Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 7th June 2012, 21:47   #1
alanT
Banned

Rover 75

Default What a friendly persona this club emits . . .

. . . when members seem to take delight in seeking out ebay/autotrader/gumtree/carandclassic ads and ridiculing the sellers/potential buyers and their cars?

Very sad, juvenile, totally unnecessary and does the club no favours whatsoever.
Old 7th June 2012, 21:51   #2
Dave Goody
This is my second home

15 years of 75s & ZTs now an XTrail

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanT View Post
. . . when members seem to take delight in seeking out ebay/autotrader/gumtree/carandclassic ads and ridiculing the sellers/potential buyers and their cars?

Very sad, juvenile, totally unnecessary and does the club no favours whatsoever.
Are we talking about any particular posts I see someone is ridiculing the new fastest street legal car Dave

When I was a kid I was scared of earwigs because I thought they actually lived in your ears. I was even more terrified of cockroaches!

Last edited by Dave Goody; 7th June 2012 at 22:07..
Old 7th June 2012, 22:25   #3
Rabett_Rover
This is my second home

Rover 75

Quote:

I totally agree. Not only does it reflect badly on the club, but it will also I知 sure will put some members off from posting their own cars for sale on the site- certainly I値l think twice in future!
Old 7th June 2012, 22:34   #4
Poppy
Banned

75 club 1.8 petrol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabett_Rover View Post
I totally agree. Not only does it reflect badly on the club, but it will also I知 sure will put some members off from posting their own cars for sale on the site- certainly I値l think twice in future!

Hmmm.Yes, I do have a problem with ads being ridiculed because the seller has priced his car at whatever.... Do peeps REALLY think that out cars are in the category of being worthless......If they are that bad....Why own one then..?????
Old 7th June 2012, 22:56   #5
Martin75
Loves to post

Rover 75 CDti Auto Saloon 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabett_Rover View Post
Hear, Hear Lewis, and it's not only limited to 'for sale' items.
Old 7th June 2012, 23:09   #6
Leyland Worldmaster
This is my second home

Audi A2 1.4TDI

Thanked 1,622 Times in 1,057 Posts

Quote:

True Mr AlanT. I detect a hint of jealousy in some. Whatever happened to being happy for people buying vehicles that they have always wanted? And as fo digging at people for the price; well if theres a market then there's money to be made!

🏓
Old 7th June 2012, 23:12   #7
Fatman
Avid contributor

2003 ZT+190 in Bacchus Supertallic

Quote:

which post would you be pertaining to, I posted on the MG ZRX entry,

A genuine car that is advertised with documented providence, a certified history and accurate photos will not be ridiculed, and would be sought after.

A car that has a flowery description, dubious history and in the case of that particular car, nothing to set it apart from a bog standard unit is setting the owner up for ridicule, especially at such a over inflated price.

Perhaps it was the Royal Rover, again someone after making a quick profit.

I would like to think that visitors to this forum are genuinely interested in owning the best example that their budget will stretch to, pointing out overpriced, mediocre examples should be encouraged. I would like to think that someone who wishes to own a future classic would come to the owners club for advice. if that means highlighting weak, overpriced or wrecked examples on ebay so be it.

Surely the baccus supertalic example that was turned around on ebay with a supposed engine change inside 24 hours is an example.

I do not consider my comments juvenile or sad, I do however take offence at misleading adverts.

I am not attempting to offend anyone or be intentionally inflammatory,I apologise in advance if I have, However highlighting discrepancies can only help new owners surely ?

If I am barking up the wrong tree...... Sorry ill get back in my box

Last edited by Fatman; 7th June 2012 at 23:49..
Old 7th June 2012, 23:31   #8
hotrodinstraycat
Loves to post

2003 X-Powewr Grey MG ZT190

Default just a small dent

Perhaps it was I and if it was, then I'm sorry too. I do not intent or did not intend to offend.

Yes the car I mentioned in my post is repairable but advertised with a small dent, that description is misleading and I'm tired of being misled!

Perhaps I'm just feeling sensitive?

I have spend hundreds in petrol on wasted trips to see dent free cars, to arrive to see a shed that should have been left in the car park that it obviously spend all it's past life in being used as a door stop!

There is or was a car advertised of late in Tamworth via Autotrader, a blue MG ZT 1.8T with warranted 40,000 miles, as new, the sellers words.

The seller looked a little suprised when I gave him the Leomster Auction ad stating the mileage to be incorrect!!! which I found still in the glove box.

Any way I'm off to hit the sack to dream of honest sales and perfect MG's and to ask forgiveness of my sins...if it was I being juvenile.
Old 8th June 2012, 08:02   #9
Canonite
This is my second home

BMW 330d Tourer, MG ZT 180 SE XPG, VW Polo 6R 1.2 TDI Bluemotion

You cant win, they whine like schoolgirls about prices being so low but then whine when someone wants 」7000 for a very rare LWB previously owned by royalty.

The door finishers thread was a bit silly.
Old 8th June 2012, 08:15   #10
sikelsh
This is my second home

MGF

I don't know the post that is being referred to, but if there is a negative to find about the club and in particular is members, then alanT will find it! You seem to be excellent at finding negatives sir.

Enlighten us to the post that has caused today's wrong side of the bed post.