Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Touring Boating Camping & Caravan Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 13th May 2020, 08:18   #11
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
My post was in favour of kick starting one part of the holiday industry.
Just goes to show how difficult it is for a government to kick start anything as there is a difference of opinion.

macafee2
I don't think your opening post came across that way Ian, the thread title "get them open!!" for instance infers that a non necessary part of the economy should be rushed open simply to suit the gratification of a touring caravan owner.

It sounds in a similar vein to the golf course opening, you know, the really essential stuff......

I'm in favour of a sensible staged reopening of the economy, with the most essential parts taking precedence, the fripperies can wait their turn I'm afraid

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2020, 08:56   #12
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
I don't think your opening post came across that way Ian, the thread title "get them open!!" for instance infers that a non necessary part of the economy should be rushed open simply to suit the gratification of a touring caravan owner.

It sounds in a similar vein to the golf course opening, you know, the really essential stuff......

I'm in favour of a sensible staged reopening of the economy, with the most essential parts taking precedence, the fripperies can wait their turn I'm afraid

Brian

sorry. Yes I'd like to go away in the caravan but I did think for site owners it would help them. I do not think they could fill to capacity nor do I think tents would be acceptable as they generally would need a shower/toilet block.

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2020, 11:24   #13
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
sorry. Yes I'd like to go away in the caravan but I did think for site owners it would help them. I do not think they could fill to capacity nor do I think tents would be acceptable as they generally would need a shower/toilet block.

macafee2
I saw your point at the beginning, however, you're but one person, and with good intentions and considerations. The govt. Have to make it viable for everyone, and consider everyone elses' abilities and considerations. Unfortunately our society is just too diverse.

There are far more people out there who simply are struggling to eat, because they have been laid off because of this. To open a golf course before some other things I think is idiotic, and have to ask, how many in the govt are golfists, or have friends who are golfists pressuring them to do this. But that is a by the by argument.

As Brian says, there are more urgent or important businesses to reopen/consider first (I appreciate they are important to those who own, work and use them). A caravan site on the gran d scheme of things is small scale. But would still introduce a widespread problem with regards to infection control/monitoring.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2020, 11:55   #14
Lovel
I really should get out more.......

P6B, L550, Imp, F56, Commando

Hmm, Wondering how the Traveller community manage to navigate the country in their droves ?

Me. I’m putting my van up for sale at twice the price next month due to the anticipated demand and probably overuse of sites if folks aren’t going to fly I don’t want to be invaded up here in relatively quiet sites.

Last edited by Lovel; 13th May 2020 at 11:58..
Lovel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2020, 13:21   #15
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovel View Post
Hmm, Wondering how the Traveller community manage to navigate the country in their droves ?

Me. I’m putting my van up for sale at twice the price next month due to the anticipated demand and probably overuse of sites if folks aren’t going to fly I don’t want to be invaded up here in relatively quiet sites.
With a great deal of experience, understanding and general sense of well being, not to mention their tendency to stick together as much as possible anyway.

Assuming of course, you refer to the genuine traveller community , who on the whole are decent genuine people. Not the parasitic ones who apply their traditions if and when it suits them and their needs (not to mention any official benefit or hindrance).

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2020, 07:36   #16
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

I won.’t be bothering with the caravan this year. I don’t see the point, unless we can go to a caravan site and use the facilities and entertainment, can’t see the point. There is a lovely small site just inland from the Northumberland coast that I like as does my son, but SWMBO and the daughter want things to do and entertainment in the evenings So if. There are going to be restrictions on what you can do then it’s not much fun, may as well just sit in the garden as sit in the caravan with nothing to do or see.Also of everywhere is still closed and tourists not welcome what’s the point? One thing I will be doing is moving it off the jacks when I go to the farm where it is stored next week, and moving it back and forward to stop the tyres getting flat spots..
Old 20th May 2020, 08:11   #17
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPWC View Post
I won.’t be bothering with the caravan this year. I don’t see the point, unless we can go to a caravan site and use the facilities and entertainment, can’t see the point. There is a lovely small site just inland from the Northumberland coast that I like as does my son, but SWMBO and the daughter want things to do and entertainment in the evenings So if. There are going to be restrictions on what you can do then it’s not much fun, may as well just sit in the garden as sit in the caravan with nothing to do or see.Also of everywhere is still closed and tourists not welcome what’s the point? One thing I will be doing is moving it off the jacks when I go to the farm where it is stored next week, and moving it back and forward to stop the tyres getting flat spots..
I read somewhere that if the van is standing long term, you are better to put the caravan on axle stands so the suspension can rest.

You are the opposite to me, we don't like sites where there is entertainment as generally they are too big for us. There is a small site at Chideock, just looking at the hills with the evening sun on them is entertainment enough for me, real eye candy. As for facilities, I'd get angry if others left them in a mess.

I'd be happy to just go to Chideock and be confined to the site, the weather at the moment is fantastic, sit out side, read a book, relax, BBQ.
We could take a weeks food with us so no need to leave site

macafee2

Last edited by macafee2; 20th May 2020 at 08:13..
Old 20th May 2020, 09:15   #18
Borg Warner
I really should get out more.......

None

Going to be hard opening anything up, just look at the schools.

So easy to shut things down, not so easy to start them up.
Borg Warner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2020, 10:49   #19
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

If I want to get on a flight to anywhere from Nairobi, I have to get Covid-19 tested and the result must be negative. I must present the blood lab results at checkin showing I am safe to travel and won’t infect anyone else flying.

Could the same be applied at a Caravan/Camping site, with only Covid-19 negative campers allowed onsite. Hypothetically, would that be practical/anyone?
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2020, 11:22   #20
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
If I want to get on a flight to anywhere from Nairobi, I have to get Covid-19 tested and the result must be negative. I must present the blood lab results at checkin showing I am safe to travel and won’t infect anyone else flying.

Could the same be applied at a Caravan/Camping site, with only Covid-19 negative campers allowed onsite. Hypothetically, would that be practical/anyone?
Have you shares in a testing lab

For how long would the test result be valid for? Really need an "at point of entry test "and then be isolated until you have the result.

macafee2