight. There may be mitigating circumstances of which the membership is not aware.
Old 1st May 2017, 12:15   #68
Nige B
This is my second home

honda civic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPWC View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennyeth View Post
Notwithstanding my usually sharp mind I am failing to understand what you have just said
Ken.
Not by yourself kennyeth

Nige B
Old 1st May 2017, 12:29   #69
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Its not me his failing to understand Nige.Its willyheckaslike's post.
Old 1st May 2017, 12:49   #70
kc13661
I really should get out more.......

Freelander Td4

Personally think it's time a MOD closed this thread, the forum does not benefit from 'lynch mob actions'

Growing old is compulsory.... Growing up is Optional
Closed Thread